+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

things to do after oath

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I remember some post with the list of thing to take care of after oath. Like passport, surrender old ppt and apply OCI, inform bank, employer and so on. Can anyone please let me know what else or point me to the direction of the old thread.

Thank you
Chikloo

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
chikloo said:
Hi,
I remember some post with the list of thing to take care of after oath. Like passport, surrender old ppt and apply OCI, inform bank, employer and so on. Can anyone please let me know what else or point me to the direction of the old thread.

Thank you
Chikloo
Congratulations for your oath! Please share your oath experience.
If you have NEXUS, make sure you get it updated with new updated information.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
chikloo said:
Hi,

Thank you
Chikloo
All I did was get a Canadian passport. I kept my US passport, though not everyone has the same option since not all countries recognize dual-citizenship (like India). I didn't notify my employer or bank or anyone else as far as I can remember with the exception of NEXUS.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I applied for Nexus two weeks ago. It is still in pending review status. I'm not able to edit it. Once they finish reviewing I will inform them of the change.

Thank you

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
chikloo said:
I applied for Nexus two weeks ago. It is still in pending review status. I'm not able to edit it. Once they finish reviewing I will inform them of the change.

Thank you
You can just update them at the interview. They will ask for your travel documents then. Make sure you have your Canadian passport for the interview.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
chikloo said:

Thank you
It may take upto 6 to 7 weeks for review to finish.

xperiate

Jul 23, 2007
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Hi,

Thank you
Chikloo
I believe you're looking for this post http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t279380.0.html

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
OAth ceremony was at 2 PM. It started sharply and the clerk announced that the presiding judge will be taking charge. He came in and asked us to be seated. He read some anecdotes from his experience. Then we took oath. He also gave us the things to do as a citizen (rights, responsibilities and opportunities). Then we all sang national anthem and dispersed at 3.15 PM. People who wanted to take photos with judge had to line up. Almost everyone did.