+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

THEY "MAY CONTACT ME"

JTN

Nov 27, 2009
So i just got a letter from the case processing centre that the local office "may contact me". i don't get it because i received a similar letter about 4 years ago and they never contacted me. now i have a spousal sponsorship application and i feel like it is dejavu all over again. please advise because my high paying lawyer is not even picking up my calls.
thanks for your insight and your great forum
JTN

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you received sponsorship approval yet or not? What is the exact text of the letter? We need this information to be able to give a proper answer.

Prodigy4299

Star Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
23-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2010
LANDED..........
26-07-2010
I am assuming your talking about the letter which states that you have been approved as a sponsor. If this is the case, they are saying that the local visa office (which is processing the second part of the application) may contact either you or the sponsored person and ask for either additional documentation or an interview.

My understanding is that when the applications are straight forward, this rarely happens. hence, they say they 'may need' to contact you.

Make sense?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right. Meaning they may or may not contact you. If they need more info, they will. If not, then they won`t contact you. So obviously in your previous application, they didn`t need more info. which is why they didn`t contact you.