+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

there is no status update on E-cas after one year ?

Ethan-xx

Aug 10, 2013
Hi All,

I have applied for grant of citizenship on 07/16 2012 and received letter from Sydney office in 21/August 2012
I think this is you guys called acknowledge letter / letter say " this is to acknowledge receipt of 1 adults and 0 child
applications for Canadian citizenship . the application and documents will now be reviewed and we will contact you if additional information
is required.

on my letter right side Top corner there is client ID number and Receipt Number . I did try to use e-cas to find my application status
but I could not find any information there and I did try again today still nothing there . in 21/August 2013 this year will be one year since I received acknowledged letter from Sydney office but my questions is why when I try to use e-cas to find my application status
but I could not find any information there ? there is no status update on E-cas still since almost one year when I received acknowledge letter ...Any suggestion will be helpful.

is anyone can tell me why ?

Thank you .

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
A year is a very long time without any ECAS update...is it possible that by mistake you choose not to see you status online??? however i will suggets give a call to CIC call center 1st thing monday morning and inquire

Ethan-xx

Aug 10, 2013
Hi Okk

what does that means " is it possible that by mistake you choose not to see you status online??? " you can choose not to see status online ?
I did not know that .

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
Ethan-xx said:
Hi Okk

what does that means " is it possible that by mistake you choose not to see you status online??? " you can choose not to see status online ?
I did not know that .
Yeah buddy there is a option on ECAS you can choose to remove your online status...I have a feeling by mistake you had done that.

This what it states at the bottom of any applicant ECAS. Right next to it there is a tick box, if you make this selection then you wont be able to review your ECAS status.

"Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site.
Note: Once you withdraw your consent, your application status and address information will no longer be available on the Internet. Learn about other ways of receiving information about the processing and status of your application and updating your address information by contacting us."

Ethan-xx

Aug 10, 2013
HI OKK

thank you for helping and you are right it was my mistake choose not to see my status online
but now I can see my status online now ....I am not sure this is a good news or not but to me I think is good news all well I think.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 6, 2013.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
Ethan-xx said:
HI OKK

thank you for helping and you are right it was my mistake choose not to see my status online
but now I can see my status online now ....I am not sure this is a good news or not but to me I think is good news all well I think.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 6, 2013.
I am glad it worked out for you and yes your time line is great so it sure is a good news....now just sit tight and wait on the next step which will be a citizenship test...However you can still call CIC and find out if your file had been transferred to your local office or not. Looking at your timeline i am sure it had. Good Luck

CanadianSam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ethan-xx: Soon you will get the test letter :D.
Get ready; A lot of people of your similar time line started to receive test letters.
Good luck

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That´s very good news! CIC started processing my application on February 2013 also, I hope we´ll get an invitation to write the test soon. Good luck to all of us.
Keep us informed, it will be good to know when you receive the letter.

Ethan-xx

Aug 10, 2013
Hi waitingforcic

I have not received letter yet but I will let you know if I receive it . what is your timeline would you mind to share ?

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ethan-xx said:
Hi waitingforcic

I have not received letter yet but I will let you know if I receive it . what is your timeline would you mind to share ?
My timeline is as follows:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 4, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 4, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 19, 2013.

Ethan-xx

Aug 10, 2013
Hi waitingforcic

I've got mail today from CIC they sent me a letter invite me to do a citizenship test in 25/09/2013 at 9:30 am

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
Ethan-xx said:
Hi waitingforcic

I've got mail today from CIC they sent me a letter invite me to do a citizenship test in 25/09/2013 at 9:30 am
Congratulations, Ethan-xx

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ethan-xx said:
Hi waitingforcic

OMG! From now on I'm chasing the mail guy around, lol.
You gave me hope, maybe in a few days I'll be writing here about my invitation to the test.
Good luck, you deserve it! ;D

solarfish

Sep 12, 2013
Ethan-xx said:
HI OKK

but now I can see my status online now ....
Hi Ethan-xx, congrats on getting the letter for your citizenship test. I have similar timeline, my Acknowledgement or receipt was dated 18th November 2012 and I am also unable to see anything online. Did you do anything that triggered your online status to appear? Is there some way of reversing the selection to hide the online status (not that I believe I ever did check or uncheck that box)?