+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

There is discrepancy between working history declared in CEC application and previous application for study permit and work permit in the past

Yang115

Jul 20, 2021
Due to in the past I did not have experience with Visa application and had to work with agent. When applied for study permit and work permit in 2017, in the form IMM1294, there were only 3 rows for section of working history and as in the past 10 year it would include my period of study at university. I was advised to declare this period as well, so my declaration for this like below:

1. Last company working: 2017-02 to 2017-06 (the actual date of terminal contract July 04 2017, but at that time I recorded Jun as I think should be counted as full month)
2. For the 1st to 3rd company: 2012-06 to 2016-10: As named all the 3 company is too long so I can only mentioned 2 company's name in the "name field" (the gap between this line and the line 1 for last company Nov-Jan 2017, I didn't include in here as there is no space and I think visa officer would understand it was unemployment)
3. Study: 2007-09 to 2012-03: study

But when I submit profile for EE CEC, there is more detail in the profile and when breakdown the period time for personal history, I found some discrepancy:
As in my CEC profile the actual day of stop working for period that I claim points in second row below table is 2016-August(1st picture). But as you can see, in previous application for study permit 2017 above, I declared all the working periods for the first 3 companies together and declared the stop working month is Oct 2016 while in the letter the company provide me now is August 2016. There are 2months different, though I only claim points for period 2014-Oct to 2016-Aug (2nd picture). I don't know if this is counted as misrepresentation for my past temporary visa applications (study permit, work permit) or not. Please know that, for EE CEC, my declaration is correct and corresponded with the letter of employment.

* For work experience that I claim point in CEC profile (base on work experience letter given)

*For personal history in CEC profile

Please help me with this, is anyone in the same situation as me and still got passed.
I already submit my application if this is treat misrepresentation, it would be a nightmare for me as it was just a mistake in the past and I didn't claim points for that, but wrong is wrong. I wonder if it happen could I search for help from immigrant lawyer. Thank you

sarshar

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-04-2021
Med's Done....
06-05-2021
Just make sure :

• There is no gap in your personal history and it matches your work experience
  • There are credible and valid proofs for the work experience you get point for

That's it

Yang115

Jul 20, 2021
Just make sure :

• There is no gap in your personal history and it matches your work experience
  • There are credible and valid proofs for the work experience you get point for

That's it
I know that. My CEC application match, the problem lies in my past applications for my study permit, as at that time stop working month was put in is Oct not Aug like in my current CEC profile.

sarshar

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-04-2021
Med's Done....
06-05-2021
I know that. My CEC application match, the problem lies in my past applications for my study permit, as at that time stop working month was put in is Oct not Aug like in my current CEC profile.
I understood, and all I said was make sure your EE application is accurate. Forget about the past.

Reactions: Hajimuktar

Yang115

Jul 20, 2021
I understood, and all I said was make sure your EE application is accurate. Forget about the past.
Thank you, hope the officer will not dig too much into past applications but I heard there some applications got refused because of previous work history declaration. That's why I got scared.

sarshar

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-04-2021
Med's Done....
06-05-2021
Thank you, hope the officer will not dig too much into past applications but I heard there some applications got refused because of previous work history declaration. That's why I got scared.
There are chances, but not every country uses the Gregorian calendar so the beginning and the end of their months are different from the calendar in Canada.
In example if I don't know or won't be asked for the exact day of the month I stopped working, I can choose either July or August ! this is not misrepresenting, this is due to different calendar system.
One month of discrepancy is negligible and I had the same issue but I got my PR likely because officers are dealing with applicants from all over the world with different calendars so they know these things, however, I usually explain in case the officer is pretty junior with zero experience.
You still have a chance to submit a webform to explain any errors or mistakes you or your agent had made in the past. this is the extreme safe approach if you're still anxious.

Yang115

Jul 20, 2021
There are chances, but not every country uses the Gregorian calendar so the beginning and the end of their months are different from the calendar in Canada.
In example if I don't know or won't be asked for the exact day of the month I stopped working, I can choose either July or August ! this is not misrepresenting, this is due to different calendar system.
One month of discrepancy is negligible and I had the same issue but I got my PR likely because officers are dealing with applicants from all over the world with different calendars so they know these things, however, I usually explain in case the officer is pretty junior with zero experience.
You still have a chance to submit a webform to explain any errors or mistakes you or your agent had made in the past. this is the extreme safe approach if you're still anxious.
Thank you so much, this was not likely the calendar different issue though. If the visa raise concern about this, I can explain to them my situation at that time hope they can understand. Thanks again

Last edited:

jatin215

Jan 14, 2024
Hi @Yang115

I am wondering what happened to your case?? Is your application got approved??? Also did IRCC ask you for any clarification about the information you submitted in your study and work permit application???

I am in a similar situation right now. In my pgwp application I have submitted end date of my previous work experience 09/2018-09/2021 but the correct date according to reference letter is 09/2018-08/2021 which is correct in my study permit application. I am not applying through non express entry after getting my PNP through masters graduate stream. So I am confused should I write explanation letter for this or should I just mention the right dates according to my reference letter and not attach the letter of explanation??

JVS192328

Jul 20, 2022
Hi,
Wh
Due to in the past I did not have experience with Visa application and had to work with agent. When applied for study permit and work permit in 2017, in the form IMM1294, there were only 3 rows for section of working history and as in the past 10 year it would include my period of study at university. I was advised to declare this period as well, so my declaration for this like below:

1. Last company working: 2017-02 to 2017-06 (the actual date of terminal contract July 04 2017, but at that time I recorded Jun as I think should be counted as full month)
2. For the 1st to 3rd company: 2012-06 to 2016-10: As named all the 3 company is too long so I can only mentioned 2 company's name in the "name field" (the gap between this line and the line 1 for last company Nov-Jan 2017, I didn't include in here as there is no space and I think visa officer would understand it was unemployment)
3. Study: 2007-09 to 2012-03: study

But when I submit profile for EE CEC, there is more detail in the profile and when breakdown the period time for personal history, I found some discrepancy:
As in my CEC profile the actual day of stop working for period that I claim points in second row below table is 2016-August(1st picture). But as you can see, in previous application for study permit 2017 above, I declared all the working periods for the first 3 companies together and declared the stop working month is Oct 2016 while in the letter the company provide me now is August 2016. There are 2months different, though I only claim points for period 2014-Oct to 2016-Aug (2nd picture). I don't know if this is counted as misrepresentation for my past temporary visa applications (study permit, work permit) or not. Please know that, for EE CEC, my declaration is correct and corresponded with the letter of employment.

* For work experience that I claim point in CEC profile (base on work experience letter given)

*For personal history in CEC profile

Please help me with this, is anyone in the same situation as me and still got passed.
I already submit my application if this is treat misrepresentation, it would be a nightmare for me as it was just a mistake in the past and I didn't claim points for that, but wrong is wrong. I wonder if it happen could I search for help from immigrant lawyer. Thank you
Hi,

What happened to your file, same is the case here now ...