+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The system has asked for PCC from Iraq, please advise

rafalh

Feb 16, 2020
I hope someone can provide me with an advice in my unusual set of circumstances. After receiving my ITA on 19th February 2020 and completing the application, the system has requested PCC from Iraq based on my entry to the Personal History.

- I worked in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq between July 2012 and April 2014, however none of my stays in country exceeded 90 days with most of them totaling 35 days. I had extensive breaks between my 'hitches' of 30+ days.
- I declared the 'employment' in my Personal History in the period mentioned above.
- I have never spent 6 or more consecutive months in Iraq and, based on the official government website advice, I expected not to be asked by the system to provide it at this stage. ("You do not have to provide a police certificate from Iraq unless we ask for one." - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/iraq.html)

It is practically impossible to secure a PCC from Iraq for a foreigner, not to mention that I have worked in the Kurdistan Region that has a separate migration and policing system (I have never had a visa for Iraq, only a residence permit in the Kurdistan Region). I doubt I will ever be able to obtain it and many people have had similar experience. However, it could be possible to secure the PCC from Kurdistan itself - which is not a country, but a semi-autonomous region.

What would you advise me to do? Should I remove this employment from my Personal History as it has not continued for 6 consecutive months and attach an LoE explaining the situation? Or should I attach an LoE instead of my PCC with explanation? Declining the ITA is not an option I would like to consider as it is highly unlikely I will ever secure the PCC from Iraq.

Also, would you be able to recommend migration consultants who have experience with similar cases?

Thank you for your invaluable help!

rafalh

Feb 16, 2020
You don't need to provide a PCC from Iraq unless asked by IRCC
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/iraq.html

Upload an LOE.
Do not remove anything from your personal history as you'd be lying by doing that
Thank you for your response! So I understand that the automatic request of the system based on the Personal History is not equivalent to IRCC asking for it. This would be very helpful.

In the LoE, can I simply refer to the official website citing that the PCC does not need to be provided unless asked for?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Yes you can

That being said, you should still research and look into how to get a PCC in the event you are asked for one later

Reactions: rafalh

Hossain21

Jul 29, 2020
Hi Rafalh, what happened with your application? Did IRCC accept the LOE or ask you to get a PCC from Iraq? I am in the same situation. I worked in the Kurdistan region.

rafalh

Feb 16, 2020
Hi Rafalh, what happened with your application? Did IRCC accept the LOE or ask you to get a PCC from Iraq? I am in the same situation. I worked in the Kurdistan region.
I have responded to your private message.

To summarise, it is possible to apply for the Iraqi PCC.

nurpupici

Apr 26, 2021
I have responded to your private message.

To summarise, it is possible to apply for the Iraqi PCC.
Hi Rafalh,
I have the same situation and I don't know how to apply for the Iraqi PCC.
Can you please share how you obtained PCC?
Thank you.