+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The study visa refused after six months!

Clari

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
It's nothing like that it's how you write the SOP well n how you explain the course which u planning to pursue

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
well, can't agree more on this point that they chose the best of the best. Have seen people going into third-class colleges to study third-class courses but they still get visas easily.
Consultancies help these students write a good SOP and with all the documents. They do get a VISA, but what about after that? Do not expect to land a good job if you do not study. That applies for any country in the world.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
My educational background is BBA in Finance and Professional Accounting. I got into a Post-baccalaureate diploma in Business Analytics. Visa officer wrote a reason like this:
"Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. refused under R216(1)(b)"

Is it purely because of the different study program than previous education!!

Now, I am going to get into a Master's degree at a university in Accounting and Finance and will apply for a visa again. If I do this, do I have a chance of success on the second attempt?
Thanks
Again you were refused because the visa officer doesn't believe that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.

Changing your course, crafting SOP stories only just further validate their conclusions that you're not going for studies, but some other purposes.

The visa officer isn't dumb. They won't just be like read your SOP then believe you. WHY should they believe you?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
No it's not all about money
Half baked knowledge is very dangerous, in fact I concluded that its all about money and a little bit of merit. My parents are both Canadian Citizens and I got approved in the first attempt. Applying through a lawyer is a different story, VO's will feel threatened in case the PA is prospective of launching a Judicial Review and it's a pain for visa offices to deal with court cases and they are obliged to approve. I'll be making a separate thread about this later.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

Uvr

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Yes, but by that logic everyone will get in. They only choose the best of the best.
Canada has one of the lowest student visa approval rate in all the English speaking countries. I think they are a little bit too choosy given that it's not that important country.

Last edited:

Uvr

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Yes, a Master's program has a higher chance of VISA approval than any college. But you will have to mention the reason for your refusal in your next VISA SOP.
What I don't understand is that there are very few universities in Canada and they have high cut off. Most students have to get into colleges and then VOs refuse because they are accepted by college instead of university. Why does the government not emphasis on increasing the number of universities.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
What I don't understand is that there are very few universities in Canada and they have high cut off. Most students have to get into colleges and then VOs refuse because they are accepted by college instead of university. Why does the government not emphasis on increasing the number of universities.
The Canadian government doesn’t work for
International students.. and the number of universities in a country is a function of how many students would be enrolled in those universities , it’s not a tap whose flow can be increased or decreased at will

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It makes sense to only accept those with stronger grades so they succeed at university.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Canada has one of the lowest student visa approval rate in all the English speaking countries. I think they are a little bit too choosy given that it's not that important country.
and do you have data to prove that? secondly, how do you define "important country?"

Uvr

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
and do you have data to prove that? secondly, how do you define "important country?"
Yes, I do have data to prove it. According to the official immigration website of UK, their student visa approval rate is above 95% since 2014. Also, Australia shares it's data and that also shows a very high approval rate. I am saying this only because I got approved for F1 visa recently but with the same qualifications I was refused a Canadian student visa twice.

Uvr

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
The Canadian government doesn’t work for
International students.. and the number of universities in a country is a function of how many students would be enrolled in those universities , it’s not a tap whose flow can be increased or decreased at will
I understand that the government Doesn't work for international students. But if you have less universities and more number of colleges, it is natural that most students who are applying for student visa will be enrolled in colleges. So why refuse on the basis of that.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes, I do have data to prove it. According to the official immigration website of UK, their student visa approval rate is above 95% since 2014. Also, Australia shares it's data and that also shows a very high approval rate. I am saying this only because I got approved for F1 visa recently but with the same qualifications I was refused a Canadian student visa twice.
do you have a link that lists all "English speaking Countries" and Approval Rate to prove your claim? what you just wrote is narration not factual.

Uvr

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
do you have a link that lists all "English speaking Countries" and Approval Rate to prove your claim? what you just wrote is narration not factual.
As I told you, they are posted on official immigration website. You can check if you want to. I don't have to prove anything to you.