+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The study visa refused after six months!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
As I told you, they are posted on official immigration website. You can check if you want to. I don't have to prove anything to you.
I didnt ask you to prove anything to me but to back up your claim which is not true, imo. It's irony that you explode after your rejection. You couldn't define what "important country" means and you include "all English speaking countries", I guess even third world countries fall in. My point is your statement is too wide and vague. You could at least narrow down your hypothesis to make sense. All the best with your studies in US....

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
I understand that the government Doesn't work for international students. But if you have less universities and more number of colleges, it is natural that most students who are applying for student visa will be enrolled in colleges. So why refuse on the basis of that.
It’s not a university-college dichotomy per se. For instance, those who want to do a degree will apply to a university and those who would prefer a diploma or certificate are more likely to apply to colleges.
Now universities have higher entry standards than colleges on average , and that is prima facie evidence of the applicant’s academic ability , and that is more likely the case with bonafide students
And again, if Canada has a smaller number of universities in *absolute* terms, per capita it’s still almost on par with the U.K. and the US ( which I suppose you’re using as a comparison metric ) if a student wants to apply to a university , nobody is stopping them
But the issue is that students only apply to colleges because they’re easy to get in , and this also answers your question about higher rejection rates. Because a lot of these students are ‘bogus students’ . I would like you to take a look at what happened in the U.K. before 2010, it was pretty much the same
The U.K. and the US have lower rejection rates than Canada because most international students going to those two countries attend universities , which in Canada they attend colleges which primarily cater to international students and are used by students as a platform to enter Canada and obtain permanent residence ( therefore studying not being the primary purpose , and therefore being refused on those grounds )
Hope that answers

vivek_p

Dec 8, 2021
My educational background is BBA in Finance and Professional Accounting. I got into a Post-baccalaureate diploma in Business Analytics. Visa officer wrote a reason like this:
"Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. refused under R216(1)(b)"

Is it purely because of the different study program than previous education!!

Now, I am going to get into a Master's degree at a university in Accounting and Finance and will apply for a visa again. If I do this, do I have a chance of success on the second attempt?
Thanks
Hi,
I got the same refusal reason

My profile;

I have completed my graduation in mechanical with a 7.23 CGPA. now, I am pursuing a post-graduate diploma course ( Practical element of mechanical engineering), which is completely relevant to my previous education.

10th; 84%
12th; 48%
IELTS score; L:7 R:6.5 W:6 S:6 O:6.5

Despite having a relevant course and a good profile, I got rejection.

Any help would be appreciated !!!!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi,

My profile;

I have completed my graduation in mechanical with a 7.23 CGPA. now, I am pursuing a post-graduate diploma course ( Practical element of mechanical engineering), which is completely relevant to my previous education.

10th; 84%
12th; 48%

Master's

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi,

My profile;

10th; 84%
12th; 48%

In the VO's mind, why would someone go all the way to Canada just for post grad diploma. As @tapperb said, try Masters.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

My profile;

10th; 84%
12th; 48%

Is this at Fanshawe? If so the program doesn’t make sense because it is really not a post grad program. You can take the program after 1st year Engineering in Canada.