+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The reasonable agency fee

AshleyL

Dec 21, 2008
aimshumanresourses.com
pathfinderconsulting.ca
immigration-r-us.com

Those agencies are found in this forum but I don't have any idea of the contact process.
Do I need to send a resume to them first?
If they can connect me to the employer and help me being offered LMO and work permit,
how much will it cost?
Actually some agencies in my country suggested me too expensive fee, over USD 3,000.
I think that it doesn't make sense, though.
What about the agencies you recommended?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Depends on your home country China Agency fees are around 10,000 Dollars ,Philippines can hit 3,000 -5,000 dollars ,India has hit 15,000-20,000 dollars,For those countries 3,000 is very cheap

EmilyMarie

Dec 31, 2008
MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO
You are kidding me!!!!
10,000-15,000$ as if.. no way, is this really true, I am so shocked. I place people from India and Nepal all the time.. Do u mean that while the agencys in india are robbing these people and giving the agency in Canada who does the actual finding of the employment and all the LMO and contact paperwork one tenth of that amount? Im disgusted I will never ever deal with an international agency unless I know for sure the people are not being victimized.. *shaking head*

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Nope,That is the going rate for those countries,I regularly deal with individuals and agencies for those countries,The one making the killing is not the Canadian Agency,But the overseas agency and To add insult to injury,In case the persons visa is rejected after application there is NO REFUND,I was talking to an owner of A Vancouver based Chinese Employment agency and She told me the going rate for Chinese Nannies is 8,000 US Dollars from the Nanny and 1,500-2,000 US from the employer.I asked her what happens If the Chinese Nanny Complains,She Shrugged and said Punish Nanny s Family,Just throw the Mother into jail or something like that.To quote the Chinese Saying you kill the Rooster to Make the Monkey behave.Meaning hurt a couple of Nannies Family and the rest dare not complain.

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCguy said:
Depends on your home country China Agency fees are around 10,000 Dollars ,Philippines can hit 3,000 -5,000 dollars ,India has hit 15,000-20,000 dollars,For those countries 3,000 is very cheap
Hi BCguy,

You r absolutely right!!! I m also from India and presently I m thinking abt. to proceed for PNP visa. So I have contacted one Local Agency that charges 17500 CND for obtaining Employment offer and LMO for us. So I also think that the actual work to find suitable job and getting LMO is done by some Canadian Agency. But can u suggest me that how can get the address of that canadian Agency who provides this type of services so that I can get a cheaper service than these Indian robbers agency.

Also I would like tell here that I m an Diploma Electronics & Comm. Engineer having 2.6 years of experience.So can u suggest that where can I find suitable jobs?

I will be very thankful for yr any advice or suggestions.

yenoh07

Jan 29, 2009
anybody there with an idea when will my work permit expire?

hi there, i am a live in caregiver, i finished my 2 yrs contract with my employer, just few days ago, but my work permit will be up till april 2010, my boss hired a new nanny and she's just waithing for her visa, from hk...and then i'll leave...is there anybody there who has an idea when will be my work permit valid? is it until the new one arrives in canada and receive her work permit from the airport, or from the time she got her visa in hk, or from the time she receive her lmo? pls advise me...i don't wanna be in trouble...thank u...

yenoh07

Jan 29, 2009
Re: anybody there with an idea when will my work permit expires?

yenoh07 said:
hi there, i am a live in caregiver, i finished my 2 yrs contract with my employer, just few days ago, but my work permit will be up till april 2010, my boss hired a new nanny and she's just waithing for her visa, from hk...and then i'll leave...is there anybody there who has an idea when will be my work permit valid? is it until the new one arrives in canada and receive her work permit from the airport, or from the time she got her visa in hk, or from the time she receive her lmo? pls advise me...i don't wanna be in trouble...thank u...

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
I am in US and my immigration consulting company(based in Ontario) charged me $3200, but I won't suggest that company to anyone ... If given a chance, Now I think I should have done all myself only ...