+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The reality of getting a job through LMIA?

prshanthk

Apr 13, 2017
I am having similar difficulties. In Boston , United States currently working as a Performance Test Lead with 12 years experience - which is in very high Demand skill here in US and not too common skill .However having a tremendous difficulty finding an employer in Toronto willing to hire foreign worker through LMIA. I had tried to explain the process of LMIA also but it seems like there were pretty naive or unsure/unaware about the whole LMIA process and not interested.

Given the recent VISA restrictions etc in USA I am not seeing long term prospect with lots of uncertainties looming large over 10 to 12 year treacherous wait for the Green Card.(Yes I am from India).So wanted to try Express Entry.My profile is already in express entry. My age being 37 and hence my points are bit low. ILETS Score (Band 8 out of 9) and CRS score only 328.

Can anyone suggest employers or recruitment agencies who can help foreign nationals like me to find LMIA approved jobs/or how to find Employers looking to hire foreign candidates.

PS:
Just if it might help anyone , if you are "already in Canada" - triec.ca offers similar services - when I call them they say I need to be in Canada first to avail their services.!!I tell them in order to be in Canada you need to help me in first place to get a job to get to Canada.Chicken and Egg Story!

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
Thanks everyone for all the information. I am also on same boat as others, working in US on L1B with 13 years of exp. Haven't even created my profile yet going for IELTS in couple of weeks, but after doing evaluation on Canada Visa my pts are coming at around 350 with IELTS bands of 7.5.

After going through the whole thread, Doesn't seems like any employer is ever going to pick my profile and go through all LMIA hassle.

But I am not quitting without giving a try.

stellcy

Oct 17, 2017
Thanks to everyone that has contributed in one way or the other, giving various information here. This is my story: I am 27 years , a female , never married and a Nigerian ( in west African). I have a bachelor's degree in Electrical /Electronics Engineering ( Graduated 2009, meaning 8 years post graduate experience) and a masters degree in business administration (MBA ). Presently working as a power protection , control and metering Engineer in a power industry owned by the government of Nigeria. I have over four years work experience in power system Engineering. Presently trying to secure a PHD admission in Canada. Please I need a guide on my chances of securing a job in canada as a foreigner ( meaning getting a job in canada while still in Nigeria), as I am about to write my English test (IELTS). Just concluded my Academic credential Evaluation used for Expresss entry.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks to everyone that has contributed in one way or the other, giving various information here. This is my story: I am 27 years , a female , never married and a Nigerian ( in west African). I have a bachelor's degree in Electrical /Electronics Engineering ( Graduated 2009, meaning 8 years post graduate experience) and a masters degree in business administration (MBA ). Presently working as a power protection , control and metering Engineer in a power industry owned by the government of Nigeria. I have over four years work experience in power system Engineering. Presently trying to secure a PHD admission in Canada. Please I need a guide on my chances of securing a job in canada as a foreigner ( meaning getting a job in canada while still in Nigeria), as I am about to write my English test (IELTS). Just concluded my Academic credential Evaluation used for Expresss entry.
Just a super duper extremely small chance. You should just forget about it.

The reason is: you need LIMA to get a closed work permit if you are from outside. To get LIMA, It required employers to go through a stressful process which might not even result in positive LIMA. Because they need to prove that they have already tried their best to look for candidates in Canada without any succeeds. Unless you are Amazon architect, I don't see how your skills are unique and unable to find in Canada labor market.

That being said, I don't know about you, maybe your skills are unique and somebody might need those skills from you.

stellcy

Oct 17, 2017
Just a super duper extremely small chance. You should just forget about it.

The reason is: you need LIMA to get a closed work permit if you are from outside. To get LIMA, It required employers to go through a stressful process which might not even result in positive LIMA. Because they need to prove that they have already tried their best to look for candidates in Canada without any succeeds. Unless you are Amazon architect, I don't see how your skills are unique and unable to find in Canada labor market.

That being said, I don't know about you, maybe your skills are unique and somebody might need those skills from you.
thanks dear

spremkr2001

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any case where people got ITA through PNP with CRS score below 350 (excluding 600 point for PNP)? please share your action and experience. Thanks

Apr 11, 2018
Hlo sir i'm Charanjit from India i want to go Canada for pr but my crs score not enough for Express Entry. I have done MSc In fashion technology I have 3 years experience as a designer. I got over all 6 band in Ielts Exm and 5 in each listeng 6.5 writting 5.5 Reading 5 and speaking 6.5. I want to know that how much score requried for giving LMIA. So please guide me what i do please reply me