+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

the process of applying for part time study permit

lynnn

Feb 23, 2020
I am holding the PGWP and planning to get one post-graduated diploma. I got offer already and working on applying the part time study permit. Anyone has the same experience can advice me what is process of applying for part- time study permit? Which form should I use for applying? ( Imm5709E? ) I do not want to lose my validate working permit because I get one full time study permit. I would appreciate any answers. Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am holding the PGWP and planning to get one post-graduated diploma. I got offer already and working on applying the part time study permit. Anyone has the same experience can advice me what is process of applying for part- time study permit? Which form should I use for applying? ( Imm5709E? ) I do not want to lose my validate working permit because I get one full time study permit. I would appreciate any answers. Thanks.
It doesn't matter if you plan to study part-time. You would still need to apply to change your status from worker to student.

lynnn

Feb 23, 2020
It doesn't matter if you plan to study part-time. You would still need to apply to change your status from worker to student.
Thank you for your response. Can I still keep my full time work if I changed from worker to student as you mentioned?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your response. Can I still keep my full time work if I changed from worker to student as you mentioned?
No. You would have to comply with the restrictions of your study permit.