+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The online services portal (GCKey) shows biometrics not required, but we still received BIL

autoscriptor

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Hello, wonderful people,

My wife was in Canada a few months ago, and we applied to extend her stay. She did biometrics as part of the extension application. She left Canada, and then we applied for Family Class Sponsorship (Outland). We received AOR and BIL. When I linked the application on the online services portal (GCKey), I found that the biometrics she did before appeared on her PR application. In the Application Information box, it shows:
  • Biometrics Number: 0008XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Also, under the "Details about your application status" section, it says:
  • Biometrics
    We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Do we still need to honor the BIL and do the biometrics?

Thank you.

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
GCKey can take a few days to update correctly. For PR application, you always need to provide biometrics even if you provided them before for another application, they are always requesting a new set. So honour the BIL and give biometrics.

In general, the PR tracker is more accurate than GCKey for your PR application.

Reactions: armoured

autoscriptor

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Thanks, Tarikla.

I checked the PR Tracker, and it's safe to say that IRCC systems need an overhaul service. The PR Tracker and the Online Service account show different information. Here are the differences:

ItemOnline ServicesPR Tracker
BiometricsDoneRequired
Sponsor EligibilityEligible (Letter Received)Not Started
Background CheckNot ApplicableIn Progress

The one thing that doesn't make sense -if I need to trust the PR Tracker more than the Online Services account- is that I have received an official letter about my eligibility, and that doesn't show in the PR tracker.

Edmegbc

Star Member
Oct 11, 2023
I haven't bee able to link my app on the tracker, only GC key. Keeps throwing up error that use of rep form doesn't match info - but I ticked box for N/A for rep and didnt use one!