+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The more documents the better?

riko12

May 6, 2013
Hello there!

So I (or shall I say we on behalf of my common-law lol) are in the process of filing the documents together according to the document check-list for inland common law application.

Now I understand it is different depending on your background, etc but I feel like we have way less documents compared to some of the fellow applications out there. I have all the documents required according to the checklist and it is only 50+pages in total (with proof and what not). SHOULD WE BE WORRIED THAT THEY WILL BE ASKING FOR MORE PROOF/DOCUMENTS?!

It may be stupid to be posting this out here as there are more serious situations than mine out there, but the last thing I would want to happen is to have the processing delayed since I am on my PWGP and the time is semi-ticking (going to apply for OWP together). I was wondering if most of the people who applied in-land common law had A LOT MORE documents/pages than we do? As long as all the checklist is covered, it should be a-okay... just like any other applications (such as PWGP) right?

Any response is greatly appreciated! I just keep reading/hearing horror stories about rejections and delays, and I am just SUPER WORRIED. :-( But I guess it is a thought process that everyone goes through..

Bright_skies

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
21-06-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Here is an interesting thread in the topic, though it does get a little off topic at times... http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-big-is-yours-t140448.150.html

It depends completely on your case, there is no direct answer to your question. It will even depend on the VO you get! With commonlaw you are burdened with the proof of the existence of your relationship in a way marriages are not, plus the validity of it, and it's existence over the minimum one year's cohabitation. Do that in as few pages as possible, get in and get out right?

Inland is also a bit different than outland. An experienced lawyer told me that the difference of even the officers is huge, and they are much more "understanding" inland. Plus, no matter how complicated your case is, the next one is more so, so the context they are viewing you in is different. Audit your case to see if it has any elements that usually make them scrutinize more closely (like age difference, education difference, previous experience with cic), and account for those. That's important.

Good luck!

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Go for quality than quantity. Try to gather proof on different materials, covering physical, economical, emotional interdependency, and different times, beginning to the present. You don't need tons of pictures from the same event, you don't need chat messages of the whole duration. I have about 70+ pages including forms and duplicated copies. If you have good quality of various evidence, I would not worry about.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope. Only sent less than 40 pages including photos and everything and still had no problem. Just include the important ones to prove relationship is genuine.