+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Live-in Caregiver Program Education Requirements

Nov 10, 2010
I currently live abroad. When I return to Canada, I want to bring my domestic helper with me through the Live-In Caregiver program. She is from Sri Lanka and finished her Ordinary Level Exam. Do you think this is enough to qualify her for the grade 12 requirement? Or do I need to help her get her GED?

Thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If your caregiver can show proof of 12 years continuous education then s/he has the necessary educational qualification of having completed the equivalent Canadian Secondary education.

prone_to_wander said:
I currently live abroad. When I return to Canada, I want to bring my domestic helper with me through the Live-In Caregiver program. She is from Sri Lanka and finished her Ordinary Level Exam. Do you think this is enough to qualify her for the grade 12 requirement? Or do I need to help her get her GED?

Thank you

Rrhhiizz

Feb 24, 2014
The Live-in Caregiver Program

Hello, I'm here now in Abu Dhabi, Planning to submit all the documents by next month under LCP..I have copmleted already all the requirements..Can anybody tell me please how the interview goes..What are the questions, and does anyone fails?
I need tips please..Thank you..Your reply will be much appreciated..God Bless Everyone..

Rrhhiizz

Feb 24, 2014
I don't have experience in caregiver..But did study Caregiver course in the Philippines..Is it advantage that your employer is a family? I mean my main employer is my brother-in-law.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rrhhiizz said:
I don't have experience in caregiver..But did study Caregiver course in the Philippines..Is it advantage that your employer is a family? I mean my main employer is my brother-in-law.
How long was the course? Your family as an empolyer complicates everything. Especailly because you do not have work experience as a caregiver.