+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The July 2013 Outland Applicant Chill Spot.

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
submitted with the Application
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
TenzinD said:
Fingers crossed for all of us and hope you get that PPR soon. BTW I am the sponsor :)
Hello TenzinD! You've been added to the July spreadsheet and you are very welcome here in the thread. :) :) :)

The link is on my signature below. COngrats on your PPR! :p

mrs.alvaro ;)

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey Guys,

A Good news... My status changed to "Medical Results have been received".. I guess it is one step closer in the application process. A very good news to start my Monday.

Hope everyone hears the good news soon

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
Yehey! That's great news. We are indeed lucky to have that update on our ECAS. At least we know that they already received our medicals. I've read that some forum members that have submitted ahead of us still don't have that kind of update.

Anyway, I added that info on the spreadsheet. ^__^v
I hope our PPRs are next. :) :) ;D

shan30 said:
Hey Guys,

A Good news... My status changed to "Medical Results have been received".. I guess it is one step closer in the application process. A very good news to start my Monday.

Hope everyone hears the good news soon

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Yeah.. especially I was a bit worried since my wife's name was mentioned on the file as her "birth name" but I applied under the married name.

So I sent multiple letters/emails to CPC-M and then to Colombo VO. Finally the name also got changed to reflect the after-marriage name along with the medical results status.

So I am relieved. :)

mrsalvaro said:
Yehey! That's great news. We are indeed lucky to have that update on our ECAS. At least we know that they already received our medicals. I've read that some forum members that have submitted ahead of us still don't have that kind of update.

Anyway, I added that info on the spreadsheet. ^__^v
I hope our PPRs are next. :) :) ;D

can/alb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome/Ottawa/Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Request
April 27, 2016
Med's Done....
27-08-2013/May 2016
Interview........
22-11-2013/denied/won appeal March 2016
Passport Req..
August 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked for September 10, 2016
My ecas changed to medical results received today too!! And he just did the medical August 27!! And I finally got my SA letter in the mail today too. Good thing I called them and they told me I was approved and ecas said decision made so I wasn't too worried.

Good to see things moving along for everyone. We are submitting our visitor visa application in a few days also. Ill keep you posted. Fingers crossed xx

JuRy

Jun 29, 2012
Cagayan de oro City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30,2013
AOR Received.
August 14,2013
File Transfer...
SA Received: August 27, 2013
Med's Done....
June 17, 2013
Passport Req..
April 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
In-process: May 1,2014. Decision Made: May 9,2014. Visa on hand: May 12,2014
LANDED..........
May 29,2014
can/alb said:
My ecas changed to medical results received today too!! And he just did the medical August 27!! And I finally got my SA letter in the mail today too. Good thing I called them and they told me I was approved and ecas said decision made so I wasn't too worried.

Good to see things moving along for everyone. We are submitting our visitor visa application in a few days also. Ill keep you posted. Fingers crossed xx

We will try to apply for the visitors visa too while waiting for the PR.. We will submit our application when he will get his taxes in a week or two..good luck to all of us

can/alb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome/Ottawa/Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Request
April 27, 2016
Med's Done....
27-08-2013/May 2016
Interview........
22-11-2013/denied/won appeal March 2016
Passport Req..
August 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked for September 10, 2016
JuRy said:
We will try to apply for the visitors visa too while waiting for the PR.. We will submit our application when he will get his taxes in a week or two..good luck to all of us
That's all I'm waiting for. Well my option C which I didn't submit before. But I did submit my notice of assessment so I'm guessing that was good enough. But I thought I should send it in to be safe.

Good luck to you with the visit visa :)

JuRy

Jun 29, 2012
Cagayan de oro City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30,2013
AOR Received.
August 14,2013
File Transfer...
SA Received: August 27, 2013
Med's Done....
June 17, 2013
Passport Req..
April 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
In-process: May 1,2014. Decision Made: May 9,2014. Visa on hand: May 12,2014
LANDED..........
May 29,2014
can/alb said:
That's all I'm waiting for. Well my option C which I didn't submit before. But I did submit my notice of assessment so I'm guessing that was good enough. But I thought I should send it in to be safe.

Good luck to you with the visit visa :)
Thank you! Goodluck to you too...

Oi

Jan 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/07/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
02/11/2013 + Renewed after 1 year by CIC
Interview........
06/08/2014
Oh, I didn't realize that "Medical Results Received" was considered another step on the timeline chart... I don't remember the exact date that was updated for us on ECAS, but I know it was at least two weeks ago, if that helps.

star001

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
12-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey all

I got my PP request on 12th september, i havnt sent my passport yet, will be sending in next few days.

How long will it take from here ? :)

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
Oi said:
Oh, I didn't realize that "Medical Results Received" was considered another step on the timeline chart... I don't remember the exact date that was updated for us on ECAS, but I know it was at least two weeks ago, if that helps.
Yes, it was a great idea from Desi-girl. I did a little back reading from another forums and thread about the "medicals received" update.
Some says that when you have it on your ECAS. it's a possibilty that they might have finished the assessment of your medicals and had proceeded to the security background checks which takes a longer period to finish. That the assigned VO has already matched the proof of medicals to the complete medical results from the accredited clinic. Or they just simply mean that they received the proof of medicals already.

However, I believe that not having "medicals received" in one's ECAS doesn't mean that the VO hasn't received the medicals yet especially for those who submitted earlier than us. It's also possible that the immigration officer wasn't able to update or enter the info on the system. The best way to know if the VO already received the medicals is by calling the designated/ accredited clinic where the principal had his medicals and ask them if the medical results has been forwarded already.

It's a little confusing though because there aren't any exact date as to when they actually received it right?

Anyway, if you will look at this link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_fam&lang=en&app=ecas,
which is on the PR status it's in the row where decision made is . I hope that's a positive news for all of us who have it. :)
:p :p

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
UPDATES ON PAFSO STRIKE

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/Government+files+notice+appeal+labour+board+faith+bargaining+ruling/8910888/story.html

September 14, 2013

Government files notice to appeal labour board’s bad-faith bargaining ruling
Board says government set ‘unreasonable conditions’ in foreign service officers case, but does not order dispute to binding arbitration By Don Butler, OTTAWA CITIZEN

The federal government has filed a notice to appeal a Public Service Labour Relations Board ruling that the government acted in bad faith when it set “unreasonable conditions” before agreeing to binding arbitration with striking foreign service officers.

“We are disappointed with the Public Service Labour Relations Board’s (PSLRB) decision,” Alexis Pavlich, press secretary to Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander wrote in an email statement Saturday.

“We are currently reviewing the decision and will determine our next steps accordingly. We have filed a notice of appeal, to preserve all available options.

“As we have repeatedly stated, the Government is committed to finding a fair and reasonable settlement for both employees and Canadian taxpayers. That commitment remains unchanged,” the email states.

In a 25-page decision released Friday, PSLRB member Margaret Shannon found the arbitration conditions demanded by Treasury Board President Tony Clement effectively required the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) to “abandon the position it’s held throughout the negotiations.” That, she said, would render the process moot.

But Shannon declined PAFSO’s request to order the government to participate in binding arbitration. “I do not believe that it is conducive to good labour relations to order parties to participate in final and binding determination when such arbitration is voluntary in the first place,” she said.

Instead, she encouraged both parties to “be guided by my comments in this decision” and renew their efforts to find mutually agreeable conditions to settle the matter through binding arbitration.

In a statement, PAFSO urged Treasury Board to “alter course and return to the negotiating table to settle this dispute.

“Canadians expect the federal government to bargain respectfully and in good faith with its own employees,” said PAFSO president Tim Edwards. “Today’s decision shows it is time for the prime minister and the government to do the responsible thing and reach a negotiated settlement which would put an end to this damaging strike.”

As of 6 p.m. Friday, Treasury Board had not responded to the decision.

The 1,388 foreign service officers — who work for Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada, Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the Canada Border Services Agency — have been without a contract since June 2011.

This past June, they began strike action at 15 of Canada’s biggest visa processing centres around the world, creating massive backlogs in the issuance of visas to tourists, foreign students and temporary foreign workers.

Edwards said the strike is now one of the longest in public service history, and the economic costs it has caused are approaching $1 billion.

These “severe and mounting impacts” could have been avoided, he said, had the government engaged in free and fair bargaining from the start.

In recent weeks, Treasury Board has settled with two other public service unions by offering them wage hikes that equal or exceed those requested by PAFSO, Edwards noted.

Those settlements are “proof positive that the government is more than capable of addressing long-standing wage gaps of up to $14,000 between diplomats and other government professionals,” he said.

“We think Canada has suffered more than enough already,” he said. “The time has come for the government to change tack.”

PAFSO proposed sending the dispute to binding arbitration in July. But in response to the union overture, Clement set several preconditions, including that the arbitration board could not compare wages earned by foreign service officers and others doing similar jobs within government.

At the PSLRB hearing into the union’s complaint on Aug. 21, PAFSO argued that Clement’s conditions amounted to bad faith bargaining because they would effectively predetermine the outcome of the key issue in the dispute in the government’s favour.

The government responded that the union’s complaint was “wildly inconsistent” with the Public Service Labour Relations Act. The alternative dispute resolution process outlined in the act is “completely consensual,” it argued, and parties are entitled to set whatever conditions they wish for participating.

In her decision, Shannon said she first had to determine whether the section of the act that deals with binding arbitration was part of the collective bargaining process.

The government argued that it was independent from that process, but Shannon found that it was “one of many tools available to the parties to resolve issues or conflicts which arise along the continuum between notice to bargain collectively and signing of a new collective agreement.”

Though the government was not obliged to agree to participate in binding arbitration, Shannon said, “once it entered into negotiations of the conditions under which the determination would occur, it was under the obligation to bargain those conditions in good faith and to make every reasonable effort to conclude a collective agreement.”

By putting forward conditions which it knew or ought to have known could not be accepted by PAFSO, the government “has shut down (the union) and made it unlikely, if not impossible, for the parties to break the impasse between them,” Shannon said.

By proposing these “unreasonable conditions,” she said, the government “seeks capitulation by the bargaining agent” before agreeing to enter into binding arbitration. That is “contrary to the preamble and the intent” of the labour relations act, Shannon said.

dbutler@ottawacitizen.com

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
UPDATES ON PAFSO STRIKE

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/striking-diplomats-win-labour-board-ruling-1.1828925

Striking diplomats win labour board ruling
Labour board rules the federal government is not bargaining in good faith
By Susana Mas, CBC News Posted: Sep 13, 2013 2:56 PM ET| Last Updated: Sep 13, 2013 5:15 PM ET

The federal government has been bargaining in bad faith in its negotiations with striking diplomats, the Public Service Labour Relations Board ruled on Friday.

The government "violated its duty to bargain collectively in good faith and make every reasonable effort to enter into a collective agreement," concluded the board in its 27-page decision.

Although the board does not recommend any remedial action on the part of the federal government, it does "encourage" all sides to "renew their attempts at arriving at a mutually agreeable process under which final and binding determination … can be used to break their impasse, in the event that their inability to resolve their differences at the bargaining table continues."

■Ken Taylor says Ottawa 'mischievous' in diplomats strike
■Striking diplomats confident they have 'slam dunk' case
Frédéric Fournier, media co-ordinator for the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers, told CBC News in an email that "as soon as the secretary of the Treasury Board agrees to binding arbitration with no conditions, work actions would stop immediately as a sign of good faith."

The labour board began hearing the complaint filed by PAFSO, the union representing Canada's foreign service, on Aug. 21 after the federal government sought to attach six preconditions to the union's offer in July to go to binding arbitration.

At the time, the union said the conditions Treasury Board President Tony Clement wanted to impose at the arbitration table were deemed unreasonable and "paralyzing."

Fournier told CBC News PAFSO is still waiting for Treasury Board to come back to the negotiating table with a revised offer.

Contract dispute drags on
NDP Foreign Affairs critic Paul Dewar said, in a statement to CBC News, the Opposition New Democrats agreed with the labour board ruling and called on Clement to "get back to the negotiation table and resolve this dispute through good faith bargaining."

"The Conservative government’s bad faith handling of the labour dispute with Canada’s diplomats is hurting the country’s economy and our image abroad. It has hurt our communities and undermined the important work of our diplomats," Dewar said.

Clement's office had yet to issue a statement by the end of Friday.

The Treasury Board has, in recent weeks, reached settlements with two other public service unions by offering them wage hikes which equal or exceed those requested by the union representing Canada's foreign service.

PAFSO president Tim Edwards, in a written statement on Friday, said the settlements "are proof positive that the government is more than capable of addressing long-standing wage gaps of up to $14,000 between diplomats and other government professionals."

Salary is at the heart of the dispute. Foreign service officers say they don't get equal pay for equal work when compared with government employees who do similar work.

Foreign service officers refused to process visa applications at 15 of Canada's busiest foreign offices for the better part of the summer. They vowed to continue until the government accepts binding arbitration.

In July, Clement and Edwards engaged in a heated exchange on Twitter over the strike by the diplomats.

Following the Twitter spat, Clement told The Canadian Press that striking diplomats should get back to work because he was not about to fold "like a $3 suitcase."

Earlier Friday, Edwards tweeted that foreign service workers would be protesting outside the prime minister's office for an hour on Friday "to remind @PMHarper and @TonyclementCPC of unfinished business."

The labour board hearing the complaint is an independent quasi-judicial tribunal that deals with grievances. It can also act as a mediator in resolving disputes related to collective bargaining.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
Hey Everybody!!!

I finally got the PPR yesterday (Sept 16th)... :p Yay!!!! It's late but at least it's here. I was beginning to worry that they had lost the application package. It is such a relief that at least they have acknowledged that they have received the PR application by asking for the passport. And now, my real wait begins.

Everyone, Thank You for all the support. I was starting to become a bundle of nerves and all your help really let me pull through... That's what makes this forum awesome!

Congrats to star001 too for getting you PPR too. :D

I hope that all of you get your PPRs and subsequently your PRs soon too.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
Good luck with your visitor visa applications JuRy and can/alb. Hope you get positive news