+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The July 2013 Outland Applicant Chill Spot.

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hi my July friends,

How are you? I hope you are alright and the strike is mot wearing on you :(

I am actually here to ask if I can join you again, because I am late with approximately a months, but we got the SA and my file has been transferred to Vienna today. It was pretty quick, if you'd know what am I through for the last month :) :)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
Hungary said:
Hi my July friends,

I am actually here to ask if I can join you again, because I am late with approximately a months, but we got the SA and my file has been transferred to Vienna today. It was pretty quick, if you'd know what am I through for the last month :) :)
Yay :p !!! Congrats! :p :p :p You finally got the much awaited SA. ;D ;D ;D
I am glad that you got it all sorted out.

We are good here on the forum but upset with the progress, or should I say standstill, on the strike. Neither PAFSO nor the government want to back down or give in and have created an impasse :mad: .

Still we have had a few PPRs and a few updates on ECAS. :D

Hope you don't have to wait too long to be with your husband. Good Luck! :)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/touch/story.html?id=8927809

Foreign service officers would suspend strike if bargaining resumes
SEPTEMBER 18, 2013

Foreign service officers are willing to temporarily suspend their targeted strike if the federal government returns to the bargaining table to negotiate a new collective agreement.

Tim Edwards, president of the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers made the offer in an interview with the Citizen Wednesday during a noon-hour picket by about 250 PAFSO members outside the Sussex Drive headquarters of the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).

PAFSO staged a mass walkout of its 700 members in the National Capital Region to protest the federal government’s decision to seek judicial review of a ruling last week that it had acted in bad faith in the ongoing contract dispute.

The Public Service Labour Relations Board found that Treasury Board President Tony Clement imposed “unreasonable” conditions before he would agree to binding arbitration, as the union had proposed.

Edwards said Wednesday’s walkout signalled PAFSO’s “extreme disappointment” at the government’s decision to challenge the PSLRB finding of bad faith, which he called “a very worrying precedent that should concern all Canadians.

“We see this as an unnecessary prolongation of our strike, a very damaging strike that has had serious impacts on the Canadian economy,” Edwards said. It’s now time for the government to “change course” and return to the negotiating table, he said.

The 1,388 foreign service officers — who work for DFATD, Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the Canada Border Services Agency — have been without a contract since June 2011.

The main issue is PAFSO’s demand for wage parity between foreign service officers and other government professionals doing essentially the same work. During Wednesday’s protest, picketing foreign service officers, many nattily dressed in suits, toted signs reading, “same work, same pay.”

PAFSO’s strike began six months ago and escalated after bargaining broke down in early June. Since then, foreign services officers at 15 of Canada’s largest visa processing centres around the world have withdrawn their services, causing long delays in issuing visas.

Edwards said PAFSO has now started to “ramp up” job action to disrupt Canada’s foreign affairs and trade efforts, as well. “We believe that’s having a very serious impact on the delivery of Canada’s international political and trade priorities,” he said, adding: “This posture will continue for the foreseeable future.”

PAFSO’s service withdrawals have targeted the government’s political priorities in foreign affairs, trade and immigration, Edwards said, because Treasury Board’s refusal to revise its offer during the June negotiations was a “political-level decision.”

While Edwards said there are no plans to resume negotiations at this point, “we are certainly open to any offer to come back to the table and engage meaningfully and in good faith.

“Let’s settle this,” he said. “It’s time for the government to realize that we are unbowed, our determination is strong. We’re going to take this to the end. The best way out of this for Canada and Canadians is to come back to the table.”

Edwards said PAFSO is willing to return to the bargaining table at any time, “as long as there is a meaningful attempt at engaging with us and seeking a solution.”

If the parties are at the table, he said, “service withdrawals would be temporarily suspended as a gesture of good will to demonstrate our commitment to seeking a compromise solution.”

PAFSO would also suspend its targeted strike if the government accepts binding arbitration without conditions, Edwards said.

“The ball is in Treasury Board’s court. We hope they will do the responsible thing.”

Matthew Conway, spokesman for Clement, said in an email Wednesday the government is reviewing the PSLRB decision and “will determine our next steps accordingly.” The government filed for judicial review by the Federal Court “to preserve all available options,” he said.

Asked if a return to bargaining or acceptance of unconditional binding arbitration are among the options the government is weighing, Conway replied: “Our commitment to finding a fair and reasonable settlement for both employees and Canadian taxpayers remains unchanged.”

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
submitted with the Application
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
Hungary said:
Hi my July friends,

Hi Hungary! Of course you can join us again. We missed you! :-* I've been following your story from the other thread and I hope your headaches are over now. :-* :-* :-*

So my dear, when did you get your SA? ;) ;) ;)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Good Morning Mrs. Alvaro, how have you been doing? How is the weather there?

Seems like everyone is getting busy now and the forum is cooling down. Maybe because there hasn't been anything to discuss or update. Do you think the govt will manage to stall going back to the bargaining table until October when they can then force PAFSO back to work? I wonder what PAFSO is doing for that?

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hi My Friends,

Thanks for the opportunity, I am happy to be back ;)
Mrsalvaro, you are so nice for following my story :-[ :) It was crazy ,wasn't it... Its unbelievable that I could have gotten my status back sooooo easily around the age of 18 (up to 22) kind of "automatically".... but anyways it went very very quickly and we lost only a month. And there is a really bright side of this issue of mine, which gives me hope that everything will be okay with the sponsorship. ;) And yesss, I feel a lot better.
So SA was received Sept 20th and the file has been transferred the same day to Vienna.
Desigirl, thanks so much for summarizing the last month I missed out.
Congrats to all of the PPRs and the updated ecas ;) Ohhhh, soon I should be able to log in there, right?

I missed all of you and wouldn't have joined the September or any other threads , just you guys :-*

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Ohhh and I was laughing a lot when I checked on you guys here for a moment and I read Gamyover's comment that she
will use this waiting time to loose weight :D :D :D :D :D I am thinking the same way myself ;) ;) ;)

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
Popping my head in to say hi to everyone. Hope everyone is hanging in there? I'm happy that we're almost at the 2 month mark. Wishing you all good luck as always. Think positive! God Bless. :)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Hungary said:
Ohhh and I was laughing a lot when I checked on you guys here for a moment and I read Gamyover's comment that she
will use this waiting time to loose weight :D :D :D :D :D I am thinking the same way myself ;) ;) ;)
So once again Welcome Back Sis!!!! Really glad to have you return to us. I was also thinking the same thing about losing some weight because I know I will gain it all or more with happiness once I am together with my hubby :D
Will add cartwheels to the routine once we have the PR in hand...lol
Maybe us ladies should start another forum to discuss how Princess Kate must have lost the baby weight once she had the baby...and other tips to losing weight ;)...lol :p :p

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Desi-girl said:
So once again Welcome Back Sis!!!! Really glad to have you return to us. I was also thinking the same thing about losing some weight because I know I will gain it all or more with happiness once I am together with my hubby :D
Will add cartwheels to the routine once we have the PR in hand...lol
Maybe us ladies should start another forum to discuss how Princess Kate must have lost the baby weight once she had the baby...and other tips to losing weight ;)...lol :p :p
Thanks Desi-girl! ;) actually i thought it will take minimum half a year to deal with this formal pr and be able to get back in process with family class.... But within a month its over with ;) i had to submit a totally different application to Vienna, fill out, attach a lot of documents and write a cover letter.... Pictures etc, and three days later they invited me in for an interview to Vienna, and then I sent the results to CPCM, and although I thought everything will be stuck till November, it didn't and next day our app was sent off to Vienna ;)
So I thought its not too late to join in here again ;)

I am the type that eats a LOT when miserable, but if I have something (somebody) to enjoy :-[ :D I forget about stuffing my face with chocolate and chips :D
Oh and the new thread could get the name "the chatting July girls" ;) ;)

joko38

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
File Transfer...
SA Approved: 30-07-2013
Hi,

We also send our application in July
Application received July 3rd
Sponsorship approved on July 30th

Supposedly the application has been forwarded to Vienna now but we haven't heard anything further.
I am a Dutch citizen but we live in Egypt, considering the current situation here I hope the application is not going to take too long.

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
submitted with the Application
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
Hi Joko38, Wlecome to the thread! I've already added your info to the spreadsheet. We have the same timeline, you just got your SA one day before me. ;) ;) ;)

Could you please provide me the date of your medicals, the date of your AOR and where you're bound to in Canada?

Thanks!Best of luck to you!

mrs. alvaro

joko38 said:
Hi,

We also send our application in July
Application received July 3rd
Sponsorship approved on July 30th

Supposedly the application has been forwarded to Vienna now but we haven't heard anything further.
I am a Dutch citizen but we live in Egypt, considering the current situation here I hope the application is not going to take too long.

joko38

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
File Transfer...
mrsalvaro said:
Hi Joko38, Wlecome to the thread! I've already added your info to the spreadsheet. We have the same timeline, you just got your SA one day before me. ;) ;) ;)

Could you please provide me the date of your medicals, the date of your AOR and where you're bound to in Canada?

Thanks!Best of luck to you!

mrs. alvaro
I haven't been asked for medicals yet.
What does AOR stand for?
We are planning to move to Vancouver.

joko38

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
File Transfer...
If I check my online status it says:
"1.We received application for permanent residence on July 3, 2013"
But this is the date it was received in Mississauga, they only forwarded it to Vienna July 30th or so.

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hi joko38,

I belong to Vienna as well ;) there is a Vienna thread if you would like to join there as well.
Actually, we didn't get the AOR either mrsalvaro.