+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The July 2013 Outland Applicant Chill Spot.

pavan00747

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2014 (got a call to collect passport on 2nd june 14)
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
hello guyzz...

v knw tht we all r going to canada someday...so i tried to build a group of 2013 applicants..

here the link join n cheers.. ;D ;D thank u

https://www.facebook.com/groups/775483805801925/

hv a good day.... :D

mrs.sleepless

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2013
AOR Received.
July 22, 2013
File Transfer...
August 22, 2013
Med's Done....
June 11, 2013
Passport Req..
April 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
Hey guys!!!!

November is fast approaching! crossing my fingers that july applicants start to get our PPRs :p

( feeling hopeful!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D )

Happy weekend!

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Desi-girl said:
Well at least I hope that all of us get the visa and not get rejected. I guess if we knew the outcome for sure or knew exactly when we would get the results of our applications, the wait would be bearable a little more.

Not knowing what is going on is very frustrating. If only they kept updating us every month.
Ooohhh EXACTLY LIKE THAT!!!!!!!

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
submitted with the Application
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
mrs.sleepless said:
Hey guys!!!!

November is fast approaching! crossing my fingers that july applicants start to get our PPRs :p

Happy weekend!
I really hope you're right sis.It makes me excited hehehe :)

olinadposadas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 21, 2013 Received: July 24, 2013
AOR Received.
August 21, 2013
File Transfer...
September 5, 2013 as per my MP
Med's Done....
June 6, 2013
Passport Req..
SOON PLEASE
mrs.sleepless said:
Hey guys!!!!

Happy weekend!

I do hope that this comes true for all of us so we can all share our life and create memories with our love ones.

Happy weekend everyone!!!!

pavan00747

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2014 (got a call to collect passport on 2nd june 14)
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
hey guyzzz NDVO started working on april applicants..n they r fast apporoching since strike has been called of...hope we vil get ouv updated ecas neraly next months... :) :) :) ;)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
Hungary said:
Ooohhh EXACTLY LIKE THAT!!!!!!!
Oh hey Hungary, How is it going? How are the little angels? Didn't hear from you again...so I thought the girls are keeping you busy. How was your weekend? :)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
pavan00747 said:
hey guyzzz NDVO started working on april applicants..n they r fast apporoching since strike has been called of...hope we vil get ouv updated ecas neraly next months... :) :) :) ;)
Hey Pavan, I guess each Visa office is working on different timelines, not necessarily the same month as NDVO which is April.

can/alb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome/Ottawa/Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Request
April 27, 2016
Med's Done....
27-08-2013/May 2016
Interview........
22-11-2013/denied/won appeal March 2016
Passport Req..
August 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked for September 10, 2016
Oh no I jut got email my husband has an interview... And the week after I'm there visiting him. I'm so scared. Anyone have any advise?

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Desi-girl said:
Oh hey Hungary, How is it going? How are the little angels? Didn't hear from you again...so I thought the girls are keeping you busy. How was your weekend? :)
Hi my Friend, I am sorry for being silent, only I am really busy with the kids, the older they get the more attention they need. :) And in my free time I am reading my beloved books, I just love to read.
I will answer you ;) The weekend was excellent, only I am missing my husband :(

CanAlb, any thoughts on why is the interview is needed? I mean you should know what the red flags were. Short relationship, quick marriage etc. If you share it, we could give you detailed advice, other than the average. You know, like be very honest, get prepared for answering the questions about dates etc.
There are also threads here if you type interview in the search box, you should find a whole lot information.
Don't be scared, that's number one advice ;)

can/alb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome/Ottawa/Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Request
April 27, 2016
Med's Done....
27-08-2013/May 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2016
LANDED..........
I guess the biggest red flag is that I'm 10 years older than my husband. We don't look it or act it though. We were married after dating online for 1.5 years. I have been there to see him 3 times and going back again just before the interview. They scheduled the interview after i go home so we are going to see of they want to do it when in there. We are really close and very happy. We had a small wedding with only his family as it's way to expensive to bring my family there. I have 2 kids from a previous marriage who adore him. They've only met him online though. They wrote letters that we submitted with our application. Other than those things I don't know what else is a red flag. My husband is my life and I'm freaking out knowing our lives at in someone else's hands.

olinadposadas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 21, 2013 Received: July 24, 2013
AOR Received.
August 21, 2013
File Transfer...
September 5, 2013 as per my MP
Med's Done....
June 6, 2013
Passport Req..
SOON PLEASE
can/alb said:
I guess the biggest red flag is that I'm 10 years older than my husband. We don't look it or act it though. We were married after dating online for 1.5 years. I have been there to see him 3 times and going back again just before the interview. They scheduled the interview after i go home so we are going to see of they want to do it when in there. We are really close and very happy. We had a small wedding with only his family as it's way to expensive to bring my family there. I have 2 kids from a previous marriage who adore him. They've only met him online though. They wrote letters that we submitted with our application. Other than those things I don't know what else is a red flag. My husband is my life and I'm freaking out knowing our lives at in someone else's hands.
I hope everything goes well for you :) Good luck! I hope you get to be with your husband soon, I/we can all relate :(

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
can/alb said:
Oh no I jut got email my husband has an interview... And the week after I'm there visiting him. I'm so scared. Anyone have any advise?
Oh honey, I can understand how u must be feeling even though I haven't gone through this yet and I hope I don't have to.

The age difference is the red flag here as well as it being ur second marriage. They want to make sure that he isnt taking advantage of u being lonely and emotionally hurt or needy. Take all supporting docs with u like phone records, chat logs, email, postcards, and more letters that u have after u submitted the application. Most interviews are about asking things which u mentioned on the application so they want to verify if u say the same things as on the application. Maybe they will ask why you wanted to get married or how u met. Be confident and be prepared. They like confidence most.. Act like u know what u are saying 8) 8) 8)

Who knows, maybe they will give u positive decision on ur application right away ;). The best thing is that both of u r present at the time of interview... U can show them exactly how much u love each other and r meant for each other ;D When r u going to visit him?
Good luck.. Keep us posted. :-*

Work on ur nervousness and burn it. Make a tiny skit replaying all events u have gone through together and practice with ur husband or make it a game like 20 questions... It may help.

Hope this helps. Hungary has also given some excellent tips.

can/alb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome/Ottawa/Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Request
April 27, 2016
Med's Done....
27-08-2013/May 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Thank you so much. I really hope it turns out positive. I know if they saw is together they'd know right away. I'm going there to see him November 2-14 and his interview is on the 22 :/. He is going to call tomorrow to see if we can bump it ahead for when I'm there. As I can't change my flight dates :(

I'm so glad you guys are here to talk to during such a difficult process. Thanks again. :)

Also congrats to those who have gotten in process and DM. Very happy or you. And good luck to all who are still waiting.

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
can/alb said:
Thank you so much. I really hope it turns out positive. I know if they saw is together they'd know right away. I'm going there to see him November 2-14 and his interview is on the 22 :/. He is going to call tomorrow to see if we can bump it ahead for when I'm there. As I can't change my flight dates :(

I'm so glad you guys are here to talk to during such a difficult process. Thanks again. :)

Also congrats to those who have gotten in process and DM. Very happy or you. And good luck to all who are still waiting.
Hi, back again, for a bit. Its nap time, so I am taking an advantage and closing my eyes as well.
But back to you CanAlb, yes, i can understand why they assume an interview is needed. BUT its ONLY o protect you as a Canadaian from scammers, try to look at that way. You will do excellent, and there will be no problem. ;)
I try to add some to my friend's post okay.
I think they will schedule the interview to see you together, but then you will be asked as well, obviously.
Try to avoid being tricked, so make sure you know every date - of birthdays, first date of yours, proposal etc. I assume they will ask into your parent's as well, like their occupations, age - date of birth, marital status , brothers, sisters etc. if you have close friends, sure you do, especially who wrote letters to CIC, you both should be able to answer basic questions about them.
Oh and they will definitely ask your husband about your children, like how old are they, which school do they attend, which grade - i don't know how old are they but you could assume what would they ask about in connection their ages.
I assume they would ask into your previous marriage, they might ask him what he knows about it, when why did you meet, how did things turn bad etc.
Oh about your education, his education and work, where , how , since when etc.

I would say you should think of every subject , like education, occupation, family, friends, important dates, likes and dislikes, hobbies and so on, and just talk through.
The most important thing is I think, that in case they ask something you guys cannot answer DONT panic!!!! I shared 10 years in my previous relationship in my homeland ,not even a day separately, i am educated but still question could be asked which I wouldn't know....

Oh and Desi- girl said, know what you wrote down. Read it again, development of relationship , gifts given etc. the VO kind of studied your case and he or she already knows what to ask, so it means its pretty likely that something of the things you - more your husband wrote down.

About the age difference,we have a huge one too, ooops, but i can argue that my ex husband, Hungarian , not rich, no other citizenship, but he was the same age as him... (And every previous "boyfriend" of mine was a lot older than me..) actually even my female friends who are the very best are at that age 40-50, tehre is soemthing wrong with me :D ;D So be able to answer to that question.