+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The importance of calling CIC

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have had my test on July 2nd, and my oath on Sep 15th. My local office is Vancouver.

I have always called CIC call centre to inquire about the status of my application. I ordered the GCMS notes (ATIP) and I found that my call seems to have been crucial. On Aug. 18th I called and I found that there is no update on the test results yet, and the agent said that they will send a note to Vancouver office to remind them to update the case!

Interestingly, I found a note on the GCMS saying that the client called CC on Aug. 18th to inquire about the status, and that "Referral, Case Status-Results, sent to CIC Vancouver". Then on Aug. 22nd, the test results were recorded!

I always try to tell others that calling CIC is important and can help!

One more thing, the person who approved the file and granted the decision is not a judge! She is the officer who interviewed me after the test! Her name is written on the notes!!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
Hello everyone,

I have had my test on July 2nd, and my oath on Sep 15th. My local office is Vancouver.

I have always called CIC call centre to inquire about the status of my application. I ordered the GCMS notes (ATIP) and I found that my call seems to have been crucial. On Aug. 18th I called and I found that there is no update on the test results yet, and the agent said that they will send a note to Vancouver office to remind them to update the case!

Interestingly, I found a note on the GCMS saying that the client called CC on Aug. 18th to inquire about the status, and that "Referral, Case Status-Results, sent to CIC Vancouver". Then on Aug. 22nd, the test results were recorded!

One more thing, the person who approved the file and granted the decision is not a judge! She is the officer who interviewed me after the test! Her name is written on the notes!!
Congrats. You are lucky. How long was your whole process i.e timeline?

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I completely agree.

I would call the CIC regularly(when the process seemed to slow down between checkpoints) to check on my status after my RQ was submitted.

Despite a RQ request, my case was very quick(by RQ'd standards) and I took a little over 12 months to become a citizen.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
Congratulations.

I know people who are really reluctant to call, although their files have been in process for more than two years!

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Oct13 said:
Hello everyone,

Congrats ! thanks for sharing this info . I believe alongwith calling CIC importance , your post does show that the COs have already started making decisions on the files which is very encouraging

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
Yes, it is interesting to understand what is going on behind the scene.

By the way, many of the calls are useless because they depend on how cooperative the call agent is. But calling deveral times will ensure you get some of the cooperative ones that will help your case!

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
informatics said:
Congrats ! thanks for sharing this info . I believe alongwith calling CIC importance , your post does show that the COs have already started making decisions on the files which is very encouraging

And by the way, the notes put her name under "Decision Judge Name"!! At the interview, she said it is good that you brought such document so that it will help the judge to take the decision! And apparently, there was no judge involved!