+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

the IMM 5292 or IMM 1000

RICO11

Oct 1, 2011
i only have the PR card and i do not remember that i was given the IMM 5292 or IMM 1000. can any one advice me if i can apply for the citizenship with out this documents as i have onle the pr card.

thank you for your help

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to apply for a certified copy of it from immigration, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

A

amirchov

check the passport you used to enter Canada with. Next to the immigration stamp or label, the immigration officer should have stapled the IMM5292 to the passport... It looks like an insignificant piece of paper (carbon copy) and I myself almost threw it out since I didn't think it was so important to keep after receiving the actual PR card.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

amirchov said:
check the passport you used to enter Canada with. Next to the immigration stamp or label, the immigration officer should have stapled the IMM5292 to the passport... It looks like an insignificant piece of paper (carbon copy) and I myself almost threw it out since I didn't think it was so important to keep after receiving the actual PR card.
Don't ever throw it out. Not only do you need it for Citizenship, you will need it for Old Age Security.