+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The future of Pakistani immigration to Canada [A serious discussion]

echelon99

Hero Member
Jun 5, 2012
349
4
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
Yesterday, I was discussing my upcoming course in Canada with a non-Pakistani friend of mine. The friend in question's father is non-Pakistani, like my friend, but his mother is from Pakistan and holds a Paki passport. He got very worried when I told him that Canada was my choice for where I'd eventually like settle down (much like many other students on these forums). He mentioned how family vacations are always a pain for them, since he and his father have no problems getting any visits visa, but his mother faces many problems on a daily basis. That got me thinking, and I started talking to friends who travel abroad regularly and checking out articles and forums.

None of us can deny things are going from bad to worse in Pakistan. Fundamentalism and terror has been taking over the country, and even though life continues like always for some of us who live in the country, the perspective of our nation for all outsides is rapidly shifting. In the past two years, Pakistan has become the number 1 terrorist country in American and European films, tv shows and games. Much like how Russia or Korea used to be, once upon a time. Games like Call of Duty show a flooded, ailing Pakistan four years down the line, controlled by terrorism and chaos. Living abroad, I get jokes about suicide bombings and terrorists all the time. And this is something only those Pakis who have lived or are living abroad can understand, you eventually stop defending your country. You will rise up the first 10 times someone makes that joke, get the angry the next 5 times and frown a little for the next dozen. But eventually you become desensitized to it. Pakistanis are treated as potential threats at most airports, even my friends who are descended from Pakistan but have been born elsewhere get harassed. I know Pakistanis who pretend of be Indians to land a job in US after finishing their degrees.

So my question is this, can we, who look forward to a future in Canada, really have a future? Will be really be treated the same as any other nationality when it comes to immigration? Will our PR applications carry the same weight as those made by Indians or Europeans? Will our resumes get thrown away with more prejudice than the other, when we begin our job search in Canada? I, like many other Pakistani students on this forum, want the Canadian dream. But have I already lost it, because of where I was born?

Think. And, discuss.
 

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
1,572
7
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Heart touching......!!
 

sandhuboy

Hero Member
Aug 26, 2012
603
10
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
i know i have no right to say any thing in ur internal matters but because i have many roots in pakistani punjab i want to say something. I think problem is ur international image is not that great because of many reasons which u know well than me. Purely according to me ur country do not went like the great jinna wants. According to me mr. Jinna wants a nation which will be peace full and secular i think . I m 1992 modal guy do'nt know much about it
 

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
1,572
7
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
sandhuboy said:
i know i have no right to say any thing in ur internal matters but because i have many roots in pakistani punjab i want to say something. I think problem is ur international image is not that great because of many reasons which u know well than me. Purely according to me ur country do not went like the great jinna wants. According to me mr. Jinna wants a nation which will be peace full and secular i think . I m 1992 modal guy do'nt know much about it
you are right Sandhuboy.... its not the PAKISTAN of Jinah.. we are not lucky to have a leader like jinnah lately!!!!!!!!!!! thats the major tragedy of our country!!!
 

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
3,674
188
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
1. Yes, you can have a future in Canada.

2. The law is written with the expectation that all applications will be assessed equally and on merit. However, each application is unique - two people with similar backgrounds can have different experiences. Applications from certain countries will receive greater scrutiny either due to high degree of fraud/false documents, high refugee claims, etc. e.g. Canada recently added some previously visa-exempt countries to the "visa required" list.

3. Resumes - this one is really at the employer level. Whether or not there is prejudice, the problem is it is hard to prove unless you have evidence. Every immigrant(especially those from "non-western" countries) will have a couple of stories about hardship when looking for work.
You will hear that you have to 'know' someone to get a job but don't let it discourage you. There is hope, now foreign students get the post-graduate work permit which is an advantage. Just don't give up if/when you hit speed bumps.

4. You have not lost your Canadian dream, unless you choose to lose it. The road may be bumpy but you will make it. I am proof of that.

echelon99 said:
So my question is this, can we, who look forward to a future in Canada, really have a future? Will be really be treated the same as any other nationality when it comes to immigration? Will our PR applications carry the same weight as those made by Indians or Europeans? Will our resumes get thrown away with more prejudice than the other, when we begin our job search in Canada? I, like many other Pakistani students on this forum, want the Canadian dream. But have I already lost it, because of where I was born?

Think. And, discuss.
 

freecraigslist1

Full Member
Feb 12, 2012
40
1
echelon99 said:
Yesterday, I was discussing my upcoming course in Canada with a non-Pakistani friend of mine. The friend in question's father is non-Pakistani, like my friend, but his mother is from Pakistan and holds a Paki passport. He got very worried when I told him that Canada was my choice for where I'd eventually like settle down (much like many other students on these forums). He mentioned how family vacations are always a pain for them, since he and his father have no problems getting any visits visa, but his mother faces many problems on a daily basis. That got me thinking, and I started talking to friends who travel abroad regularly and checking out articles and forums.

None of us can deny things are going from bad to worse in Pakistan. Fundamentalism and terror has been taking over the country, and even though life continues like always for some of us who live in the country, the perspective of our nation for all outsides is rapidly shifting. In the past two years, Pakistan has become the number 1 terrorist country in American and European films, tv shows and games. Much like how Russia or Korea used to be, once upon a time. Games like Call of Duty show a flooded, ailing Pakistan four years down the line, controlled by terrorism and chaos. Living abroad, I get jokes about suicide bombings and terrorists all the time. And this is something only those Pakis who have lived or are living abroad can understand, you eventually stop defending your country. You will rise up the first 10 times someone makes that joke, get the angry the next 5 times and frown a little for the next dozen. But eventually you become desensitized to it. Pakistanis are treated as potential threats at most airports, even my friends who are descended from Pakistan but have been born elsewhere get harassed. I know Pakistanis who pretend of be Indians to land a job in US after finishing their degrees.

So my question is this, can we, who look forward to a future in Canada, really have a future? Will be really be treated the same as any other nationality when it comes to immigration? Will our PR applications carry the same weight as those made by Indians or Europeans? Will our resumes get thrown away with more prejudice than the other, when we begin our job search in Canada? I, like many other Pakistani students on this forum, want the Canadian dream. But have I already lost it, because of where I was born?

Think. And, discuss.
Sustainable Democracy process is the only solution we can make our image better, however common man in US, Canada or Pakistan is the same and away from Politics.
US aid to pak establishment later caused the development of organizations that are more than the scope of any country they have ideology different than nationalism, so that we are suffering from a very complex problem. may God save our nation from international racism .
 

sandhuboy

Hero Member
Aug 26, 2012
603
10
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
freecraigslist1 said:
Sustainable Democracy process is the only solution we can make our image better, however common man in US, Canada or Pakistan is the same and away from Politics.
US aid to pak establishment later caused the development of organizations that are more than the scope of any country they have ideology different than nationalism, so that we are suffering from a very complex problem. may God save our nation from international racism .
bro world is like mirror .it will show u as u are.
I want to say some thing today i say news where pakistan in UN vote in favar of sri lanka in case of human right damage in sri lanaka and tamil war. 25 countrys vote against and 13 countrys in faver of it.so i think it is not good thing.
 

echelon99

Hero Member
Jun 5, 2012
349
4
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
SenoritaBella said:
1. Yes, you can have a future in Canada.

2. The law is written with the expectation that all applications will be assessed equally and on merit. However, each application is unique - two people with similar backgrounds can have different experiences. Applications from certain countries will receive greater scrutiny either due to high degree of fraud/false documents, high refugee claims, etc. e.g. Canada recently added some previously visa-exempt countries to the "visa required" list.

3. Resumes - this one is really at the employer level. Whether or not there is prejudice, the problem is it is hard to prove unless you have evidence. Every immigrant(especially those from "non-western" countries) will have a couple of stories about hardship when looking for work.
You will hear that you have to 'know' someone to get a job but don't let it discourage you. There is hope, now foreign students get the post-graduate work permit which is an advantage. Just don't give up if/when you hit speed bumps.

4. You have not lost your Canadian dream, unless you choose to lose it. The road may be bumpy but you will make it. I am proof of that.
Nice to know. These words kind of warmed me up, like a hot coffee on a cold day. :)
 

echelon99

Hero Member
Jun 5, 2012
349
4
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
sandhuboy said:
bro world is like mirror .it will show u as u are.
I want to say some thing today i say news where pakistan in UN vote in favar of sri lanka in case of human right damage in sri lanaka and tamil war. 25 countrys vote against and 13 countrys in faver of it.so i think it is not good thing.
So are you in favor of Pakistan supporting SL or against it? I live in SL and everyone I've talked to here (whether Buddhist or Muslim, Tamil or Singhalese) is glad of the vote. Also, the break down was not 13-25 (where did you read that?). It was 24-25.
 

sandhuboy

Hero Member
Aug 26, 2012
603
10
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
echelon99 said:
So are you in favor of Pakistan supporting SL or against it? I live in SL and everyone I've talked to here (whether Buddhist or Muslim, Tamil or Singhalese) is glad of the vote. Also, the break down was not 13-25 (where did you read that?). It was 24-25.
look i see 25-13 on bbc. I would say watch a show of bbc and history channel 4 show on net which is ban in sri lanaka.i m against LETA OR TAMIL TIGARS but i m against SL govt. If u have guts watch that show tell them there are mms of rape mudere and every thing u can't even imagine.
Pakistan supporting them will loose there points and views in kashmir.
What Sl army r saying same thing indian army saying in kashmir do pak will also support them. I think pak is only supporting SL Because china is also in faver of SL. And tamils has direct connection with india.
 

aman singh

Hero Member
Oct 26, 2012
869
15
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Not only Pakistani , But this is a problem of all South Asian. But according to Immigration laws, there is no where written about favoring selected countries. It is just that for South Asian countries , they look in the profile more deeply and make decision after brief check.

So don't worry bro. Still there are many opportunity for Asians in Canada.
Few days back , i heard from cousin that a Indian Boy is transferred from India to Canada to work for RBC bank and he is getting a starting pay of 130,000 per year.
 

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
3,674
188
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Awesome!!! That is so good to hear. It gladdens my heart when I hear of immigrants doing so well. It is important not to give up... when you are qualified and have the experience, an employer will pay the market value but you have to know your worth as well.

They must also be assisting him with relocation expenses? If the employer is not paying for the relocation expenses(or paying just part of it), the guy should save his receipts and once in Canada find out(from HR Block) whether he can claim it when he files his taxes.

aman singh said:
Not only Pakistani , But this is a problem of all South Asian. But according to Immigration laws, there is no where written about favoring selected countries. It is just that for South Asian countries , they look in the profile more deeply and make decision after brief check.

So don't worry bro. Still there are many opportunity for Asians in Canada.
Few days back , i heard from cousin that a Indian Boy is transferred from India to Canada to work for RBC bank and he is getting a starting pay of 130,000 per year.
 

tiger007

Champion Member
echelon99 said:
So are you in favor of Pakistan supporting SL or against it? I live in SL and everyone I've talked to here (whether Buddhist or Muslim, Tamil or Singhalese) is glad of the vote. Also, the break down was not 13-25 (where did you read that?). It was 24-25.

Hi,

Your news, wherever you got that from is totally wrong. (24-25)

The meeting to adopt a U.N resolution against Sri Lanka (Sinhalese government.) for atrocities, war crimes and long term genocide against minority Tamilians was attended by 46 member nations. The United States-sponsored resolution at the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva was passed with the support of 25 member countries. 13 countries opposed it, while 8 countries chose not to vote.
Of the 25 countries that voted FOR the resolution, only India and South Korea were from Asia. 13 members, including Pakistan and China, voted AGAINST the resolution.

So, member Sandhuboy is correct on that part.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21873551
http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/India-votes-against-Lanka-US-resolution-at-UNHRC-adopted/Article1-1029696.aspx
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-03-21/india/37902100_1_sri-lanka-anti-lanka-resolution
 

alwaysoptimistic

Hero Member
Jun 8, 2012
652
15
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2013
Med's Request
6.5
srilanka and china are our best friends of pakistan. so obviously what would you do if you are pakistan? would you ever want to end up your friendship with your loved ones? India has a great friendship with Russia and they have always bought weapons from them. On the other hand Pakistan buys them from China and support srilanka. so everybody likes their own benefits isn't it?
 

tiger007

Champion Member
alwaysoptimistic said:
srilanka and china are our best friends of pakistan. so obviously what would you do if you are pakistan? would you ever want to end up your friendship with your loved ones? India has a great friendship with Russia and they have always bought weapons from them. On the other hand Pakistan buys them from China and support srilanka. so everybody likes their own benefits isn't it?
Hi,

No one is any one's "best friend". It's all geopolitics and a game to gather allies and claim stake on potential resources. Yes.. certian countries stick together, as they feel it will give them an added advantage/ edge in many areas, but in general... Everything is politics.. Not friendship.