+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The effect of Banning from US for lifetime on Canada TRV

KabirMoho

Nov 9, 2017
Category........
I was in the USA as a dependent child for 6 years with a non-immigrant VISA. I came back to my home country to face an interview for an immigrant VISA in 2008. My mother was the petitioner along with my other two elder brothers. I was banned for lifetime in US along with my other two brothers as One of my brother secretly got married & we were flagged to misrepresent information.

Now, my spouse wants to go to study in Canada & take me as her dependent for OWP.

My question is how that US ban would affect this? & How would Canada find out my previous ban if I don't declare it? & How should I declare my case to the embassy?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I was in the USA as a dependent child for 6 years with a non-immigrant VISA. I came back to my home country to face an interview for an immigrant VISA in 2008. My mother was the petitioner along with my other two elder brothers. I was banned for lifetime in US along with my other two brothers as One of my brother secretly got married & we were flagged to misrepresent information.

Now, my spouse wants to go to study in Canada & take me as her dependent for OWP.

My question is how that US ban would affect this? & How would Canada find out my previous ban if I don't declare it? & How should I declare my case to the embassy?
So obviously by even thinking of not declaring a ban, you don’t seem to get how serious it is by misrepresentation of your immigration details . Look what it got your siblings & you by not following the rules .
Life time bar .
Of course governments share information for this EXACT reason .
Governments are aware of individuals who break the rules or have complete disregard for them . So this allows the Government’s to know people’s immigration background/history and allows the Government to keep people in check , when they think of not telling the truth .
Btw, it’s 2021, not 1951. Information is constantly being shared

Reactions: KabirMoho

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

The US and Canada share information. If you fail to declare this history, Canada will obtain this information from the US as part of the background check process and then you can expect to be refused from Canada and issued with a 5 year misrepresentation ban.

You must be 100% honest about your US immigration history in your application if you want to have a chance of coming to Canada. Since this was over 10 years ago, there's certainly a chance you may be approved if you put together a strong application.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Tell the truth, always the truth..they have info share, so they’ll know the moment they have your details

KabirMoho

Nov 9, 2017
Category........
So obviously by even thinking of not declaring a ban, you don’t seem to get how serious it is by misrepresentation of your immigration details . Look what it got your siblings & you by not following the rules .
Life time bar .
Of course governments share information for this EXACT reason .
Governments are aware of individuals who break the rules or have complete disregard for them . So this allows the Government’s to know people’s immigration background/history and allows the Government to keep people in check , when they think of not telling the truth .
Btw, it’s 2021, not 1951. Information is constantly being shared
Thank You so much for your reply. So I'll declare it but how? Should I present another letter with statement along with my visa application to explain the reason of my ban?
& How much chance I'll have for Canada for this ban?

KabirMoho

Nov 9, 2017
Category........
The US and Canada share information. If you fail to declare this history, Canada will obtain this information from the US as part of the background check process and then you can expect to be refused from Canada and issued with a 5 year misrepresentation ban.

You must be 100% honest about your US immigration history in your application if you want to have a chance of coming to Canada. Since this was over 10 years ago, there's certainly a chance you may be approved if you put together a strong application.
Thanks Scylla for your helpful answer. Could you further help me to know how can I put together a strong application?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank You so much for your reply. So I'll declare it but how? Should I present another letter with statement along with my visa application to explain the reason of my ban?
Tick YES on question (e) of IMM 5669, Schedule A and provide explaination at the bottom of the questionnaire

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yes provide as much info (and documentation) as you can on this ban. No one can tell you how it will affect your application (but I doubt it would, seeing as you were a minor and not directly responsible for the ban), but be sure that declaring it is your best bet to get an approval. Good luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Scylla for your helpful answer. Could you further help me to know how can I put together a strong application?
Declare the ban / refusal from the US and any other past visa refusals. Show strong ties to your home country such as property, employment, assets. If you have traveled to other countries requiring visas (e.g. UK, Europe) since the ban, show evidence of this travel.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
As @wonderbly said, you were a minor. You can justify it and definitely should provide a justification. Also it was 10 years ago, getting banned from Canada for 5 years also gives you a chance to re apply, obviously this is a different case but there’s justification for this as you weren’t an adult at the time. All the best.