+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The 430-437 club! Let's strategize here!

immiknowhow

Jan 27, 2018
Guys ,
I am at 437 , just submitted an EE. Had I done it earlier a few months back , before my birthday, I would have been 442.
So, is it going to come down to 437 or shall I give my IELTS again , I am currently at 7.5

this is also not a bad score at all. just wait .. it will soon come for you..
also keep on checking OINP updates .. you have high chance of getting that by the end of the year.

super_parsley

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Thanks bro, just waiting.
when I filled the EE , it shows I m not eligible for PNP, do you know the reason why?
Also how to apply for OINP, what's the cutoff there ?

peacefulwarrior

Jun 4, 2018
We have 8600+ people in 430-440 range. How would they select 1800 (remaining NOIs for 2018) people from this slot? Even if they go for ICT candidates, there is a full chance that half of these profiles belong to ICT NOCs. So there is no way they can filter these profiles. (Maybe that's why they are only sending NOI under French and job offer stream.)

super_parsley

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
So are you saying there are only 1800 last candidates who could receive an ITA for 2018 ?

Where is this information?

Ashwell

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
I have been in the pool since October 2017 with my husband as primary applicant we had a CRS score of 438 until early June where we lost 5 points due to my husbands birthday.
Early in May we realized that express entry was not looking so hopeful and decided to go this route. I was accepted to start studying in September this year but you have to send transcripts and pay the fee before they will send you an official acceptance letter, and as the university is tardy getting back to emails this took longer than expected. It takes 11 weeks to process a study visa in my country and with only 12 weeks till the start of the course this was not a viable option as I think the stress of waiting for that would be too much for any human. Lucky I had the option to defer to the next start of the course which is January 2019. It will be the middle of summer in South Africa and we will land in Canada in the middle of winter, not ideal but it will not deter us from the Canadian dream! I am just waiting for my PCC and then will apply, now with plenty of time to get everything else in order.

From my experience, my advice to anyone looking to go this route. Start looking/applying for programs NOW. The universities in Canada take very long to respond and the process is not as straight forward as it seems. But it will be worth it in the end!

I also have one question, @vensak if you could possible give me advice. I have started my application on the CIC website and I am given the option to apply for my study visa as well as my husbands open work visa. Should I apply together or do I need to wait till I have received my study visa before applying for his work visa? Thanks in advance
Just an update for anyone going the study route.

I applied for my study visa and my husband's work visa at the same time as one application. I summited the application on 17 July and we were both approved 4 weeks later on 14 August.
I have sent in my passport and received my TRV.

My flights are booked and we land in Canada on 16 December!

super_parsley

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Currently :

441-450 ------------> 417
431-440 -------------> 8,986

So i think now they should get on with a lower score.
Next draw shall be crucial.