+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The 430-437 club! Let's strategize here!

farrukhahmed

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Hi all, I'm at CRS 432, NOC 0112 and currently the only options I can see to improve my scores are:
1. Wife increasing her IELTS score.....she's taking her exam as I type this message (fingers crossed)
2. Learn French
3. Job offer
4. Apply in any PNP streams....NEED INFO AND GUIDANCE ON THIS!

As far as I'm aware, all PNPs require a job offer and LMIA, so they seem pretty impossible right now as job offers are too far fetched to consider viable. Can anyone here guide on the PNP streams and how to get selected there?

I will lost another 5 points in September (my 40th birthday), so I'd love to get any advice on how to improve the chances of getting the ITA before September.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hi all, I'm at CRS 432, NOC 0112 and currently the only options I can see to improve my scores are:
1. Wife increasing her IELTS score.....she's taking her exam as I type this message (fingers crossed)
2. Learn French
3. Job offer
4. Apply in any PNP streams....NEED INFO AND GUIDANCE ON THIS!

As far as I'm aware, all PNPs require a job offer and LMIA, so they seem pretty impossible right now as job offers are too far fetched to consider viable. Can anyone here guide on the PNP streams and how to get selected there?

I will lost another 5 points in September (my 40th birthday), so I'd love to get any advice on how to improve the chances of getting the ITA before September.
I'm almost on the same boat, current CRS is 431 but next birthday is in June next year. Even my wife is going to retake IELTS at end of this month to possibly increase 2 more points. How much can be increased in your case?
Have you thought of making your wife primary applicant if that's an option. I'm contemplating that, have some hurdles.
Also, you'll be eligible for Ontario PNP and they are typically picking up profiles with CRS between 433-441 so far this year. But they haven't given NOI to anyone on the general HCP stream after February!

Reactions: lightning_crashes

farrukhahmed

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
I'm almost on the same boat, current CRS is 431 but next birthday is in June next year. Even my wife is going to retake IELTS at end of this month to possibly increase 2 more points. How much can be increased in your case?
Have you thought of making your wife primary applicant if that's an option. I'm contemplating that, have some hurdles.
Also, you'll be eligible for Ontario PNP and they are typically picking up profiles with CRS between 433-441 so far this year. But they haven't given NOI to anyone on the general HCP stream after February!
I wouldn't be able to make my wife as a primary as she's a housewife...
I'm totally illiterate about the PNP streams and how to go about them, so I'd love to have the good people here guide on those options.
As far as I know, PNP requires a job offer which is next to impossible to say the least.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I'm totally illiterate about the PNP streams and how to go about them, so I'd love to have the good people here guide on those options.
As far as I know, PNP requires a job offer which is next to impossible to say the least.
For Ontario HCP which I mentioned above, no job offer is required. But as I said, they'll have to select your profile from the pool and they haven't selected anyone after February. Here is the link for Ontario PNP website.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNOI.html
There are few others as well which does not require job offer like SINP, Alberta EE (new stream) but even I'm not much aware about that.

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
I thought you were trying the ICT way? Getting a job directly in Canada without PR is next to impossible what I've heard.
yep ICT is not working out. so only hope now is NOI OINP HCP...

i created my profile June 8 will try to refresh also

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I found the following webinar from David Cohen, founder of this CanadaVisa forum, discussing about PNPs. Haven't watched it yet, but you should be able to get some information.
https://www.cicnews.com/2018/06/wes-webinar-david-cohen-on-express-entry-linked-provincial-nominee-programs-0610856.html#gs.jS0Wlh4

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hello people,

My NOC is 2173 and my CRS score is at 438 with my June 30 IELTS Result being LRWS - 8.5,8,7,7.5. Is it better if I apply EOR for Writing Module.If it increases to 7.5, my CRS goes up to 441 but if I apply for EOR,I cannot use this IELTS TRF until the EOR Results are out.I am worried that if I apply for EOR and the draw score reduces to high 430s,I might miss the invite.Any Suggestions?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
My distance learning diploma course starts in two weeks so I’m just awaiting that. My goal is now to be finished by next year September instead of 2020.

Once I’m done my score will be 460.
You should check if your course can be WES recognised. Distance learning courses usually aren't. If you're not scoring any points for this then it's a complete waste of time and money.

Reactions: tobs

bahariesmoon88

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Nassau, Bahamas
You should check if your course can be WES recognised. Distance learning courses usually aren't. If you're not scoring any points for this then it's a complete waste of time and money.
It’s a McMaster University in Canada course and I would get the points since I have a 4 year bacholers degree and the distance learning would be a 1 year course. I’ve tested it out in my profile already and it’s good to go!

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
Hi everyone!
Have you read news regarding OINP? Have they finished sending Notifications of Interests for this year? They haven’t send under any program since May 31 :(. Since they have changed authorities, I don’t know if this is because of a new focus and objectives.

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
Reactions: adityagupta88

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hello people,

My NOC is 2173 and my CRS score is at 438 with my June 30 IELTS Result being LRWS - 8.5,8,7,7.5. Is it better if I apply EOR for Writing Module.If it increases to 7.5, my CRS goes up to 441 but if I apply for EOR,I cannot use this IELTS TRF until the EOR Results are out.I am worried that if I apply for EOR and the draw score reduces to high 430s,I might miss the invite.Any Suggestions?
With all probability, CRS is not going to dip below 440 or max 439 till August end because of the high number of profiles which are still stuck on 440 and 439. So, you can probably go for the EOR assuming you'll be able to get updated result by middle of August.
Caveat is that IRCC is completely unpredictable and if they suddenly decide to do a back-to-back draw in between, CRS may well dip till 435, and I guess you already know that :)

Reactions: Dudelebowski

Alex SA2C

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
In order to apply for PNP I've needed to redo my WES report from ECA to CxC. Has anybody done this? Do I need to resubmit transcripts?