+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The 430-437 club! Let's strategize here!

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
Hope is not a strategy!

After the nice low score of 413 last year, the number of hopefuls increased along with the things that happened in the US - too many ppl are applying (yes you and me included)

The regular ROH series threads are great to hang around and dream for the score to come down. While it will be great when it happens, we who are at the edge or the boundary need to strategize differently.

This thread is for those at 430-437 or even 440 who want to take matters into their own hands and start to look at real ways to make a difference, network and share ideas instead of waiting for the score to drop

I realize that many ppl in this club will be in the pool for a year. This will give us our own space instead of the guys sitting at 440+ who are just preparing their PCCs and medicals

Strategy no
  1. Have right NOC code for OINP HCP
  2. Learn French or increase IELTS scores
  3. Try to get job offer with LMIA
  4. Try to get job offer from Canadian arm of your company. No LMIA required then to get work permit for a year as your company applies to CIC for the transfer. After the first year if they want to continue with another job offer for a year you get the 50 points. It's called intra company transfer category.
  5. PNP for other provinces?
    1. Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
    2. SINP
    3. BC EE
  6. Australia - its easier nowadays than Canada - they have own point based system and accept IELTS!
  7. Drop spouse from application and sponsor after landing (for some cases)
  8. Add spouse (marry - Canadian spouse or one with Canadian education/experience and get additional points)
  9. Distance learning which will take at least 1 year to pass (Post Grad Diploma/MBA/Masters etc.)
  10. Attending full time Masters etc. in home country for additional points.
  11. Take IELTS AC & enter Canada with a Student visa / Hit a Canadian University - which upon completion would get a PGWP and then certainly ensure PR after a time
  12. Certain nationalities - you can try to go for Working holiday in Canada (that can be the way how to qualify for some provinces)
  13. ...
  14. ...
  15. ...
... Pls add

Reactions: journey21

shasha2

Aug 24, 2017
Yeah very entertaining. Great start of the weekend
I go ITA without my husband last week. Can anyone here suggest any forum where I could discuss this rout its pros and cons.. I was thinking to apply for Saskachewan but getting license for my profession (NOC 2173) would be a cumbersome process. I feel stuck and hopeless. Does anyone have nay idea about getting job offer with LMIA?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I go ITA without my husband last week. Can anyone here suggest any forum where I could discuss this rout its pros and cons.. I was thinking to apply for Saskachewan but getting license for my profession (NOC 2173) would be a cumbersome process. I feel stuck and hopeless. Does anyone have nay idea about getting job offer with LMIA?
you got an ITA, so just go and sponsor your husband. it will take 1+ year. dont worry about provinces.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Reactions: lightning_crashes

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hope is not a strategy!

After the nice low score of 413 last year, the number of hopefuls increased along with the things that happened in the US - too many ppl are applying (yes you and me included)

The regular ROH series threads are great to hang around and dream for the score to come down. While it will be great when it happens, we who are at the edge or the boundary need to strategize differently.

This thread is for those at 430-437 or even 440 who want to take matters into their own hands and start to look at real ways to make a difference, network and share ideas instead of waiting for the score to drop

I realize that many ppl in this club will be in the pool for a year. This will give us our own space instead of the guys sitting at 440+ who are just preparing their PCCs and medicals

Strategy no
  1. Have right NOC code for OINP HCP
  2. Learn French or increase IELTS scores
  3. Try to get job offer with LMIA
  4. Try to get job offer from Canadian arm of your company. No LMIA required then to get work permit for a year as your company applies to CIC for the transfer. After the first year if they want to continue with another job offer for a year you get the 50 points. It's called intra company transfer category.
  5. PNP for other provinces?
    1. Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
    2. SINP
    3. BC EE
  6. Australia - its easier nowadays than Canada - they have own point based system and accept IELTS!
  7. Drop spouse from application and sponsor after landing (for some cases)
  8. Add spouse (marry - Canadian spouse or one with Canadian education/experience and get additional points)
  9. Distance learning which will take at least 1 year to pass (Post Grad Diploma/MBA/Masters etc.)
  10. Attending full time Masters etc. in home country for additional points.
  11. Take IELTS AC & enter Canada with a Student visa / Hit a Canadian University - which upon completion would get a PGWP and then certainly ensure PR after a time
  12. Certain nationalities - you can try to go for Working holiday in Canada (that can be the way how to qualify for some provinces)
  13. ...
  14. ...
  15. ...
... Pls add
Australia easier than Canada?! I'm sorry I beg to disagree. There are people struggling to score CLB 9, and you need minimum 8 band in all to max out your Australian PR points. So how is it easier than Canada?

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Oh congratulations, if i remember correct are you the one who changed the profile from spouse accompanying to not just a day or two before the draw.

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
Australia easier than Canada?! I'm sorry I beg to disagree. There are people struggling to score CLB 9, and you need minimum 8 band in all to max out your Australian PR points. So how is it easier than Canada?
Your right but competition is lower than Canada. However nowadays they reduced the draw size for subclass 189 so the Australian dream became harder also...

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
I guess you're already in Canada?

If yes try to take it one step at a time and sponsor your husband later if it's possible.