+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

thay approved my wife

stonecold39

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D guys last month 6th cic made decision that thhey approved my wife... that's a good news after a lof of troubles too , i sent them first application last December because of incomplete they send back 2 times then i took a immigration lawyer. then proceed so now my wife is been approved.
So what happen next guys since so far web cic web site says nothing . i'm from sri lanka, medical was done evidence done police report done. i sent all together ...

The lawyer says they probably does not have a interview for me is that true? i mean he says if they feel they wana interview me they let me know that what he saays i like to know more about this pls .

Also i have been to sg and stayed there more than 6months before two years ago. i dont know there police says they need a special letter from embassy original to apply for it . so Do i have to wait local embassy respond me about that with a letter ?

thanks guys

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010

gridhack

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2010
Doc's Request.
20-05-2010
File Transfer...
30-04-2010
Med's Done....
26-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2010
What happens next:
The whole application is sent to CHC-Colombo. This takes 2 weeks or so.
An I/O will examine the application and look for missing information. Any missing info, like police background checks will be requested. In my wife's case, they requested a copy of her National ID Card.

They will then send the package to another I/O to validate your relationship. They may request more documents here as well. They also may request an interview for relationship.

After the relationship check, they will do a background check. This takes some time as they get some third party to do this. They will do a security check and verify your work history etc. If you were in the military or government, they will do extra checking. They may ask for an interview here as well.

If all goes well they will ask for you passport. The typical wait is 8 months after they start processing.

I

iarblue

After they approved your wife they will send a letter stating this and they will issue you a client number,But as since you appointed a representative,he will now get all info to him.So you will have to ask your lawyer for the client number.
Once you have this then you can log on and see yur process processing

gridhack

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2010
Doc's Request.
20-05-2010
File Transfer...
30-04-2010
Med's Done....
26-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2010
For the interview question, I got this from MP Jim Karygiannis's web-site June 2009;

Information was provided to the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration to the question which I posed on March 3rd 2009 and I quote:

“What is the number of Tamil applicants from Sri Lanka in all immigration categories that are approved with one interview as opposed to those who undergo a second or third interview?”

The response which we got from the Department was pathetic. It could not provide us with accurate statistics so, it was decided that a sampling of 30 cases was going to address the question.

For Priority Family Class cases:

0 interview -1 case or 3.3% 1 interview - 12 cases of 40% 2 interviews -12 cases or 40% 3 interviews - 5 cases of 16.7%

The Department has failed to increase staffing in order to overcome the demand and to deal with the extra interviews which are requested.

lands

Jan 28, 2010
If the SL embassy request for a PC from Sg...read the below link on how you can obtain one..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp