+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Tasi2021

Aug 29, 2021
@legalfalcon Hello. I recently received an ADR request which was as such, Police Certificate: Please provide an original police clearance certificate updated since October, 2020. This must be received at this office by: 2022/04/03. I got my ITA on Nov 2020 and AOR on Dec 2020 and I submitted all the necessary PCC from the only 2 countries I have lived for more than 6 months which is my home country and current country of residence.
I haven't traveled to my home country since even before I submitted my application. I am unable to understand this line as no country has been specifically mentioned and I know that usually the required country is specifically mentioned. Could you please help me to understand where is the PCC actually required from?
Does it mean that incase I have lived in any country for more than 6 months during this period from submitting my application until now, i should give PCC for that country? please help!

Jules27

Oct 26, 2019
@legalfalcon Hello. I recently received an ADR request which was as such, Police Certificate: Please provide an original police clearance certificate updated since October, 2020. This must be received at this office by: 2022/04/03. I got my ITA on Nov 2020 and AOR on Dec 2020 and I submitted all the necessary PCC from the only 2 countries I have lived for more than 6 months which is my home country and current country of residence.
I haven't traveled to my home country since even before I submitted my application. I am unable to understand this line as no country has been specifically mentioned and I know that usually the required country is specifically mentioned. Could you please help me to understand where is the PCC actually required from?
Does it mean that incase I have lived in any country for more than 6 months during this period from submitting my application until now, i should give PCC for that country? please help!
We are in the exact same situation.our application was 2018 aor 20th August 2018 to be precise.we got our ITA and we submitted the application with the PCC of our country of residence. In 2020 they requested for the Pcc our current country of residence and we submitted it also.Now just this week we found out that criminality verification had expired in February. Till date we haven't gotten ADR but we went ahead and did another PCC of our current country of residence.We intend to include
the initial PCC submitted when we got ITA because we haven't gone back to the country since then.I just hope we can get clarification if we are doing the right thing.Good luck to all of us still hoping in the canada dream,hope it becomes a reality soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tasi2021

sumcando

Mar 16, 2019
Does one really need to get SIN when they are doing soft landing?
What can you not do without a SIN while you are not in CANADA?

Appreciate if someone can help.

Remicynt

Jan 10, 2020
@legalfalcon
Please I got an Adr for custody Documentation issued by the relevant judicial authority for my child. My self and my husband are very married and together. We applied as spouse unaccompanied. I am confused at what document ircc wants. We submited and transmitted Parents authorization to travel letter, my husband passport, my son birth certificate. Please I need more insights as I am still very confused.
I recently thought of sending Declaration form for minors travelling with a non accompanied spouse which we are working on getting it notarized, and a letter of explanation to inform them we are still married whixh I intend sending via webform.. I really need clarity plz..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Please I got an Adr for custody Documentation issued by the relevant judicial authority for my child. My self and my husband are very married and together. We applied as spouse unaccompanied. I am confused at what document ircc wants. We submited and transmitted Parents authorization to travel letter, my husband passport, my son birth certificate. Please I need more insights as I am still very confused.
I recently thought of sending Declaration form for minors travelling with a non accompanied spouse which we are working on getting it notarized, and a letter of explanation to inform them we are still married whixh I intend sending via webform.. I really need clarity plz..

If you are travelling with a minor, then you need consent from the non-accompanying parent. However, if the application is a PR application, then to you need to provide consent or a judicial document that you have absolute custody of the minor.

In your case, it seems IRCC is confused and you can send a letter of explanation with the Declaration form for minors travelling with a non accompanied spouse

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Does one really need to get SIN when they are doing soft landing?
What can you not do without a SIN while you are not in CANADA?

Appreciate if someone can help.
You will need a SIN to open a bank account, get a job, file taxes etc. Anything financial needs a SIN.

It is a quick process and you should get it done when you land. Even when you transfer funds, you will need a SIN.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I just had a question. My AOR is Feb 2021. I received a webform response recently saying that my background check is passed and my security is passed. My medical got extended on Feb 24, 2022. But then when I called ircc call center they said that my eligibility has not started.
Is it possible for security to be passed before eligibility? A lot of US applicants at Endmonton VO have the same status. So I was trying to understand how this is possible?
Thanks
BGC includes criminality, which usually happens early in the processing and security screening, which is usually the last stage. This is why the BGC status in your MyCIC account changes twice, to in progress, then to N/A, and then again to in progress.

Similarly, eligibility includes R10, which is the first stage, then a review by an analyst/assistant and then a final decision on eligibility by an officer.

To be sure if your eligibility is passed, you should refer to your GCMS notes to call IRCC to find.

To read on BGC / Security screening see https://bit.ly/32vssnS

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi @legalfalcon

I recently got my pr and about to land next month. After I land, I am thinking about applying for my parents visitor visa with family reunification terms and also mentioning the real reason for them to visit me to be to help me settle down and support me emotionally. I won't have a job most probably when i apply for them but my parents have good bank balance to sponsor their visit.

Now, there is a second option which is they are involved with an international charity organization. And this organization have international convention in different parts of the world. They are having the convention within next few months in Canada. So just like others they can also apply for visitor visa to take part in the convention.

Now, my question is which option would be comparatively better for them to have a greater chance to get their visit visa? thank you.

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
@legalfalcon

Good day,

FSW AOR Feb 2020.

1. Found out security is in process. After reviewing IC2 document i have a few questions about the process.

A. Does the IRCC officer decide if a record check or comprehensive check is required by CSIS/CBSA?

B. Does the IRCC officer set a due date for security check completion?

C. I have seen many people (outland applicants) clear security checks in a day/s. Is this because CBSA and CSIS are using automated databases and biometrics? I can't find any new literature about the automation of security checks.

D. Are security checks (record checks) now able to be completed in less than a month?
@legalfalcon can you please help

Cadlady

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
@legalfalcon please advise. I sent money to my sister in canada last year to help purchase CAD then when the exchange rate was fair. She will help sort out accomodation before I arrive and some few stuffs. If I travel and am asked proof of fund, how can I defend that? Since most of my funds is already in CAD in my sisters account.

Jules27

Oct 26, 2019
@legalfalcon Please would really appreciate if you can give any information about expired criminality verification and how to go about it right now am really confused.This application has been on for 3years and 6 months

Lifeisstuck

Mar 4, 2022
@legalfalcon
Thank you for your response. I am unable to connect with IRCC over the phone, I have ordered my GCMS notes, but I won't get it anytime soon.
This is the webform response I received:
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Nothing about my eligibility status is mentioned here. So I just wanted to know your opinion. If security has passed and medical extension is updated on the portal, then does that mean eligibility has passed?
Thanks

tony789456

Jun 16, 2017
@legalfalcon

Hi,

I'm traveling mid May. Fsw aor Oct 2018. Copr 2021 Dec.

I'm taking required POF.

*My question is as follows*

If I want to bring more funds from my home country into Canada after one or two months, what should I declare on the form when I make my landing in Canada? that how much money am I bringing in - will it be only the POF or also the additional money that I am expecting after one or two months

I have been told that I will need to pay taxes in Canada for any additional amounts that I bring into the country that I have not declared on that form upon landing.

(the funds I'm referring to will be inheritance money from my deceased mother - profit from the financial institutions will be credited into her account net of tax - then transferred to me - so I won't have any details if tax has been paid on it).

Regards,

Troponin

Nov 15, 2019
@legalfalcon
Sir, I badly need your suggestion. I submitted my PR application last year in TR to PR pathway. My application is not processed yet. last week, I noticed that on the back of my PCC (which is an empty page) was attested by the ministry of foreign affairs of my country. They attested my pcc on June 17-2021, but mistakenly stamped the date on May-17-2021. Once I noticed this I called the IRCC call centre and the agent was very rude. She kept telling me that "as of today IRCC has received an official document which is wrongfully dated". She was warning me. She wrote notes on my file. This is clearly a clerical error by the ministry and all the information on the front page is accurate. It's just the attestation date is wrong. This certificate can be verified online easily with the reference number printed on the certificate. What should I do now? Wait for the IRCC to communicate with me? Should I submit a new PCC through webform? Does it consider a misrepresentation? I am eagerly waiting for your suggestions. I and my family lost our peace and sleep after talking to the agent and praying that the IRCC does not take harsh decisions against us. Thanks so much!