+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

suzanne456

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
@legaleagle Hello, thank you, Please if you don't mind, I have a small question?

My brother recently got married to a Canadian citizen, he already has an application in process for PR since 2020 and had 478 points at that time.

1) Is there any scope to expedite his PR or the possibility of a work permit, because he needs to start supporting his wife? (His application wasn't converted to spousal sponsorship, but is still the same FSWP application from 2020)

2) He also has another problem where his visitor status is running out in march, can he stay back in Canada for awhile till his PR comes through citing family unification?

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Send a web form and request for exemption. You will have to provide supporting documentation and show why you cannot obtain the PCC.
Thank you @legalfalcon

I was able to prove why I am exempt and prove my exemplary background.

I was requested to provide a IMM5546 also.

Is this the last step in the process? Is it correct to assume that I have passed work experience eligibility since they are asking for this document?

If I failed work experience eligibility would they refuse mt application and not complete the process?

Or do they complete the entire process even if I have failed work experience eligibility?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon

I was able to prove why I am exempt and prove my exemplary background.

I was requested to provide a IMM5546 also.

Is this the last step in the process? Is it correct to assume that I have passed work experience eligibility since they are asking for this document?

If I failed work experience eligibility would they refuse mt application and not complete the process?

Or do they complete the entire process even if I have failed work experience eligibility?
Most processes are done together. Usually, eligibility and BGC happen together, and security happens after the eligibility is passed. To know that exact stage, refer to your GCMS notes.

Shagun1997

Feb 15, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon
I want to know about supervisa.
My mother has supervisa which is going to expire on 26 April 2022.
We are planning to book ticket in first week of march.
My lawyer is saying that she will get entry for 2 years at airport although visa is expiring in April, if she has new passport with her. (Old passport is also expiring on 26 April 2022).
My mother has her new passport.

my question is
Is it true that she will get entry for 2 years, as her visa is expiring in April 2022..

please reply.
Thanks in advance.

BrazenVader

Nov 5, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,
I submitted ATIP request for GCMS notes to CBSA on 17th of January 2022 at 2 PM PST. I have neither received GCMS, nor any notification of extension from CBSA till date (30 days even starting on 18th Jan were over on 17th February). I escalated this to the Chief Privacy Officer of CBSA yesterday.

Should I do anything more? CBSA usually communicated by 30 days. Is it worrying that they are not even sending a notification for extension?

harshrav

Feb 18, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon - Need your advice on probable wrong NOC selection:
Selected: NOC 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants ( But I think I fall under NOC 2172 - Database analysts and Administrators)

will my application get rejected?

Please let me know what I should do? I've read in some threads to submit a case-specific inquiry correcting the NOC code. Any idea what this letter should contain?

Is it advisable to hire an immigration consultant for this part?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon - Need your advice on probable wrong NOC selection:
Selected: NOC 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants ( But I think I fall under NOC 2172 - Database analysts and Administrators)

will my application get rejected?

Please let me know what I should do? I've read in some threads to submit a case-specific inquiry correcting the NOC code. Any idea what this letter should contain?

Is it advisable to hire an immigration consultant for this part?

What matters Is that the job duties of the NOC selected should match the job duties of the work reference letter. If they do, then no need to worry. If they do not, you can send a revised letter with an explanation and see if that helps.

As regards hiring a professional, hire an immigration lawyer. Whether you wish to hire one or not, that is your decision.

txlonghorn

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
There will be no problem, only that you will have to inform IRCC and send your US passport for your spouse if the citizenship change while the application is in progress. Since US citizens are visa exempt, you can then travel with only a COPR, without having to submit the passport for PR visa.

If you land and in Canada and then the citizenship is granted, then you do not have to inform as the application is closed.
@legalfalcon , I believe we're going to end up in an awkward situation where a PR visa is going to be issued in my wife's current EU passport following which (next week) she has a US citizenship interview. If she is approved and we obtain a US passport, can we land in Canada with her new US passport and the old COPR document? Does a new COPR need to be issued? Thank you very much.

Last edited:

tania22

Oct 24, 2021
@legalfalcon Can you please help shed light on the assessment on my gcms notes:
For PA: recommendation - review required , stat question and pending biometric- RCMP result
For Spouse: recommendation- Pass criminality pending biometric - RCMP Result

The assessment was by program assistant
Meanwhile please note that page 2 of note states: criminality- passed; info sharing - complete; eligibility- not started; security - not started; medical - passed

Thank you

Shagun1997

Feb 15, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon
@legalfalcon
I want to know about supervisa.
My mother has supervisa which is going to expire on 26 April 2022.
We are planning to book ticket in first week of march.
My lawyer is saying that she will get entry for 2 years at airport although visa is expiring in April, if she has new passport with her. (Old passport is also expiring on 26 April 2022).
My mother has her new passport.

my question is
Is it true that she will get entry for 2 years, as her visa is expiring in April 2022..

please reply.
Thanks in advance

cooky.sonu

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
@legalfalcon I need some help in this please, you have helped so many ppl, I can trust you , God bless you.

My spouse has sponsored me for spousal PR in Canada (applied in Nov-21, AOR received).

I hold a valid work permit and TRV (visa valid till 2025) and deciding to go to my home country due to some important reasons.
Am I allowed to travel outside Canada (for few weeks as my sister has given birth to a baby) and return to Canada while my PR application is in process. I research on the same but there are ambiguous answers, saying short period travel is allowed.

Please advise me, I really need your help. thank you.

AnurajAnnie

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Yesterday(Feb 21 2022) my husband who is a dependent applicant towards our CEC PR residing in India got his passport request.In the letter it is mentioned that he needs to send passport to vfs delhi only after the primary applicant(myself) received confirmation of permanent residence status). Today I have got the portal email saying PR application is approved.Is it considered as the confirmation of permanent residence status?or Do I need to wait until I get ECOPR? They have provided 60 days to submit the passport.I am not sure if we are okay to send it at this stage as I have received portal email confirming that the application is approved.Please help.