+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

KH2112

Dec 24, 2020
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Hope you feel better and get well soon.

There are two things that you need to be aware of.

1. Just by submitting a PR application, and if your WP / study permit expires, you DO NOT go on implied status. After your study permit expires, you have two options, apply for PGWP or BOWP (since your PR application has been submitted). Only when your application for a TRV is pending, and your current visa / permit has expired, only then you are deemed to be on implied status, until a decision on your TRV is made.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

2. As regards your Active TB. Having Active TB by itself does not make you medically inadmissible into Canada. You will have to take the medication for 6-9 months, usually soniazid (INH) rifampin (RIF) ethambutol (EMB) pyrazinamide (PZA), or a combination as prescribed by your physician.

Also, your PR application when approved, will place you under medical surveillance, and you will have to comply with all necessary surveillance requirements, including reporting to any public health authorities. See https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/tools/medic/physicians/documents/pdf/english.pdf

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/imei_tuberculosis.pdf
Dear @legalfalcon, thank you very much. I followed your instructions and my BOWP got approved for a whole year.
My treatment for tuberculosis is supposed to be ending at the end of January(CEC application in process). I just called my panel physician to confirm.
However, i received a message on my EE profile yesterday asking for results of my medical exams. They gave me 30 days to upload and there is now an additional upload field in my application. I am wondering why they would ask that when they know that my application still has around 2 months to go. Should i be uploading a written letter telling them that it is ending in more than 30 days? I would really appreciate your precious advice on that. Thanks.
See below for message from IRCC :

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Please note that we have not received all of the results of your medical examination. Please contact the Panel Physician who conducted your medical examination to ensure all required tests were completed and that there are no outstanding requirements left to complete.

Please upload proof that you have completed your medical examination(s) to your MyCIC account within 30 days from the date of this correspondence.

Click the following link for more information:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Thank you again for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

JT26903
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
The visa that is given to you is a one-time visa because as soon as your land and are admitted into Canda you will become PR and you do not need any visas to reenter.

The first PR card is automatically issued when you are admitted. At the port of entry when you are processed, the officer will ask you for an address where the PR card will be shipped to you. If you do not have one at that time, you can inform IRCC about the address using a web form.

PR card takes 3-6 weeks.

If you leave Canada before the PR card is issued you will have to apply for a PRTD to return to Canada see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html
Hi @legalfalcon
I was checking the details for PRTD, and one of the requirements to apply for PRTD is Residency Obligation as mentioned here. I don't meet the residency obligation as shown in this link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html#5529E2 as I haven't started living in Canada yet. So can I still apply for PRTD? I need to come back to the USA after applying for my PR card as I still work here. It will take some time for me to pack up and move.

Also, do I need a PR card even if I travel by road? If the second time I want to travel by road to pick up my PR card, is that allowed with just my CoPR letter ?

Thank you

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I was checking the details for PRTD, and one of the requirements to apply for PRTD is Residency Obligation as mentioned here. I don't meet the residency obligation as shown in this link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html#5529E2 as I haven't started living in Canada yet. So can I still apply for PRTD? I need to come back to the USA after applying for my PR card as I still work here. It will take some time for me to pack up and move.

Also, do I need a PR card even if I travel by road? If the second time I want to travel by road to pick up my PR card, is that allowed with just my CoPR letter ?

Thank you
If you are a PR, and have not received a PR card, and want to enter Canada by road, you can use your COPR. However, be advised that when you show up at the border, you will be referred to the secondary inspection and may have to wait until your status in Canada is verified.

If you plan to enter Canada on any commercial vehicle, be it Airplane, bus, train etc. you will need a PR card or PRTD.

As regards the requirements, if you just became a PR in the last 5 years, you do not have to show that you resided in Canada for 2 years since the 5 year period has not yet expired.

Reactions: yoshitaas

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon, thank you very much. I followed your instructions and my BOWP got approved for a whole year.
My treatment for tuberculosis is supposed to be ending at the end of January(CEC application in process). I just called my panel physician to confirm.
However, i received a message on my EE profile yesterday asking for results of my medical exams. They gave me 30 days to upload and there is now an additional upload field in my application. I am wondering why they would ask that when they know that my application still has around 2 months to go. Should i be uploading a written letter telling them that it is ending in more than 30 days? I would really appreciate your precious advice on that. Thanks.
See below for message from IRCC :

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Please note that we have not received all of the results of your medical examination. Please contact the Panel Physician who conducted your medical examination to ensure all required tests were completed and that there are no outstanding requirements left to complete.

Please upload proof that you have completed your medical examination(s) to your MyCIC account within 30 days from the date of this correspondence.

Click the following link for more information:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Thank you again for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

JT26903
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
If you were under TB treatment, you have to get in touch with your panel physician and upload the TB tests that you no longer have active or inactive TB. Most likely this is what IRCC is asking.

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
If you are a PR, and have not received a PR card, and want to enter Canada by road, you can use your COPR. However, be advised that when you show up at the border, you will be referred to the secondary inspection and may have to wait until your status in Canada is verified.

If you plan to enter Canada on any commercial vehicle, be it Airplane, bus, train etc. you will need a PR card or PRTD.

As regards the requirements, if you just became a PR in the last 5 years, you do not have to show that you resided in Canada for 2 years since the 5 year period has not yet expired.
Ok. Got it! Thank you
Also, the destination on my CoPR is written as Toronto, Ontario, but currently for PR card application, I want to land in Vancouver, BC as that is better for me. Can I land in a destination that is different from the one on my CoPR?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ok. Got it! Thank you
Also, the destination on my CoPR is written as Toronto, Ontario, but currently for PR card application, I want to land in Vancouver, BC as that is better for me. Can I land in a destination that is different from the one on my CoPR?
You can land at any airport, land border crossing, water entry etc. There is no requirement for landing in the destination listed on your COPR.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have applied for permanent residency under the FSW program, and is now currently waiting for the decision of my application (PPR). When I applied last year, I have no job offers, no PNP nominations, and no connections in Canada, just a plain FSW applicant who managed to get a high enough CRS score and get an ITA.

Recently though, I have been talking with a Canadian company who might be willing to sponsor a positive LMIA/work permit. That said, if the company managed to provide a positive LMIA, how would that affect my application? I mean how would I even update my application, since the application has already been sent last year without an LMIA? Would there be a chance of the application being expedited? Do I have to get a work permit? What normally happens if an outland applicant currently waiting for a PR decision, suddenly receives a positive LMIA? Thanks.

Last edited:

KH2112

Dec 24, 2020
If you were under TB treatment, you have to get in touch with your panel physician and upload the TB tests that you no longer have active or inactive TB. Most likely this is what IRCC is asking.
I got in touch with Panel Physician and they said that my treatment ends on 25th of January.

My question is what should i send to IRCC as they are asking for proof of completed medical exam within the next 30 days? They opened up a field in my profile to upload the doc. But my treatment is going to take longer than 30 days to finish(25th of February).

Thank you very much for your help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I got in touch with Panel Physician and they said that my treatment ends on 25th of January.

My question is what should i send to IRCC as they are asking for proof of completed medical exam within the next 30 days? They opened up a field in my profile to upload the doc. But my treatment is going to take longer than 30 days to finish(25th of February).

Thank you very much for your help.
You can get a letter to this effect from your panel physician and upload it with your LoE.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have applied for permanent residency under the FSW program, and is now currently waiting for the decision of my application (PPR). When I applied last year, I have no job offers, no PNP nominations, and no connections in Canada, just a plain FSW applicant who managed to get a high enough CRS score and get an ITA.

Recently though, I have been talking with a Canadian company who might be willing to sponsor a positive LMIA/work permit. That said, if the company managed to provide a positive LMIA, how would that affect my application? I mean how would I even update my application, since the application has already been sent last year without an LMIA? Would there be a chance of the application being expedited? Do I have to get a work permit? What normally happens if an outland applicant currently waiting for a PR decision, suddenly receives a positive LMIA? Thanks.
If you get a job or an LMIA it will have to impact your PR application and you do not have to update it and neither is there anything to update.

Only after you move to Canada, you have to update your address.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
If you get a job or an LMIA it will have to impact your PR application and you do not have to update it and neither is there anything to update.

Only after you move to Canada, you have to update your address.
Thanks for your response, please let me know if my understanding is correct:

1. Inform IRCC I got a positive LMIA via webfrom.
2. Apply as a TFW which is separate from my current PR application.
3. Once I arrive in Canada as a TFW, inform IRCC again via webform about my new Canadian address.

Or I don't have to do #1? Would the TFW be automatically linked to my PR application?