Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Can you please share that how much time does security and criminality take, If eligibility is passed.
Criminality is done early in the process, based on your PCCs and the biometrics you provide which are evaluated by RCMP. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Security is usually the last stage and as per the security screening manual, it takes 110 days, and of the application is under comprehensive security screening, it can take even longer. To read on security and the security screening manual, see https://bit.ly/3DOCxts

Reactions: Amiz

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon ...Last week, I have got my eCopr. I had raised the request for my WP extension with my company as well while my PR application was in progress. After I got my eCopr, I have asked my company's visa team to cancel my WP extension request, but it hasn't been cancelled yet by my company. The reason being the visa team of my company is really slow at work, and even though I have dropped them a couple of mails, no action has been taken so far. I am not sure if company has already filed for the WP extension application or not. In case the company has filed for WP extension before/after I got my eCopr, will it have any negative impact on my PR status?
as soon as your receive a eCOPR, all opening visa applications, extensions are cancelled on their own as you are a PR now and do not need a visa or permit.

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@legalfalcon

I am a FSW applicant with AOR Nov 2020. My wife is 12 week pregnant now and our 1st medicals have expired already.
Should i just wait for re-medical request / extension without informing IRCC about the pregnancy? or should I disclose the pregnancy with IRCC?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I am a FSW applicant with AOR Nov 2020. My wife is 12 week pregnant now and our 1st medicals have expired already.
Should i just wait for re-medical request / extension without informing IRCC about the pregnancy? or should I disclose the pregnancy with IRCC?
You cannot add a child to your application unless the child is born. Informing now would not make any difference.

If your meds have expired, then wait for IRCC to contact you so that you can be sent an IME number by IRCC which is attached to your application and when you get your meds done, they are assessed and updated on your account.

If you get your meds done on your own, it may take considerable amount of time for IRCC to update with the IME you provide.

Reactions: Ahamed06

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
@legalfalcon

@Ahamed06 Informing IRCC is of no harm and will not impact your application either. However, you will have to get your child added to the current application, which can happen only after birth. Also, since your family composition will be changing, even if a COPR is issued, you will need to inform IRCC and get it reissued.

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@Ahamed06 Informing IRCC is of no harm and will not impact your application either. However, you will have to get your child added to the current application, which can happen only after birth. Also, since your family composition will be changing, even if a COPR is issued, you will need to inform IRCC and get it reissued.
Thank you. Btw what do you mean by change in family composition. Should i still need to inform IRCC, even if we get COPR before child birth?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Thank you. Btw what do you mean by change in family composition. Should i still need to inform IRCC, even if we get COPR before child birth?
The birth of a child leads to a change in the number of family members (this is known as change in family composition). Since your medical exam has already expired, IRCC will issue a COPR only if they decide to extend the previous exam or after you take a new medical exam. There is no need to inform IRCC till birth; after informing IRCC, they will require to submit the bc, passport and medical exam for the child within 30 days.

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
These are notes by a case analyst and as per them, everything is in order. After an officer reviews them, your eligibility will be conclusively passed and security will be initiated.
But there are two review required sections in the second screenshot. Wondering if they will reach out to me or just reject it :\

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
But there are two review required sections in the second screenshot. Wondering if they will reach out to me or just reject it :\
Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Reactions: bluehorse

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Until a baby is born, you cannot add the child to your application. If you inform now, it will only create confusion. If you receive a COPR before your child is born, you can land in Canada and become a PR. However, even if you have received a COPR and before you land, if your baby is born, you will have to inform IRCC and add your baby to the application.

IRCC will cancel your cOPR, reopen the application and after adding the baby, issue new COPRs.

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
Hi Legalfalcon

Thanks you for all you advice.

Now last time I I need your advise.

I have messaged you on 21st November with the heading of "Dikku"

Please have a look and reply me.

Thanks

Trisha Kundu

Jul 10, 2017
@legalfalcon I am planning to travel to India because of family emergency. I haven’t received my PR card yet and my COPR is about to expire on 11/30/21. So when I try to return from India will my PRTD be rejected if COPR expires? I am an inland applicant and received COPr on Nov 17, 2021.

Aki08

Jan 14, 2021
I have submitted my documents and got my Aor , but forgot to mention two things in my wife personal history

1 - her internship during MBA time
2 - Her job which she did for 10 days and not got paid
⁩ any suggestions on this on how to go ahead
?

pjames

Sep 21, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon, My AOR is of March 2020 (FSW Outland), as per GCMS notes my application is in the category 'CPCO COVID RFV' group and is approved. However, my medicals expired in Feb 2021(no update regarding the same in GCMS notes or profile), Further, my passport is expiring in October 2022, and I was thinking of renewing my passport before a remedical request comes or PPR is issued.

Is it fine if I get a new passport and inform IRCC through webform and submit both old and new passport if and whenever I get PPR? Will submitting new passport for stamping despite receiving PPR based on old passport details on record with IRCC cause any issue????

Please help. Thank you :)