+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Dear @legalfalcon
If someone’s MP happens to be an Immigration Minister is that possible to ask him for help during the delay? Like being EE inland after a year post AOR with just R10 done with zero movement on your file?
Thanks!

tph058

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

I have a question about the PR card photo and hope to have your advice. I submitted my PR card photo on the portal for review. However, I am only scanning the front face of the photo (not the backside). May I ask if I have to resubmit my photo? If it is, can you please advise me on how to do it?. Furthermore, where can I find the condition that is required for the scanned photos as I couldn't find them on the official government website? Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon
If someone’s MP happens to be an Immigration Minister is that possible to ask him for help during the delay? Like being EE inland after a year post AOR with just R10 done with zero movement on your file?
Thanks!
The MP can only obtain your info and not expedite the process. Also contains an MP has no impact on your application.

Here is my old post on the this:

An MP inquiry is not a right, rather it is a privilege given to the Member of Parliament to obtain your personal information from a federal agency.

Section 8 of the Privacy act states:

Disclosure of personal information
  • 8 (1) Personal information under the control of a government institution shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be disclosed by the institution except in accordance with this section.

Where personal information may be disclosed

(2) Subject to any other Act of Parliament, personal information under the control of a government institution may be disclosed
    (a) ...
  • (b) ...
  • (c) ...
  • (d) ...
  • (e) ...
  • (f) ...
  • (g) to a member of Parliament for the purpose of assisting the individual to whom the information relates in resolving a problem;

They can obtain your information from any federal agency within 24-48 hours. However, beyond this they cannot do anything.

If your MP is a Minister of Immigration, try contacting him and see. All the best!

Reactions: upon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I have a question about the PR card photo and hope to have your advice. I submitted my PR card photo on the portal for review. However, I am only scanning the front face of the photo (not the backside). May I ask if I have to resubmit my photo? If it is, can you please advise me on how to do it?. Furthermore, where can I find the condition that is required for the scanned photos as I couldn't find them on the official government website? Thank you.
There are no specific instructions as such. Do you best to get a proper scan. Alternatively you can ask your photo studio to give you a digital format of the pic.

Reactions: tph058

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I’m currently in Canada waiting for my PR card. I already have my e-CoPR provided by the PR confirmation portal.

I have a trip to mexico next friday but I still don’t have my PR card. I was thinking on changing my return flight so that I fly from mexico to Buffalo and then I drive to the Canada-US border. So, I was wondering if I return to canada by the Canada-US border with only my passport and e-CoPR, would I have any problems? I just want to make sure I can come back to Canada.

Thank you so much, any help would be greatly appreciated!
You can enter Canada via land border in a non-commercial vehicle. When you report at the PoE, you will be examined and after verification, allowed to enter Canada.

ishanarorase

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
MONTRÉAL
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
@legalfalcon @legalfalconindia I raised a webform few days back and today i got the below reply.
Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that your enquiry has been received by the Migration Section, Client Service Unit, in India.
Does that mean that my webform has reached to visa office and will be considered. ?

Ram465

Oct 28, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

I applied my PR application in TR2PR IG on May 6th. I linked my application 4 weeks ago but didn't get an AOR. I am mainly worried that a mistake I made in my Study Permit application will impact my current PR application. I did not add my own brother's details in the family form imm5406 in my study permit app. However, to rectify my mistake and be honest, I added his details in the PR app family info form.
My bro came to Canada after me, In his study permit app he was asked to fill imm5707 which does not have place to fill sibling details. So he did not fill my details either.

What are the chances of rejection of my PR app due to this....? Is this mistake considered as Misrepresentation...?
Can I send a LOE webform now, that I forgot to enter my details and so I filled those details in my PR app now? or should I leave it to the officer's decision and wait for procedural fairness letter if they send any?
Please help me clear my questions. Greatly Appreciate your help.
Thank you.

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

Is it possible to get the information submitted from a 5 year old TRV application from IRCC?
GCMS shed some light but it doesn't have all the submitted info including the additional family history and so on. How to request the copy of the submitted data/information that is part of an application

Please let me know

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon @legalfalconindia I raised a webform few days back and today i got the below reply.
Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that your enquiry has been received by the Migration Section, Client Service Unit, in India.
Does that mean that my webform has reached to visa office and will be considered. ?
YEs. This is a confirmation that your webform has been received.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I applied my PR application in TR2PR IG on May 6th. I linked my application 4 weeks ago but didn't get an AOR. I am mainly worried that a mistake I made in my Study Permit application will impact my current PR application. I did not add my own brother's details in the family form imm5406 in my study permit app. However, to rectify my mistake and be honest, I added his details in the PR app family info form.
My bro came to Canada after me, In his study permit app he was asked to fill imm5707 which does not have place to fill sibling details. So he did not fill my details either.

What are the chances of rejection of my PR app due to this....? Is this mistake considered as Misrepresentation...?
Can I send a LOE webform now, that I forgot to enter my details and so I filled those details in my PR app now? or should I leave it to the officer's decision and wait for procedural fairness letter if they send any?
Please help me clear my questions. Greatly Appreciate your help.
Thank you.
Under the law you have an obligation to be truthful:

16(1) of IRPA: A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
If you file any application with IRCC, TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application or future applications, and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason why you omitted the information or the reason for the inconsistency has to be provided. If you have provided and corrected, then there is no need to be concerned.

The law is clear, while applications for different types of status engage different considerations, it does not necessarily flow that statements made in temporary residence applications cannot affect subsequent permanent residence applications (or vice versa). In Suri v. Canada, the court found that the Officer’s concerns vis-à-vis the contradictions between the Applicants’ temporary and permanent applications were reasonable and based on that the applicant's misrepresentation ban was upheld.

Federal courts have ruled on this numerous times.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>
Suri v. Canada available at http://canlii.ca/t/grvwt

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Is it possible to get the information submitted from a 5 year old TRV application from IRCC?
GCMS shed some light but it doesn't have all the submitted info including the additional family history and so on. How to request the copy of the submitted data/information that is part of an application

Please let me know
You will have to request the entire application record. IF it is for a TRV and was filed on paper at a visa office outside Canada, IRCC is not currently able to retrieve these documents and is seeking extensions of 365 days.

However, the electronic records are available though requesting GCMS.

You can either request it yourself if you are a PR or in Canada.

Alternatively, you can request "GCMS+". from GET GCMS.

https://getgcms.com