+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
You will have to request the entire application record. IF it is for a TRV and was filed on paper at a visa office outside Canada, IRCC is not currently able to retrieve these documents and is seeking extensions of 365 days.

However, the electronic records are available though requesting GCMS.

You can either request it yourself if you are a PR or in Canada.

Alternatively, you can request "GCMS+". from GET GCMS.

https://getgcms.com
Thanks so much for your response. Does GCMS+ give the info about the entire application record including all the information submitted? Please let me know

Also does requesting records of an old application affect anything or raise any eyebrows at IRCC?

Last edited:

Aktars

Feb 14, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon,
I am Canadian citizen. I am filling form IMM 0006 to invite my sister (extended family member) for 1 week to attend my wedding in December. Length of stay is less than 15 days. Question 1. Will we face any issues or should we choose more than 15 days option in the form.
Question 2.My sister's husband and children will also travel with her. Do I need to fill any form for them ?

Will really appreciate your answers. Thanks in advance for helping this community.
Best wishes

xtremenet2021

Jan 17, 2021
If your spouse does not want to become a PR, you still have to submit your spouse's documents. All family members have to be processed for criminality, medicals and security irrespective of whether they are accompanying or not. When you submit the documents you can inform IRCC that your spouse is non-accompanying.
Hello again @legalfalcon
I applied as a federal skilled worker. Shall my wife do IELTS, WES evaluation, submitting work experience, show proof of funds?

Typically, what sort of documents do IRCC ask for my wife when I am married after

Best Regards,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello again @legalfalcon
I applied as a federal skilled worker. Shall my wife do IELTS, WES evaluation, submitting work experience, show proof of funds?

Typically, what sort of documents do IRCC ask for my wife when I am married after

Best Regards,
If you have already submitted your application, and then you got married and adding your spouse, your spouse does not have to do IELTS, ECA etc.

However, PoF will now be required for 2 people, unless the PoF you provided earlier already had enough funds for a family of 2.

The documents you have to submit are:

1. An IMM8 Application
2. Schedule A form for spouse
3. Additional Family Information form for primary applicant and spouse.
4. Fee receipt for spouse - Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490).
5. Birth Certificate of spouse, translation, and affidavit of translation (if applicable)
6. Copy of Spouse's Passport
7. Copy of marriage certificate and marriage registration
8. Wedding Card and Photographs
9. Police clearance certificate for the primary applicant and spouse
10. Spouse's upfront medical
11. Letter of Explanation (If required)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,
I am Canadian citizen. I am filling form IMM 0006 to invite my sister (extended family member) for 1 week to attend my wedding in December. Length of stay is less than 15 days. Question 1. Will we face any issues or should we choose more than 15 days option in the form.
Question 2.My sister's husband and children will also travel with her. Do I need to fill any form for them ?

Will really appreciate your answers. Thanks in advance for helping this community.
Best wishes
The emergency orders have expired and the borders are open. So not sure what you are filling in IMM 0006

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks so much for your response. Does GCMS+ give the info about the entire application record including all the information submitted? Please let me know

Also does requesting records of an old application affect anything or raise any eyebrows at IRCC?
GCMS+ provides you with the GCMS notes and a copy of your application, all supporting documents and any correspondence sent and received from IRCC subject to any redactions under the law.

Newby2020

Nov 15, 2020
@legalfalcon,
Kindly assist to clarify, I will be most grateful. I applied for TRV to travel to Canada with my family in 2017 with me as PA and was refused based on 1. Travel history and insufficient funds. Now my spouse has submitted PR application as PA but she answered no to the question on previous refusal( our assumption was that she was not PA at the time, also she did not receive any letter from IRCc but I received a letter addressed to me with a UCI no). Meanwhile I answered yes to the question now on her pr application and attached the refusal letter to my LOE. Do you think she also should have answered yes even though not PA at the time? Will appreciate your response. Thank you

xtremenet2021

Jan 17, 2021
If you have already submitted your application, and then you got married and adding your spouse, your spouse does not have to do IELTS, ECA etc.

However, PoF will now be required for 2 people, unless the PoF you provided earlier already had enough funds for a family of 2.

The documents you have to submit are:

1. An IMM8 Application
2. Schedule A form for spouse
3. Additional Family Information form for primary applicant and spouse.
4. Fee receipt for spouse - Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490).
5. Birth Certificate of spouse, translation, and affidavit of translation (if applicable)
6. Copy of Spouse's Passport
7. Copy of marriage certificate and marriage registration
8. Wedding Card and Photographs
9. Police clearance certificate for the primary applicant and spouse
10. Spouse's upfront medical
11. Letter of Explanation (If required)
Thanks again @legalfalcon

-1- If my wife don't want the PR, the same above documents shall be submitted?

-2- Are they likely to schedule an interview since I added my wife? Or interviews mainly for the family based applications not for economic applications?

-3- Will they be concerned on submitting so many evidence that our marriage is genuine? Or photographs are only enough?

Thanks so much

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks again @legalfalcon

-1- If my wife don't want the PR, the same above documents shall be submitted?

-2- Are they likely to schedule an interview since I added my wife? Or interviews mainly for the family based applications not for economic applications?

-3- Will they be concerned on submitting so many evidence that our marriage is genuine? Or photographs are only enough?

Thanks so much

1. Irrespective of whether a dependent is accompanying or not, they all have to be admissible for medicals, security and criminally and have to submit the documents listed.

2. It is at the discretion of an officer.

3. It is at the discretion of an officer.

Daisyl&

Jun 11, 2021
Hello everyone
Please i have an enquiry
@legalfalcon
I recently raised a webform to inform ircc of my marriage and to add my spouse to my application and i added all this documents to the webform and i still got this message
How do i reply this message?
Or do i ignore it?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope you will find this information helpful.

Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

ishanarorase

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
MONTRÉAL
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello everyone
Please i have an enquiry
@legalfalcon
I recently raised a webform to inform ircc of my marriage and to add my spouse to my application and i added all this documents to the webform and i still got this message
Or do i ignore it?

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.

Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

After how many days of raising a webform you got this reply ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone
Please i have an enquiry
@legalfalcon
Or do i ignore it?

Useful tips

Send the documents to IRCC by webform.