Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have applied for PGWP from India in Dec 2020 and have been waiting ever since. My wife has gone to Canada recently to study. It has been 9+ months since I applied but the last update I got was for biometrics in March 2021. I do not want to stay away from wife for very long. What can we do to not live separated for extended amount of time?
For PGWP you have to meet all the eligibility criteria. Make sure you meet that.

Also, if a decision has not test been made, IRCC is recommending that you re-apply. see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

You can apply for a SOWP.

Reactions: shortybhavz

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,
I applied as a PNP (Outland nominee) and in my e-APR, I didn’t include something known as Schedule 4 (Form: IMM 0008E). The e-APR never actually asked for it either. But I did include my nomination certificate.
I wasn’t aware of this schedule 4 until I read somewhere on a forum.
do you think it’s prudent to raise a web form and send the document to IRCC?

again - thank you for your time!
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_4e.pdf
You only have to provide what is asked. Only if IRCC asks for any additional forms, then you can submit them.

Reactions: Chernobyl

Jaspreer

Aug 25, 2021
Read the instructions and if in doubt contact the website.
Thank you for your advise. I couldnt find any instructions and nothing on the website. I have sent the form via email quoting my tracking number. Please advise if this suffice or if i should request new notes.

thank you so much, really appreciate all your help.
Best,
Jaspreet

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
@legalfalcon Dear legalfalcon, Thank you very much for your generous help and I really appreciate the time you spent answering my questions. I have two questions about the following webform reply that I received.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to a high volume of enquiries related to the crisis in Afghanistan, we have needed to shift resources in our Client Support Centre. This will impact our ability to respond to some of your enquiries.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:
  • Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)
  • Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)
  • Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)
  • Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers
  • Changes in contact information
  • Requests to withdraw an application or refunds
If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.
If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly. "

1. Does that mean that my webform was ignored along with the documents attached? Do I have to send another webform in this regard?
2. On the other hand, I still have not yet recieved a reply from another webform that I sent ( also with documents). Can I still assume that the webform has been recieved?

Thank you once again for your time and your valuable opinion
Hi @jeffrey Yip I just submitted a webform with attachment to notify them about change in marital status. However, I was expecting that I would get a typical do not reply or automatic message from cic. Did you receive one immediately after raising a webform? How long did it take for them to respond to your webform?

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
For PGWP you have to meet all the eligibility criteria. Make sure you meet that.

Also, if a decision has not test been made, IRCC is recommending that you re-apply. see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

You can apply for a SOWP.
Thank you so much for the help. You are really updated with the latest news. I read the contents on the link you provided and noticed one thing. The title of the page says that this is for Visitor Visa Applications.

Is this also valid for PGWP applications (Outside Canada)? If yes, would all the progress made on my profile will be lost?

I have already completed my biometrics and medical checkup. The only thing remaining is PPR. Should I really risk it and start and application again?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon, please can u help me ?

I received a ghost update on November 5th. no change in my profile. what do you think this means?

Aor 22 Sep
Mep 29 oct.
Bio: exempt. I made it since march 2019
Gu: November 5

on 5 October my bcg status changed from "not applicable" to "we are processing your background, we will send you a message ..."
A ghost update signifies a movement in your application which can be as mundane as updating a data for transferring a file to another VO, or a major one such as passing of a stage or a decision being made.

To know what triggered the GU, send a webform or request your GCMs notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much for the help. You are really updated with the latest news. I read the contents on the link you provided and noticed one thing. The title of the page says that this is for Visitor Visa Applications.

Is this also valid for PGWP applications (Outside Canada)? If yes, would all the progress made on my profile will be lost?

I have already completed my biometrics and medical checkup. The only thing remaining is PPR. Should I really risk it and start and application again?
This policy if only for Visitor visa applications and not PGWP or any other TRV.

Alphy121

Apr 1, 2021

Bro , when did you done your medical. Was it this month

chameleonimmigrant

Mar 24, 2019
Hi there. I got my citizenship certificate in the mail last week, but ircc still didn't update it on their portal. So, when I went to service canada to apply for my passport, they don't accept the application, because once the barcodes at the back of the certificate are scanned, they cannot "validate the data match". What can I do? Already contacted ircc and service canada, and nobody seems to respond and I have travel coming up on September 17.

brightburn

Jun 3, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I hope you are doing great. Can you please help me with the below questions?

I had 2 applications running in parallel through Express entry under CEC, which I had submitted one after another.
(I thought one application may reject, so I can have a secondary application as backup).

Both applications have a minimum of 3 months of gap.

1st Application AOR 23rd April 2021
2nd Application AOR 10th August 2021

Now my question is,

1.As I received eCOPR for my first application, waiting for a PR card now. Can I withdraw my 2nd CEC PR application by raising a web form?
Or

Let IRCC start the process for 2nd application, while doing so they will come to know that this person is already on a PR. And then they will ask me to withdraw 2nd one?

2.As 2nd application has not even started, meaning my UCI number is still starts with CANXXXXXX. I believe even R10 has not started.
Will I get full refund? RPRF fees and the processing fees?

Thanks a lot for the help you have been doing.
1. You can withdraw and ask for a refund of the RPRF. If you do not, it will be closed accordingly anyway by IRCC as you are already a PR.

2. Most likely yes.

Thanks a lot, Sir.

But withdrawing 2nd application or having 2nd application running in parallel will not impact my PR status by any means right?

A little bit sceptical and worried at the same time.

Hello @legalfalcon, Now I am seeing my 2nd Application got updated with my original UCI number, and our biometrics got updated as well.

Does this mean they have started to process the 2nd application? And did not look that I am already a PR holder from 1st Application?

Last edited:

jeffrey Yip

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
This is the generic reply to all webforms. Just give it some days and see if you receive any response. If not, you will have to send the documents again.
@legalfalcon Thank you so much for your reply. It took about one month to receive this generic reply. And I have not yet received any further response after. Should I wait for another month? Thank you in advance for your advice.

MRW

Jan 22, 2021
My husband applied for his PGWP from outside Canada in December 2020 and he is still waiting for the same. I flew to Canada on my study permit recently. What are his options to get reunited with me in Canada?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So if someone who has applied their PGWP from outside Canada before September 7th (not TRV), are there any options for them?
Request your GCMS notes and see where your application stands, based on that contact IRCC.