Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Gcms Notes free for EVERYONE starting July 14, 2022

The right to be given access to personal information under subsection 12(1) of the Privacy Act is extended to include all individuals outside Canada to whom that right has not been extended previously.

The Extension Order will allow foreign nationals, regardless of their location, to request access to their personal information held by federal government institutions.

Foreign nationals abroad will also be able to exercise the rights under subsection 12(2) of the Privacy Act, such as the right to request correction of their personal information where it is believed there is an error or omission in the information, as these rights flow from the right of access. Foreign nationals abroad will also benefit from having the right to engage the Privacy Commissioner of Canada with respect to the exercise of their right of access and any of the rights under subsection 12(2).

Extending universal access to personal information holdings brings Canada's privacy regime closer in line with major trading partners, such as the European Union and the United Kingdom. This alignment will facilitate the exchange of personal information between Canadian-based firms and firms based in those regions.

Gayatriwilb

Sep 10, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon.. We have submitted a PR application for which we received a response from IRCC asking to confirm if we are currently in Canada. In our application, the primary applicant is in Canada but whereas the secondary applicants (My daughter and I) are in India. If we respond to IRCC stating the current locations, will our application processing go on hold? We are hoping for a situation where the primary applicant can get his PR approved and stamped in Canada while the secondary applicants can have our passports sent to the our local office in India and have it stamped. Is this what will happen or will we have issues, please help us with your inputs. That will be great. Thank You

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon.. We have submitted a PR application for which we received a response from IRCC asking to confirm if we are currently in Canada. In our application, the primary applicant is in Canada but whereas the secondary applicants (My daughter and I) are in India. If we respond to IRCC stating the current locations, will our application processing go on hold? We are hoping for a situation where the primary applicant can get his PR approved and stamped in Canada while the secondary applicants can have our passports sent to the our local office in India and have it stamped. Is this what will happen or will we have issues, please help us with your inputs. That will be great. Thank You
You have to answer truthfully - whether or not it will affect anything.

On a lighter note, I think it doesn't matter anymore as there's been loads of PPRs issued to CECs with outland dependents in recent weeks. There's no need to be worried about delays.

Last edited:

Pupq

Aug 1, 2021
@ Legalfalcon,
Hi, your advise is needed pls,
my application is in progress( security not started - is the status)
Now, I resigned from my work in June... I’m out of job for now, should I inform IRCC? What are the implications?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
@ Legalfalcon,
Now, I resigned from my work in June... I’m out of job for now, should I inform IRCC? What are the implications?
I don't think you need to.

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi Legalfalcon,

Below is my timeline for AIPP PR. Do you have any idea about next process or when can I expect PR or my spouse name to be relect on my gckey

AR: June 2020
AOR: Feb 2021
ADR: submitted April 13 2021
Medical passed: April 15 2021
Spouse docs sent: May 04 2021
No update since then.

Thanks in advance.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
@legalfalcon : my request sent via webform to obtain status of my application has been denied by IRCC due to my email id associated with “numerous clients”. The fact is I have 2 PR applications and I use same email id for both. But I don’t think the system can’t distinguish if both cases pertain to same person or not. So IRCC is protecting my privacy by not providing info of my application to me. What can I do in this case.

I recall you are member on a committee related to ATIP Act. You may also find it interesting that when I generate requests under ATIP, I receive mixed up info of both of my applications. I think IRCC’s system is not updated to handle 2 applications of the same candidate simultaneously. Can I take it with privacy & information commissioner?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@ Legalfalcon,
Answered it on another thread.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

Below is my timeline for AIPP PR. Do you have any idea about next process or when can I expect PR or my spouse name to be relect on my gckey

AR: June 2020
AOR: Feb 2021
ADR: submitted April 13 2021
Medical passed: April 15 2021
Spouse docs sent: May 04 2021
No update since then.

Thanks in advance.
Your AOR is Feb 2021. Most likely your eligibility should have been passed or recommended passed.

Send a webform or request your GCMS notes to see what stage your application is at.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon : my request sent via webform to obtain status of my application has been denied by IRCC due to my email id associated with “numerous clients”. The fact is I have 2 PR applications and I use same email id for both. But I don’t think the system can’t distinguish if both cases pertain to same person or not. So IRCC is protecting my privacy by not providing info of my application to me. What can I do in this case.

I recall you are member on a committee related to ATIP Act. You may also find it interesting that when I generate requests under ATIP, I receive mixed up info of both of my applications. I think IRCC’s system is not updated to handle 2 applications of the same candidate simultaneously. Can I take it with privacy & information commissioner?
When you say you receive mixed info, what do you mean by that?

IF IRCC doe snot disclose your personal info, you can sure file a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner.

Reactions: Princes2020

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Documents set for review: CLIENT INFORMATION

@legalfalcon

I have two questions
1)Based on the below assessment.do I need to worry about anything?
2)Once the client information document is reviewed by the Case office then only the eligibility gets passed in the below section. Is my understanding correct

Eligibility : passed
crim : passed
med:passed
info: complete
sec: blanck
AOR : DEC 2020

gshin89

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I see that you are very knowledgeable about visa so I was hoping I could ask you couple questions and get your advise.

I am happy to pay if that's the condition.

So my story is I am offshore, made ee as single and got noi from OINP. I submitted my documents yesterday. FYI ee was created about 10 months ago.

On intention to settle in Ontario letter, I did mention I would like to bring my gf once I get settled. I have finally convinced her enough so she might be interested in coming.

Now my question is, can I add her to my pr application?

My worry is that if I get married now and tell ontario I have a spouse, my ee point will decrease to below the minimum slurs for my draw on 27th July, so they might say I am not eligible anymore.

I read on other threads that I should wait for positive nomination and then add her when applying pr, but that would mean modifying ee and I am scared the nomination will be voided.

So what's the best course of action here for me? Also will adding spouse increase the time of processing? She has no ielts or education Accredited by Wes but probably get diploma at most, so adding her will definitely decrease my points.