+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

jlyw09

Aug 3, 2021
If a decision on the PFL has been made, then your application should move. However, it seems that no decision has been made. Have you request your GCMS notes and if yes, do you see any note with regard to the PFL?
Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, we ordered the GCMS notes. We saw a note on May 14 2020 which was when they sent the PFL. We then see a note on May 22 2020 with the following text:
Received: pfl response see incoming assigned to officer

We were not able to find any other notes regarding PFL. Is there anyway to move forward with this?

Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, we ordered the GCMS notes. We saw a note on May 14 2020 which was when they sent the PFL. We then see a note on May 22 2020 with the following text:
Received: pfl response see incoming assigned to officer

We were not able to find any other notes regarding PFL. Is there anyway to move forward with this?

Thanks.
As per the notes, a decision on the PFL has not been made. What is the date of generation of your GCMS notes. See the bottom of any page.

jlyw09

Aug 3, 2021
As per the notes, a decision on the PFL has not been made. What is the date of generation of your GCMS notes. See the bottom of any page.
The GCMS notes were generated on July 17, 2021. Should we supplement with any additional documents or is it just a matter of waiting? The concern is that it has been over 14 months since we provided the PFL response.

Thanks,

Rk86

Sep 17, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon my mother's visitor visa is valid till Jan 2022 so as her passport. We have now renewed her passport, could you please advise if I have to apply for a fresh visitors visa or we can renew her existing visitor visa? Kindly advise on the next steps we can do on this.

Rahuljoshi

Jul 12, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Is it a good idea to upload the COVID vaccination proof via a webform so that IRCC is aware of the same. I am fully vaccinated and hence the question.

@legalfalcon : Any thoughts on the same? Even though IRCC has not asked this, can we go ahead and inform IRCC about it? Do you see any benefits of doing this in terms of the processing of PR application?
@legalfalcon : Any thoughts on this please?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon my mother's visitor visa is valid till Jan 2022 so as her passport. We have now renewed her passport, could you please advise if I have to apply for a fresh visitors visa or we can renew her existing visitor visa? Kindly advise on the next steps we can do on this.
If you renewed the passport, all valid visas in the expired passport remain valid. When you travel you will have to carry both, the expired passport with the valid visa and the new passport.

gshin89

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,

Is medicals and background check for student visa same as medical and background check?

I applied for studnet visa before getting nomination so was wondering if I have to redo medical and also if they dig further for pr.

I do have dui charge from 5 years ago which I applied for rehabilitation and got confirmation it is in process. Will that cause issues until they give out confirmation of rehabilitation from Canadian government?

Thank you again

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon I got my GCMS notes today.
As per last few pages in Notes -1 (Last updated date) - 9/10/2020. Label - Client enquiry. Text - Enquiry received via GCMS provided report via call centre/web form. **Review required** Indian police clearances * 2 provided.
Notes-2
Recommendation : A11.2 : Met, R87 : Appears to meet, R75 : Appears to Meet, etc..
Notes -3
Updated date - 28/09/2020
Label - Admin/Criminality
Text - ***Agent review*** Police certificates R10 ok; no A36 concerns evident. Criminality not passed due to biometrics pending.
(Gave biometrics on 25-2-21 when VFS opened in India…. Now, Criminality is shown as passed in Notes but security - Not started.
My query is that is my PCC passed and ok or will they ask again… As per notes, no update on my file since oct’20.

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi @legalfalcon
I got my GcMS notes today. Can you please help me out to find the office where my file is being processed.. There are 3 secondary offices coming on page-2 & 3.
S. office -1
Operation support centre (Primary - N)
S. Office -2
CPC Ottawa (Primary - Y)
S. Office -3
CPC Edmonton (Primary - N)
Updated date on all these offices is 14/06/21. Does that mean that my file is in process or is it only lying somewhere in FSW pileup

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I got my GcMS notes today. Can you please help me out to find the office where my file is being processed.. There are 3 secondary offices coming on page-2 & 3.
S. office -1
Operation support centre (Primary - N)
S. Office -2
CPC Ottawa (Primary - Y)
S. Office -3
CPC Edmonton (Primary - N)
Updated date on all these offices is 14/06/21. Does that mean that my file is in process or is it only lying somewhere in FSW pileup
Under each entry, there will be a date when the file was assigned to that office.

brightburn

Jun 3, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,

I am really in a strange situation, please help me out.

I have applied for Express entry under CEC got invitation and submitted all my documents.
But after 3 months passed for AOR, and found that the Eligibility got 'Review required' and Visa officer deducted 50 points for the job offer(got to know via GCMS notes).

"Case analyst has recommended 'Review required' PA has been advised of the temporary nature of his employment in Canada , and the letter does not specify employment of at least one year after the PR granted."
By saying so, he deducted my 50 points, this means I am unable to meet the minimum CRS score.

Now my question is,

1.Can I, Withdraw this current application and file a new EE profile by deducting 50 job offer points? . after submitting the webform immediately?

2. Or Can I, Create a new EE profile under CEC and get into the pool and start a new application without withdrawing old one?
OLD application will stay on its course and new one will start its own.

Please help...thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon

I got my GCMS notes from CSIS and they mailed it to my house instead of emailing me. I applied for Citizenship Grant but my file is stuck in security. I don’t even know when the security was started. All that I know is my criminality is passed after fingerprints. Its saying my security screening is still in progress and they don’t have to do disclosure by virtue of S21, 22(1)a and 22(1)b. The reason I requested these notes was to know when security started. I got GCMS notes from CBSA but they have a shorter version of notes now which doesn’t show when security started. CSIS notes used to show when they received the request to do security. I have a question related to Citizenship process when does the screening start at time of AoR, in process or after criminality is passed. I appreciate your time with this query. Please reply. Thank you

Rk86

Sep 17, 2018
If you renewed the passport, all valid visas in the expired passport remain valid. When you travel you will have to carry both, the expired passport with the valid visa and the new passport.
Thanks @legalfalcon since my mother's visitor visa is valid till January next year which is around 4 months. I doubt she'll able to travel with the visa. In that case, should I have to apply for a fresh visitors visa again from scratch or is there any way to apply for extension?

Greddy

Sep 15, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon , appreciate if you could advise on this query. With regards to medicals, I did my medicals on May 6 2020 but it was passed on July 17th 2020. So considering medicals have a validity of one year has my medicals expired on May 5th 2021 or July 16th 2021?