17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I'm a PNP EE applicant and currently hold Bridging open work permit and my PR application is still under process( AOR Feb 2020).

My bridging open work permit will expire in aug 2021. I received it for 6 months only due to my passport validity and now I have got my new passport.

I would like to apply for BOWP extension but I have a few questions and really need your help:

1. Please advise what should I answer for “medicals have been performed inthe last 12 months” - yes or no, because I did the medicals in 2020 which got expired and extended for 12 months in March 2021
2. Restore status in Canada (for myself and my dependents - should I answer yes or no for this question.
3. In IMM5710 form, which option should I select as currently I am on BOWP which will be expiring in aug 2021
A) apply for a work permit with the same employer
B) Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
C)restore my status as a worker
D) get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

TIA

1. No, you have to valid medicals, i.e. done within last 12 months. Extensions are a policy decision and you cannot use an extended medical.
2. You are still in status. Only of your status expires, you have to file for restoration.
3. apply for a work permit with same employer

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
1. No, you have to valid medicals, i.e. done within last 12 months. Extensions are a policy decision and you cannot use an extended medical.
2. You are still in status. Only of your status expires, you have to file for restoration.
3. apply for a work permit with same employer
Many thanks for the reply.
I am currently on BOWP and it’s not by the employer and I do not work for the same employer anymore, hence it’s not possible to get a work permit with the same employer. Pleased advise what should I do.
For medicals- is it possible to select No for the Question and explain it in a letter of explanation

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon in the URL below, it says we can satisfy one continuous full time work with more than one job.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html
My scenario is as below:
Company 1: 8months (primary noc) Oct 2015 - May 6,2016
Company 2: 2.8 yrs (same primary noc) May 18,2016-Feb 5,2019
Current company 3: 2+ (same primary noc) Feb 18,2019- present
I assume I am eligible under fsw. Your thoughts please?

Thanks in advance.
As long as you have over 1 year of work ex in the primary NOC, you meet the minimum eligibility requirement.

Reactions: mvneema10

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Many thanks for the reply.
I am currently on BOWP and it’s not by the employer and I do not work for the same employer anymore, hence it’s not possible to get a work permit with the same employer. Pleased advise what should I do.
For medicals- is it possible to select No for the Question and explain it in a letter of explanation

Then select b, with a new employer. You are filing for an extension.

For meds, select no and you can provide an explanation.

Reactions: Twinklestar06

arewea

Jul 7, 2021
If you applied under FSW:

Minimum work experience requirement
The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 [R75(2)(a)].
The applicant’s skilled work experience must also
  • have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
  • not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.
Exactly, under my NOC, the individual companies I've worked at, for less than a year. But cumulative work experience, under my NOC, is more than a year.

Last edited:

sam01297!

May 4, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon. Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.
I am a FSW-O applicant, wating for PPR since ages like everyone else. I have renewed my passport just last week as it due to expire in August.
My concern and query is with regards to spelling change of parent's name in my passport. So, my mother's name was spelled differently in my passport (use of 'ee' instead of i' in middle name) and I have updated my new passport with the correct spelling to match her passport and other official documents.
An important thing to note here is that in my EE application I had mentioned the name as per my previous passport (incorrect spelling) for which I'm now cursing myself.
I do not want to raise a webform now itself as I don't know how many more months will it extend and delay my PPR. In your opinion, how should I proceed now when I receive PPR? Thanks in advance.

brightburn

Jun 3, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,

Can I have 2 express entry profiles?

One profile is already in the process. ( I am a little bit sceptical about my points claimed for the arranged employment, I did not misrepresent though)

Can I create 2nd one? I won't submit the documents, but just want to keep ITA.

Thanks in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

Can I have 2 express entry profiles?

One profile is already in the process. ( I am a little bit sceptical about my points claimed for the arranged employment, I did not misrepresent though)

Can I create 2nd one? I won't submit the documents, but just want to keep ITA.

Thanks in advance
As per IRCC You may only have one profile at a time. This is set out in Canada’s immigration law.

See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=29

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon. Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.
I am a FSW-O applicant, wating for PPR since ages like everyone else. I have renewed my passport just last week as it due to expire in August.
My concern and query is with regards to spelling change of parent's name in my passport. So, my mother's name was spelled differently in my passport (use of 'ee' instead of i' in middle name) and I have updated my new passport with the correct spelling to match her passport and other official documents.
An important thing to note here is that in my EE application I had mentioned the name as per my previous passport (incorrect spelling) for which I'm now cursing myself.
I do not want to raise a webform now itself as I don't know how many more months will it extend and delay my PPR. In your opinion, how should I proceed now when I receive PPR? Thanks in advance.
This will not delay your application. Just point out the spelling and it with be updated in your file.

Rahuljoshi

Jul 12, 2020
It could be a transcription error, but it does not matter much. You can send a webform and point it out so that it is not entered incorrectly in your COPR.
Hi @legalfalcon : Based on your advice, I contacted the IRCC office through a general webform and below are the details about my enquiry and their response:

My enquiry to IRCC: Dear Sir/Madam, I have received my GCMS notes on 5th May, 2021 in which I observed that the CoR is mentioned as India. From what I understand, CoR is the country of residence while applying for the permanent residence programme and in my case I was residing in Netherlands when I applied for the permanent residence. As a matter of fact, I am still residing in Netherlands and will inform IRCC in case that changes. Can you please have a look at it and in case there is any error, correct it. Please do let me know in case you need any further information.

Response from IRCC:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm that the information you provided was transferred to the responsible office.

Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India, we invite you to contact them too in order to:

• Report important changes,
  • Provide documents,
  • Add a representative or designated individual on file,
  • Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
  • Enquire on an outcome of a request.
You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.

Based on the above response from IRCC, I contacted the NDVO through a webform again since the response from IRCC mentioned me to contact the New Delhi Visa Office since my file is located there. The details of that conversation are below:

My Enquiry to NDVO:
Dear Sir/Madam, I have received my GCMS notes on 5th May, 2021 in which I observed that the CoR is mentioned as India. From what I understand, CoR is the country of residence while applying for the permanent residence programme and in my case I was residing in Netherlands when I applied for the permanent residence. As a matter of fact, I am still residing in Netherlands and will inform IRCC if that changes. Can you please have a look at it and in case there is any error, correct it. I had contacted IRCC with the general webform and they have informed me that they have passed on the message to the Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India since my file is located there as well as suggested me to contact them and hence I have raised this webform. Please do let me know in case you need any further information. Thanking you in advance.

Response from IRCC:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
If you wish to add or change a physical address currently on file, please submit your request through the IRCC Webform.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)//AU

The response from NDVO was not clear since they mention nothing about my enquiry but rather tell me that to change a physical address, I have to raise a webform. I have not changed my physical address since the time I have applied for the PR program so I am not sure why do they think I should change my physical address in case the COR mentioned in the GCMS is incorrect.

I am seeking your advice on the same. Should I raise another webform and get it clarified or should I just sit back and wait for further steps since IRCC has already informed it to the Canadian Visa Office in New Delhi.

Thanking you in advance!

Links to my previous posts:

My Post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-9442733
Your Reply: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-922#post-9442733

My Post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-9440193
Your Reply: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-9440545

zac12345

Jul 10, 2021
HI @legalfalcon,
can an approved copr holder travel with non dependent immediate family members (parents) to canada? considering the fact that a copr holder becomes a pr on landing, are his parents exempt from travel restrictions and can they travel with him? it would just be easier, safer and more convenient if they travelled at the same time.
Thank you.

Mimee

Jul 10, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

Do we need to update details of international travel undertaken after submitting the application for permanent residency? My AOR was in January this year (Medicals passed in February and Biometrics completed in March). I travelled out of my country of residence for a few weeks in June. Is it necessary to send a CSE webform to let the authorities know about my recent international travel? Thank you!

Last edited:

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi sir @legalfalcon i have Canada spouse and i got ITA after filling everything it’s asking my spouse history and also asking his PCC although he is already Canadian. Do i have to submit pcc and medical or what should i do ? Do I still have to fill his personal history forms too ? Any help