17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon thank you for all your assistance

I just got my confirmation of portal and part of the questions I’m responding to is port of entry. On my GCMS notes, POE is Toronto airport,however I travelled last year and returned through PEMontreal airport- should my POE be Montreal or I go with what’s on my notes- Toronto airport??
Also I arrived in Canada for the first time in 2016., will this be my Original entry date and date of last time entered Canada??

Anticipating your kind response
Anyone familiar can also please respond..... thank you all
Is the question is about when you first entered Canada or last time?

Last edited:
Reactions: Temitee002

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Is the question is about when you first entered Canada or last time?
First question is - Original entry date
Last question is- date of last time entered

the former is 2016 and latter is 2020

but on my GCMS notes, its the same date for both

was wondering if I should go with what is mentioned on my GCMS notes or I just reply accordingly

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
First question is - Original entry date
Last question is- date of last time entered

the former is 2016 and latter is 2020

was wondering if I should go with what is mentioned on my GCMS notes or I just reply accordingly
Finally it would not matter. Just go with the actual dates and PoE.

Reactions: Temitee002
May 29, 2021
@Legan falcon,
Asking this for a friend and fellow colleague, XYZ

One of XYZ's job could be verified by various sources/portals/visa stamps etc....and if i think from the eyes of a visa officer...i would have no reason not to believe that this person XYZ is working.

I wonder how things go for something like this--

XYZ had another job in a workshop a few years ago.
XYZ IS a qualified engineer was working in a medium scale workshop under a senior engineer.
He mostly has a hands-on job using spanner/hammers so no digital trace/ emails etc...everything is hands-on job...pure men made of metal...
There is no attendance register, maybe some CCTV cameras whose footage will be auto-deleted by the time IRCC opens up my file...
There are some invoices XYZ may have had signed upon(if the senior engineer was not present).,...and these are the only documents that will provide XYZ with some paper trail...but again these documents are third party documents like invoices/service reports etc and they are hard to produce but XYZ is trying to retrieve them.

How will IRCC verify that this gentleman XYZ has actually worked at this workshop?

There will be of course be a reference letter, pay slips, Bank statements and IT returns, etc.....and XYZ's employer will stand by XYZ....but apart from these things, XYZ have no digital trace cause this is a pure hands-on job...?

Will XYZ have any problems with this job experience verification because they have just the word of the applicant and the employer ?

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
Hi Legel Falcon

I am outland pnp applicant.

In other thread i have seen many outland got "file progress to file received" on ecas.

But when i check there is nothing to change in my ECAS.

What does that mean of "Progress to File Received" ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@Legan falcon,
Asking this for a friend and fellow colleague, XYZ

One of XYZ's job could be verified by various sources/portals/visa stamps etc....and if i think from the eyes of a visa officer...i would have no reason not to believe that this person XYZ is working.

I wonder how things go for something like this--

XYZ had another job in a workshop a few years ago.
XYZ IS a qualified engineer was working in a medium scale workshop under a senior engineer.
He mostly has a hands-on job using spanner/hammers so no digital trace/ emails etc...everything is hands-on job...pure men made of metal...
There is no attendance register, maybe some CCTV cameras whose footage will be auto-deleted by the time IRCC opens up my file...
There are some invoices XYZ may have had signed upon(if the senior engineer was not present).,...and these are the only documents that will provide XYZ with some paper trail...but again these documents are third party documents like invoices/service reports etc and they are hard to produce but XYZ is trying to retrieve them.

How will IRCC verify that this gentleman XYZ has actually worked at this workshop?

There will be of course be a reference letter, pay slips, Bank statements and IT returns, etc.....and XYZ's employer will stand by XYZ....but apart from these things, XYZ have no digital trace cause this is a pure hands-on job...?

Will XYZ have any problems with this job experience verification because they have just the word of the applicant and the employer ?
All IRCC asks for is a work reference letter that has the following:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
IF you are unable to meet the above, or a few specific requirements, you can then meet them by secondary documentary evidence, such as a letter from a current or former colleague, pay slips, IT returns, offer letter, relieving letter etc.

Only when there is a doubt on the credentials, IRCC will do an open search (see https://bit.ly/3oZUONR), to verify the details.

I am not sure what emails / invoices etc. have to do with it. They are business records and IRCC cannot ask them to be produced.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legel Falcon

I am outland pnp applicant.

In other thread i have seen many outland got "file progress to file received" on ecas.

But when i check there is nothing to change in my ECAS.

What does that mean of "Progress to File Received" ?
ECAS was used primarily before the MyCIC account was created. Some applications are still reflected on it, most are not. It is currently used for citizenship and refugee applications.

If you do not see your application on ECAS, nothing to be alarmed.

grownup

May 25, 2021
@legalfalcon,

May I please have your valuable advice on my situation:

I will be enrolling in a 1 year pgwp eligible certificate at York University starting this September as an international student. I intend to apply for PGWP after graduation in order to gain some work experience in Canada.

Giving that my PGWP will most certanily be valid for 1 year, what are my options to stay and work longer in Canada after my PGWP expires?

In addition, I am a FSW outland and my AOR is March 2020.

Thank you very much for you help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon,

May I please have your valuable advice on my situation:

I will be enrolling in a 1 year pgwp eligible certificate at York University starting this September as an international student. I intend to apply for PGWP after graduation in order to gain some work experience in Canada.

Giving that my PGWP will most certanily be valid for 1 year, what are my options to stay and work longer in Canada after my PGWP expires?

In addition, I am a FSW outland and my AOR is March 2020.

Thank you very much for you help.
Ideally if your PR application is reposed you can stay in Canada indefinitely. If your PGWP is about to expire, you can find a job and get a WP, which will allow you to stay in Canada.

Also, since your PR application is in progress, you are also eligible for Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP).

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Hi legal falcon, need your advice. I am on wp and my wife is on visitor record and we applied for PR in Apr 2020. Status is eligibility conclusively passed by officer on aug 2020 and medicals extended 28th April. Biometrics given in October 2020. Not verified yet and rest all are pending.
Now my question is my wife who is on visitor record , can she attend online training like udemy etc as her visitor record says she should not attend a college. But not sure online is allowed as you can take online course from anywhere in the world.
Next question is , our WP/ Vr validity is there till Aug 2022. Can we apply open WP for her or we should not as PR is in progress.(as I don’t believe IRCC will process April 2020 applications properly as we don’t meet their targets)

Request your advice

Thisath

May 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
15-04-2021
Hi Legel Falcon

I am outland pnp pr (not as an investor) applicant.

My question is, will IRCC consieder my finance history (credit history) of my country. ?

because my office-mate took a loan on behalf of my name (more than 10 yrs ago), later I noticed he was not continue the payments. Due to this reason there is a black mark on my credit history.

Please reply to my question, will it be efftect to my PR application badly ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legal falcon, need your advice. I am on wp and my wife is on visitor record and we applied for PR in Apr 2020. Status is eligibility conclusively passed by officer on aug 2020 and medicals extended 28th April. Biometrics given in October 2020. Not verified yet and rest all are pending.
Now my question is my wife who is on visitor record , can she attend online training like udemy etc as her visitor record says she should not attend a college. But not sure online is allowed as you can take online course from anywhere in the world.
Next question is , our WP/ Vr validity is there till Aug 2022. Can we apply open WP for her or we should not as PR is in progress.(as I don’t believe IRCC will process April 2020 applications properly as we don’t meet their targets)

Request your advice
1. YEs, you can pursue any online courses. It does not matter. Also, on a visitor status you can attend any course in any college or educational institution that of a 6 months or less duration.

However, this has changed due to COVID, but you can still pursue online courses. As per IRCC:

If you want to study for 6 months or less
Due to COVID-19, if you want to study in Canada for 6 months or less, you’re now required to

You won’t be able to travel to Canada if you don’t have a study permit and your DLI isn’t on the approved list.
2. If your PR is in progress, the PA is eligible to apply for BOWP and the spouse can extend the SOWP.