caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
The following was announced on May 26, 2021. What is not explicitly mentioned here is that a new GCMS format will be launched soon. It will reduce the Gcms Notes which in some cases runs into hundreds of pages to just a few dozen pages. The mock up of the new Gcms Notes has already been shared with some top requesters for feedback. The new format will become the default format while the existing format will still be available upon request. This change is expected to increase the processing capacity at IRCC and CBSA. This is preliminary info and more to come on this.

IRCC launches efforts to streamline and modernize access to information and privacy system

Quick facts
  • IRCC is unique, as most of the requests it receives are for the personal information of its clients—98.9% of requests to IRCC are for immigration case files, compared to the 1.1% of requests for corporate records. The majority of these requests concern IRCC clients who are foreign nationals relying on representatives and immigration lawyers to submit access requests on their behalf.
  • The government’s update to the access to information program began with interim measures introduced in 2016 that eliminated fees other than the $5 processing fee, incorporating the principle of “open by default.” These improvements mark the first time the government has modernized Canada’s access to information system in more than 30 years.
Read more here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/05/ircc-launches-efforts-to-streamline-and-modernize-access-to-information-and-privacy-system.html

Management Action Plan – OIC’s Recommendations
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada developed a Management Action Plan (MAP) following receipt of the Office of the Information Commissioner (OIC)’s final report. During the investigation, the OIC identified some key issues and recommended that the Department take the necessary actions to resolve each of these issues. The following action plan addresses the OIC’s five key issues and recommendations.

COMMISSIONER’S RECOMMENDATIONSIRCC COMMITMENTSACTION ITEMLEADTARGET DATEPROGRESS
1. Cease the practice of claiming time extensions under paragraph 9(1)(a) based on the number of requests submitted by any one requester1.1 Cease the practice of claiming time extensions on frequent requesters.1.1.1 Established a process to cease the practice of claiming time extensions on frequent/bulk requesters.Corporate Services SectorMarch 1, 2021Completed
2. Develop a work plan showing the specific, measurable actions taken or to be taken to improve performance within the ATIP office2.1 Develop a work plan and share the plan with the Office of the Information Commissioner.Finalize a work plan that takes into consideration the Information Commissioner’s recommendations, provides key measurable outcomes and offers a concrete way forward in actions to be taken to improve performance.Corporate Services SectorQ2 2021-22In Progress
3. Publish the concrete results and impacts of all specific, measureable actions of work plan3.1 Make the work plan available on the IRCC website.3.1.1 Publish the work plan and results achieved to date, on the IRCC website as part of IRCC’s Access to Information Act Annual Report.Corporate Services SectorQ3 2021-22Not initiated
4. Implement or augment IRCC’s plans and strategies to improve the availability of client immigration information so as to alleviate undue pressure on the access regime4.1 Building on existing root cause analysis undertaken by IRCC, conduct additional analysis on the drivers that motivate clients to submit ATIP request for case files.4.1.1 Complete data modelling and analysis of root causes driving clients to submit ATIP requests on case files to establish the correlation between IRCC’s levels and ATIP volumes.
  • Corporate Services Sector
  • Operations Sector
Q3 2021-22In Progress
4.1.2 Reassess and adjust work plan and initiatives based on the data modelling and root cause analysis results.Q2 2021-22
4.2 Identify how to improve communication of case status immigration information to clients through MyAccount.4.2.1 Complete the MyAccount case status information pilot for the Citizenship line of business.
  • Operations Sector
  • Transformation & Digital Solutions Sector
Q1 2021-22In Progress
4.2.2 Assess feasibility for other lines of business and adjust work plan as appropriate.Q2 2021-22
4.3 Provide clients with more clarity on the reason(s) for their refusal4.3.1 Launch new iteration of Temporary Resident Visitor Refusal LetterOperations SectorQ1 2021-22
4.3.2 Conduct further analysis regarding the feasibility of expanding to other lines of businessQ2 2021-22
4.3.3 Plan to transition to steady stateQ2 2021-22
5. Secure adequate short‐term human and financial resources for its ATIP processes so it can meet its obligations under the Act, until permanent solutions to decrease the demands placed on its ATIP Office are implemented5.1 Secure adequate short‐term human and financial resources for its ATIP processes.5.1.1 Develop a plan to secure adequate short‐term human and financial resources.Corporate Services SectorQ1 2021-22In Progress
5.1.1 Develop plan Implement plan5.1.2 Implement the plan to secure adequate short‐term human and financial resources.Q2 2021-22

neerajbhide

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
09-01-2020
Med's Done....
04-01-2020
You only have to update IRCC of your change of address after you move to the US.

No PCC or medicals are required, unless asked by IRCC.

Medical are valid for 12 months and do not have to be from any specific country.
Perfect! Thank you so much @legalfalcon for your quick help and support! :)

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon can one's application be refused for incompleteness due to not submitting a document in time? I was only given 30 days to upload RCMP clearance but RCMP told me to inform IRCC it will take 120 days for me to get that which i did but havent heard back from IRCC. And I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for RCMP.
When a timeframe is provided by IRCC, as an applicant it is your responsibility to inform IRCC if you are unable to meet the timeframe and seek an extensions. IRCC is not giving any automatic extensions anymore.

As longs you have informed IRCC by sending a webform, you will be fine and there is no need to worry. Alternatively, you can send another webform. Usually webform responses are provided within 1-2 weeks.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2021-covid-expiry-extensions-open-applications.html

Reactions: User2323

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

Please I'll like to know if the visa office handling the issuance of my new (first) PR card would be the same as the office that processed my PR application? Thank you.
PR cards are usually issued from Nova Scotia

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
Any news so far on when IRCC will issue COPRs for outland FSW applicants? My application was approved since November 2020 and so far there is no updates.

Thanks so much!
Currently there are no updates yet. Most likely as soon as the travel restrictions are eased, the processing of issuing PPRs / COPRs will commence.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If I received my PR with my spouse not accompanying
Can I still sponsor my spouse visa spousal sponsorship?
Do I need to provide any explanation with my application of why I didn't include my spouse in previous PR application?
There is no need to explain and you can sponsor your spouse as long as your meet the sponsorship requirements.

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
Guys, Correct me if I am wrong. @legalfalcon @legalfalcon_India

For all Express Entry applicants, first VO will always be Sydney (Nova scotia, Centralized Intake Office) and then it will segregated to different VO's?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
The mystery of CB01126

CB01126 is not an actual officer code. FACT.

Search the forum for CB01126, and see what folks have to say - he is slow, he is lazy, he is..., etc... and this..

However, under the officer may case processing agents and analysts work who are a part of the team and process the application even though the officer's badge number will be the one that shows as the officer who has carriage of your file

CB01126 is not an actual officer code. Don't spin your wheels trying to figure out the personality of a person that is not.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Guys, Correct me if I am wrong. @legalfalcon @legalfalcon_India

For all Express Entry applicants, first VO will always be Sydney (Nova scotia, Centralized Intake Office) and then it will segregated to different VO's?
It can be any Centeral Intake Office, but for most it is Sydney for EE application.

Offices inside Canada
Offices that process applications
The case processing centres (CPCs), the centralized intake office (CIO), and the Operations Support Centre (OSC) receive and process citizenship or immigration applications. You can mail your application to these offices, but they are not open to the public and do not offer assistance with applications.

Sydney works as both, CIO and CPC.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html

Also immigration applications can be transferred to any visa office see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

Last edited:

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
It can be any Centeral Intake Office, but for most it is Sydney.

Offices inside Canada
Offices that process applications
The case processing centres (CPCs), the centralized intake office (CIO), and the Operations Support Centre (OSC) receive and process citizenship or immigration applications. You can mail your application to these offices, but they are not open to the public and do not offer assistance with applications.

Sydney works as both, CIO and CPC.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html
Understand, does this office very slow in a process ?( as per the forum, many people complaints about this office)

My application is with this VO(CEC inland), so Kinda worried

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Understand, does this office very slow in a process ?( as per the forum, many people complaints about this office)

My application is with this VO(CEC inland), so Kinda worried
Each application is processed on its own metrics. No two applications are the same, even if they have a similar profile and are at the same office.

Just because someone's application was stuck at a specific VO, does not mean your application too will be stuck

Reactions: scenestrange

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
Each application is processed on its own metrics. No two applications are the same, even if they have a similar profile and are at the same office.

Just because someone's application was stuck at a specific VO, does not mean your application too will be stuck
Thanks, it gives some hope, finger crossed

Reactions: legalfalcon

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon thank you for all your assistance

I just got my confirmation of portal and part of the questions I’m responding to is port of entry. On my GCMS notes, POE is Toronto airport,however I travelled last year and returned through PEMontreal airport- should my POE be Montreal or I go with what’s on my notes- Toronto airport??
Also I arrived in Canada for the first time in 2016., will this be my Original entry date and date of last time entered Canada??

Anticipating your kind response
Anyone familiar can also please respond..... thank you all