Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon
Hi, I submitted my CEC inland application on March 1. AOR March 1 and Medical passed on March 16, exempted from Biometrics. Medical and Biometrics updated in profile as on March 16. No progress after that. I called IRCC and found my Criminality is in progress and VO office is Montreal. I have not received any GU since the start of application. Does this mean nothing is being done on my application yet or it is normal to not get any GU. Also how much time will it take to get Criminality to complete
Since you are inland you can request Gcms Notes for free ( see how https://help.gcmsnotes.com/how-to-order/for-free ) GU by no means provides any measure of what stage your application is at or what progress has been made.

To understand the various stages of an application and how long it takes see https://bit.ly/37nCTJD

Reactions: ashar0382

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
@legalfalcon

Hello dear legalfalcon,

I desperately need your advice on an issue which I couldn't find a clear answer in the forum posts. I created my EE profile at the end of December 2020 and I get an ITA from CEC on February 14th. My problem is, my primary occupation NOC is not matching with my skilled work experience in Canada. When I create my EE profile, I chose my primary occupation as NOC 3111 which I have more than 6 years of foreign work experience in the last 10 years. However, when I fill my EE profile I was also eligible for CEC with more than 1-year of Canadian work experience in the NOC 1243 job. Because I got an ITA based on my Canadian work experience, should I change my primary occupation to NOC 1243 when I fill my PR application? If I don't change it, choosing NOC 3111 in EE may cause a rejection of my PR application?

Thank you so much for your help and time

bigvac123

Apr 7, 2021
@legalfalcon

Hi,
I was requested RCMP on 19th March and they gave me a deadline in 2 months for that. I uploaded it 1 week ago (on 9 Apr) but up to now its still «The additional documents you provided have been uploaded!»
Do you know normally, how long it will take to change to «in review» or «not applicable»? Or my uploaded document will only be opened to review by officer 1-2 days before the deadline?
Thank you!

Nicole_17

Mar 1, 2021
@legalfalcon

Dear Legal Falcon, I would appreciate your experienced advise please, As I will be finishing my studies at the end of April and will be applying for my PGWP, can I also apply for the new public policy under the International Students Stream? I would not have my PGWP as yet but I will have proof that I sent in my application to IRCC. Can I use the confirmation that I would receive from IRCC for PGWP submission for PR application under the new public policy for the International Students Stream or do I have to get the PGWP approved first before trying to apply for PR under this new public policy? Thanking you in advance for your input.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon can I have 2 PR applications at the same time? I plan to apply for the new public policy under international students scheme as I’m qualified also for that. My AOR is May 2020 CEC Inland and security still not started. Will there be any effect on both applications in terms of hold on both or refusal on both or anything like that. Thanks a lot
IF you file two PR applications, the one filed later will be placed on hold until a decision is made on the first one or it is withdrawn. This is done to avoid duplicity of work.

Also, filing a new application will not expedite it or guarantee that it will be processed faster. The new public policy is just another pathway for PR.

Thobby

Feb 17, 2021
@legalfalcon thanks for all you do...... I have a question about the new public policy announcement for graduates. Do they need to have 1 year experience as well? I tried to read about it but nothing addresses this. Would appreciate your input on this.

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hello dear legalfalcon,

I desperately need your advice on an issue which I couldn't find a clear answer in the forum posts. I created my EE profile at the end of December 2020 and I get an ITA from CEC on February 14th. My problem is, my primary occupation NOC is not matching with my skilled work experience in Canada. When I create my EE profile, I chose my primary occupation as NOC 3111 which I have more than 6 years of foreign work experience in the last 10 years. However, when I fill my EE profile I was also eligible for CEC with more than 1-year of Canadian work experience in the NOC 1243 job. Because I got an ITA based on my Canadian work experience, should I change my primary occupation to NOC 1243 when I fill my PR application? If I don't change it, choosing NOC 3111 in EE may cause a rejection of my PR application?

Thank you so much for your help and time
You profile can be eligible for more than one program and most CEC applicants with foreign work experience are eligible for CEC as well as FSW.

IRCC defines Primary NOC as:

Your primary occupation means the job you have experience in (within the last ten years) and want to base your immigration application on, if you are invited to apply.
This means that for FSW, you will have to show that you had at least one year of continuous full time or equivalent part time experience in the Primary NOC.

For CEC, you only have to show that have I year of work experience in Canada, not necessary, that it is in the Primary NOC.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thanks for all you do...... I have a question about the new public policy announcement for graduates. Do they need to have 1 year experience as well? I tried to read about it but nothing addresses this. Would appreciate your input on this.

Thanks
For foreign nationals to be eligible under the new public policy, they only have to have a Canadian education credential, there is no requirement of work experience. If you have over one year of work experience, then you will be eligible under CEC too.

The only requirement is that you be employed in Canada, but not necessary that you have a specific months / years of work experience.

Be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work pursuant to the Act and Regulations at the time the application for permanent residence is received and must not be self-employed, unless working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority. The employment must meet the definition of work under subsection 73(2) of the Regulations;
The eligibility requirements are listed at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/trpr-international-graduates.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hi,
I was requested RCMP on 19th March and they gave me a deadline in 2 months for that. I uploaded it 1 week ago (on 9 Apr) but up to now its still «The additional documents you provided have been uploaded!»
Do you know normally, how long it will take to change to «in review» or «not applicable»? Or my uploaded document will only be opened to review by officer 1-2 days before the deadline?
Thank you!
Give it a few weeks, only after the documents you submitted have been added to your file will the status change and it can take 1-4 weeks. As long as you have submitted the documents before the said deadline, you need not worry and you will soon see a change of status.

Reactions: bigvac123

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Dear Legal Falcon, I would appreciate your experienced advise please, As I will be finishing my studies at the end of April and will be applying for my PGWP, can I also apply for the new public policy under the International Students Stream? I would not have my PGWP as yet but I will have proof that I sent in my application to IRCC. Can I use the confirmation that I would receive from IRCC for PGWP submission for PR application under the new public policy for the International Students Stream or do I have to get the PGWP approved first before trying to apply for PR under this new public policy? Thanking you in advance for your input.
As per the new policy, you have to be employed in Canada.

Be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work pursuant to the Act and Regulations at the time the application for permanent residence is received and must not be self-employed, unless working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority. The employment must meet the definition of work under subsection 73(2) of the Regulations;
If you have a job and you have applied for a PGWP, you can submit your application as you will be on implied status and thus authorised to work.

Thobby

Feb 17, 2021
For foreign nationals to be eligible under the new public policy, they only have to have a Canadian education credential, there is no requirement of work experience. If you have over one year of work experience, then you will be eligible under CEC too.

The only requirement is that you be employed in Canada, but not necessary that you have a specific months / years of work experience.

The eligibility requirements are listed at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/trpr-international-graduates.html
Thanks

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
IF you file two PR applications, the one filed later will be placed on hold until a decision is made on the first one or it is withdrawn. This is done to avoid duplicity of work.

Also, filing a new application will not expedite it or guarantee that it will be processed faster. The new public policy is just another pathway for PR.
Thank you

Reactions: legalfalcon

Diamond989

Apr 16, 2021
Hi@legalfalcon
My Aor is 17 November 2020
My expected date of Copr is 17 may 2021
I am an cec inland applicant and I am currently in india. My work permit and trv expires on 27 july 2021.
Should I wait for copr and then get prtd or should I go back to canada now. I am so confused . Please help

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi@legalfalcon
My Aor is 17 November 2020
My expected date of Copr is 17 may 2021
I am an cec inland applicant and I am currently in india. My work permit and trv expires on 27 july 2021.
Should I wait for copr and then get prtd or should I go back to canada now. I am so confused . Please help
What do you mean by your expected date of COPR?