17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Thank you for your response. So I have another question.
In the waiting time of ADR (RCMP) to be submitted, and of its status after uploading change from 'uploaded' to 'in review', my file is still processed at backend or it is put on hold completely?
Again, thanks for your time.
If your RCMP PCC is spending, other stages will continue to be processed.

Reactions: bigvac123

KH2112

Dec 24, 2020
Dear @legalfalcon, I got ITA through CEC but my marital status just changed from single to common law while filling my EAPR. I have not submitted my application yet. I already modified family info and added my partner and now see new fields to upload her documents and an IMM5049 form.

I had also informed IRCC through webform about my status change. However, they replied a few days back saying that i need to mail them the following. Aren't those documents for those who have already submitted their EAPR? I'm so confused at this point. thank you. :

To add a person to your application, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon, I got ITA through CEC but my marital status just changed from single to common law while filling my EAPR. I have not submitted my application yet. I already modified family info and added my partner and now see new fields to upload her documents and an IMM5049 form.

I had also informed IRCC through webform about my status change. However, they replied a few days back saying that i need to mail them the following. Aren't those documents for those who have already submitted their EAPR? I'm so confused at this point. thank you. :

To add a person to your application, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta:

If you have not submitted your application, and you made changes to your profile, you will have to upload your documents along with your application.

Also, when you submit the documents, your CRS score will be re-assessed since you added a family member before submitting the application.

IRCC states:

"Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide IRCC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)] and pay the applicable fees online."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Reactions: KH2112

KH2112

Dec 24, 2020
If you have not submitted your application, and you made changes to your profile, you will have to upload your documents along with your application.

Also, when you submit the documents, your CRS score will be re-assessed since you added a family member before submitting the application.

IRCC states:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html
Thank you @legalfalcon . I am definitely going to upload the documents requested in the new fields for my partner and my CRS is still above cutoff.
However should I mail them those forms listed below(IMM 0008, IMM 5669, IMM 0008DEP) too? IRCC told me to fill those forms and mail it to them after having informed them of my marital status change. Is that normal or did they confuse something maybe?

Message from IRCC when replying to my webform :

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon . I am definitely going to upload the documents requested in the new fields for my partner and my CRS is still above cutoff.
However should I mail them those forms listed below(IMM 0008, IMM 5669, IMM 0008DEP) too? IRCC told me to fill those forms and mail it to them after having informed them of my marital status change. Is that normal or did they confuse something maybe?

Message from IRCC when replying to my webform :

You can mail them, but it makes no sense since you have not yet submitted your application.

Reactions: KH2112

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
@legalfalcon

Hello Legalfalcon,

I have a complicated issue. I got an ITA from CEC which based on my experience as a medical administrative assistant (NOC1243). I work in this position from Monday to Friday as a full-time employee in a healthcare clinic. However, I also work in the same clinic as a naturopathic doctor (NOC 3125) which is on the weekends, with flexible working hours, and is a self-employed position. My CEC eligibility is based on my position which is NOC 3125. I am aware that self-employment is not counted among CEC. I declared both to them in my EE profile and I have a notice of assessment which shows my T4 plus self-employed income. with shows a sum of my both income. The manager at the clinic provided me 2 different job letters which clearly explains 2 positions, duties, working hour etc. I know this is a rare situation... I wonder if my application may be refused because of this situation?

Thank you in advance :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hello Legalfalcon,

I have a complicated issue. I got an ITA from CEC which based on my experience as a medical administrative assistant (NOC1243). I work in this position from Monday to Friday as a full-time employee in a healthcare clinic. However, I also work in the same clinic as a naturopathic doctor (NOC 3125) which is on the weekends, with flexible working hours, and is a self-employed position. My CEC eligibility is based on my position which is NOC 3125. I am aware that self-employment is not counted among CEC. I declared both to them in my EE profile and I have a notice of assessment which shows my T4 plus self-employed income. with shows a sum of my both income. The manager at the clinic provided me 2 different job letters which clearly explains 2 positions, duties, working hour etc. I know this is a rare situation... I wonder if my application may be refused because of this situation?

Thank you in advance :)
I don't see any issues. You will get points for your full Time work. For you part time work, if you want to declare in work history, you can or else just leave it in personal history.

millennial_immigrant

Feb 5, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon, any input or directions will be very highly appreciated. Here is my scenario:
I am an Indian citizen (current country of residence: US) dental professional trained in US & certified/eligible for license in Canada. My EE FSW (NOC 3113) application has been submitted since 8 Sept 2020 and currently in processing delays. I have a full time employment offer from an employer in Canada. My employer and I wanted to explore the work permit option (as recommended by you on one of the forum posts) and not wait for EE at this time due to unforeseen delays. I had a couple of questions for the work permit process:
1. How do I determine if a LMIA will be needed or will it be exempt?
2. What kind of work permit would be applicable in this case?
3. What is the processing timeline for such kinds of work permit application?
I will really appreciate your response and kind help. Thank you very much for helping all of us with all your insights & experience. It has been a big help even before I made my profile & started the EE journey.
Thanking you in advance for your time!

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
hi @legalfalcon

please advise on my situation

Background : My employer is in Toronto and has sent me temporarily to client's location in Montreal. I applied for PR in CEC and provided the LOE explaining the same. I got COPR on 30 march

Question :
1. How soon I have to leave quebec, the contract with this client is supposed to end this year in December
2. To whom I have to convey that I am here temporarily and will eventually move to Toronto where my employer is
3. Can I apply for SIN from Montreal, Quebec in this case
4. Can I apply for RAMQ Health Card in this case

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

Now that a lot of companies start to offer remote work, I wonder if working for a company based in Quebec while residing in another Canadian province breaks the EE rules of being outside of Quebec. My PR is currently processing (aor October 2020) but I got the chance to work for a company remotely while residing in British Columbia. In the future I might relocate, but its not a company priority at the moment.

Thank you once more for your help and advice <3

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
@legalfalcon URGENT Pls !!!

Given Name
is Blank in COPR. While applying for SIN no. online, do we need to leave it blank OR what do we need to write there exactly?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Now that a lot of companies start to offer remote work, I wonder if working for a company based in Quebec while residing in another Canadian province breaks the EE rules of being outside of Quebec. My PR is currently processing (aor October 2020) but I got the chance to work for a company remotely while residing in British Columbia. In the future I might relocate, but its not a company priority at the moment.

Thank you once more for your help and advice <3
If you are residing outside QC, you are fine even if you work for a QC based company.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon

please advise on my situation

Background : My employer is in Toronto and has sent me temporarily to client's location in Montreal. I applied for PR in CEC and provided the LOE explaining the same. I got COPR on 30 march

Question :
1. How soon I have to leave quebec, the contract with this client is supposed to end this year in December
2. To whom I have to convey that I am here temporarily and will eventually move to Toronto where my employer is
3. Can I apply for SIN from Montreal, Quebec in this case
4. Can I apply for RAMQ Health Card in this case
Answered this on another thread.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon, any input or directions will be very highly appreciated. Here is my scenario:
I am an Indian citizen (current country of residence: US) dental professional trained in US & certified/eligible for license in Canada. My EE FSW (NOC 3113) application has been submitted since 8 Sept 2020 and currently in processing delays. I have a full time employment offer from an employer in Canada. My employer and I wanted to explore the work permit option (as recommended by you on one of the forum posts) and not wait for EE at this time due to unforeseen delays. I had a couple of questions for the work permit process:
1. How do I determine if a LMIA will be needed or will it be exempt?
2. What kind of work permit would be applicable in this case?
3. What is the processing timeline for such kinds of work permit application?
I will really appreciate your response and kind help. Thank you very much for helping all of us with all your insights & experience. It has been a big help even before I made my profile & started the EE journey.
Thanking you in advance for your time!
It is your employer who has to get the paper work done and provide it to you so that you can apply for a work permit and will be based on what position the employer is filing.

Basic info is available at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

Staysafe

Feb 25, 2021
@ Legalfalcon
Please help me with opinion/advice:

For the new Temporary Public Policy, I qualify for the International Graduate route with 40,000 cap if I can submit quickly within the cap limit.

I also think I qualify for the Essential Workers in Health Related Occupations (as my NOC is 4212 - Social and Community Service Worker and is mentioned in this route) with a cap of 20,000

However, I do not know if my NOC 4212 work being mentioned is enough or they would insist it is for those handling medical/hospital related cases (Please note the confusion as my 4212 work is involved in helping / counselling people with employment and social benefits during this Covid but not people that are hospitalized).

So should I target the cap 40,000 route (which I think might fill faster because many working graduates will qualify) or the cap 20,000 route?

I do know the full details how this policies will be processed are not out, but I would be grateful for any views / advice.