17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,
I am here with lots of confusions and lot more expectation that I will get my answers:

we have received ITA under CEC in latest draw.
We have got two previous refusals for visit visa and Spouse open work permit. We have got ‘insufficient evidence of proof of relationship’ as one of the reason in last refusal
My question is:
Q) What we have to mention in LOE regarding refusals. Just write that we applied for it and got refusal? Or we are supposed to mention the reasons and also should explain them?
The criteria for TRV and PR are different. A prior refusal does not mean that your PR too will have issues. However, you have to disclose the prior visa refusals and also address them.

I am not sure what the issue is, it will depend on the issue whether you need any documentary evidence or just the LoE will suffice.

millennial_immigrant

Feb 5, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon, I am FSW-O (Country of residence: US) with AOR Sept 8, 2020. I am in healthcare (and falling under essential healthcare provider). I already have an offer for work in Canada which I am a planning on accepting. My application is over 6 months in process (it was due on March 8). Should I or my potential employer write a letter and upload on webform? What can be the best way forward? Any help or insight will be appreciated. Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon, I am FSW-O (Country of residence: US) with AOR Sept 8, 2020. I am in healthcare (and falling under essential healthcare provider). I already have an offer for work in Canada which I am a planning on accepting. My application is over 6 months in process (it was due on March 8). Should I or my potential employer write a letter and upload on webform? What can be the best way forward? Any help or insight will be appreciated. Thank you.
Writing a letter or webform would not be of any help, and this will not expedite the processing of your application. If you are a health care worker, instead apply for a work permit and move to Canada. Once in Canada you can update your address with IRCC. After your application is approved, your COPR will be sent to you.

xtremenet2021

Jan 17, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon

Curious to know that...let’s say that only my medicals will expire on 01/01/2021 (while security and criminality will remain valid).
The GCMS i ordered was generated on 25/10/2020 before my med expiration and it shows a “Final: Approved” status.

If I ordered a GCMS note after my medical expiry date and knowing that the officer hasn’t yet either extend my old one nor request a new one...what would be its “Final” status? Will it remain “Final: Approved”? Or it will be “Final: Blank” since my medicals are no longer valid and no further extension/remed decision was made yet?

Thanks a lot!!
Hello @legalfalcon
It would be really appreciated if you could help me with the above question?

Thanks a lot for your usual help

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
Hello

As per GCMS note of November 2020
I have passed my
Eligibility and Criminality.
Info sharing : Completed
Medical : Not Started
Security : Not Started

I am on family sponsorship visa, my first cousin have sponsor me but she told me that in May 2021 they will moved from Monitoba and I am worried.

Does that cause problem to me ?

Please guide me what should I do ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
It would be really appreciated if you could help me with the above question?

Thanks a lot for your usual help

The Final approved only means that as of when the approval was done all stages were passed, a final review was done based on which all your documents were valid and thus your application was approved.

However, if you ee page 1 of your GCMS, the status will show open. It will remain open until a COPR is issued to you, and when done, it will also be reflected on your MyCIC account.

No one can predict what has happened on your GCMS notes. If there has been any progress, you will see it, if not, then you will get what you had before.

If your meds have expired, and your application has been processed, then for final, it will show blank, as a final review will be done again after your meds are extended or you submit new meds.

hlp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Done....
07-12-2020
Hi @legalfalcon
Very great that you clear every person doubts.
Can you also help me with my problem
As per ircc agent my eligibility criminal and background check are passed a month ago and waiting so long for my approval... do you have any idea about these kind of cases. My Aor - October 27,2020
CEC inland,

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hey @legalfalcon

i kindly need your help analyzing these GCMS notes, it says in the notes:
“Fingerprint: tried maximum attempts but this is the best combination captured. Hands are bit moist.”
I only tried once and the VAC officer told me its good, will this create any issues or delay to my file? And can I request doing them again?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Very great that you clear every person doubts.
Can you also help me with my problem
As per ircc agent my eligibility criminal and background check are passed a month ago and waiting so long for my approval... do you have any idea about these kind of cases. My Aor - October 27,2020
CEC inland,
Most cases are of this kind where most stages are passed and there is no COPR or approval. If your eligibility is passed, you should be happy and just wait it out.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon

i kindly need your help analyzing these GCMS notes, it says in the notes:
“Fingerprint: tried maximum attempts but this is the best combination captured. Hands are bit moist.”
I only tried once and the VAC officer told me its good, will this create any issues or delay to my file? And can I request doing them again?
No, this will have no issue. However, IRCC can asks you for a new fingerprints if required.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/conditions.html

Canadian Immigration Biometric Identification System (CIBIDS) poor quality fingerprints
CIBIDS accepts poor quality fingerprints and provides real-time feedback to advise officers when a poor quality fingerprint has been taken.

When CIBIDS advises officers of a poor quality fingerprint, the officer should attempt to take the fingerprint again.

However, the officer can also choose to accept the poor quality fingerprint. The officer must select the appropriate reason for why a poor quality fingerprint was accepted. Officers have the option of including additional notes and should define and record alternative reasons for the acceptance, where appropriate.

The information is displayed in the Global Case Management System (GCMS) and is visible to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) officer assessing the application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/administration/fingerprints.html

Reactions: abqalhamairi

hlp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Done....
07-12-2020
Most cases are of this kind where most stages are passed and there is no COPR or approval. If your eligibility is passed, you should be happy and just wait it out.
Do you think it will take more than 6 month bench mark

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
No, this will have no issue. However, IRCC can asks you for a new fingerprints if required.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/conditions.html

Canadian Immigration Biometric Identification System (CIBIDS) poor quality fingerprints
CIBIDS accepts poor quality fingerprints and provides real-time feedback to advise officers when a poor quality fingerprint has been taken.

When CIBIDS advises officers of a poor quality fingerprint, the officer should attempt to take the fingerprint again.

However, the officer can also choose to accept the poor quality fingerprint. The officer must select the appropriate reason for why a poor quality fingerprint was accepted. Officers have the option of including additional notes and should define and record alternative reasons for the acceptance, where appropriate.

The information is displayed in the Global Case Management System (GCMS) and is visible to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) officer assessing the application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/administration/fingerprints.html
Thank you for your reply.

david1211

Mar 24, 2020
Hi. @legalfalcon. I submitted my PR application under CEC in October 2019. I am an inland applicant, single, with no children. Until today they are still putting my file on hold. According to my GCMS notes, the very last update was made by IRCC on Oct 21, 2020, which says my file was "approved". I can even see my COPR number generated on Oct 21, 2020. After that day nothing has been done, and I have been waiting for the COPR letter for 5 months. I do not believe that IRCC can use COVID as an excuse on my application because the covid lockdown happened after 5 months of my AOR date. I have got enough evidence from both my GCMS notes and my webform emails that IRCC was not communicating with me clearly and doing their job properly during the whole process. I also believe that IRCC has violated the law of natural justice and procedural fairness in my case. Would you suggest me to file a mandamus appeal to Federal Court? Should I appeal to Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration first before filing this mandamus lawsuit? What would you suggest?

Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi. @legalfalcon. I submitted my PR application under CEC in October 2019. I am an inland applicant, single, with no children. Until today they are still putting my file on hold. According to my GCMS notes, the very last update was made by IRCC on Oct 21, 2020, which says my file was "approved". I can even see my COPR number generated on Oct 21, 2020. After that day nothing has been done, and I have been waiting for the COPR letter for 5 months. I do not believe that IRCC can use COVID as an excuse on my application because the covid lockdown happened after 5 months of my AOR date. I have got enough evidence from both my GCMS notes and my webform emails that IRCC was not communicating with me clearly and doing their job properly during the whole process. I also believe that IRCC has violated the law of natural justice and procedural fairness in my case. Would you suggest me to file a mandamus appeal to Federal Court? Should I appeal to Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration first before filing this mandamus lawsuit? What would you suggest?

Thank you.

First of all Mandamus is not a right, it is a discretion of the Court based on many factors. First of all you need to understand what Mandamus is and why it is filed. If there has been an inordinate delay only then a writ of mandamus can be filed before the Federal Court asking the court to compel the Minister of Immigration to make a decision on your file. However, each case is different and based on individual circumstances which would determine if the case would succeed or not.

The legal test to be applied when determining whether to grant an order for mandamus is set out in Kalachnikov v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration),2003 FCT 777, citing Apotex Inc. v Canada (Attorney General), 1993 CanLII 3004 (FCA), [1994] 1 FC 742 (CA), affirmed by the Supreme Court of Canada in [1994] 3 SCR 1110:

1. There is a public duty to the applicant to act;
2. The duty must be owed to the applicant;
3. There is a clear right to the performance of that duty, in particular:
(a) the applicant has satisfied all conditions precedent giving rise to the duty;​
(b) there was a prior demand for performance of the duty, a reasonable time to comply with the demand, and a subsequent refusal which can be either expressed or implied;​
4. There is no other adequate remedy. [See Note 5 below]
5. The “balance of convenience” favours the applicant (Apotex Inc. v. Canada (A.G.), 1993 CanLII 3004 (FCA), [1994] 1 F.C. 742 (C.A.), aff'd 1994 CanLII 47 (SCC), [1994] 3 S.C.R. 1100, Conille v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), [1992] 2 F.C. 33 (T.D.)).[/QUOTE]

In Conille, supra, 1998 CanLII 9097 (FC), [1999] 2 F.C. 33 (T.D.) , Tremblay-Lamer J. set out three requirements at paragraph 23, that must be met if a delay is to be considered unreasonable:

(1) The delay in question has been longer than the nature of the process required, prima facie;
(2) The applicant and his counsel are not responsible for the delay; and
(3) The authority responsible for the delay has not provided satisfactory justification.

If you test your case against all of the above criteria, and given that your AoR is October 2019, you will not be able to meet the balance of convenience test since the average processing time for an application pre-COVID was 5-8 months. Also, the fact that you are CEC inland, you have the right to stay in Canada, apply for BOWP and any time you spend in Canada will be later counted towards your citizenship (50%). Also, factors such as staffing issues with IRCC, and COVID will play a big role and courts will be reluctant to interfere.

To answer your questions:

1. As per the analysis above, Mandamus does not mandate a specific time frame, but the test is subjective and will depend on a case by case basis.
2. The process will depend on whether you case goes to trial before judge, or is dealt with by your lawyer and IRCC's lawyer and settled. Most cases end up being settled, but at this juncture IRCC will not be inclined to settle, as if they do, it will open room for more similar cases. To take a leave of the Court and going though the process will take 6-8 months, and will cost you at least 5-7K if it settles, and 10-12K it it goes to the court for arguments.
3. There are many applicants who have filed Mandamus and got positive results, but that was in the context of delay in their security screening.

You can read more on mandamus cases:

https://canlii.ca/t/j1vrp
https://canlii.ca/t/jbk59

Also, you can consult an immigration lawyer. Immigration Consultants cannot represent you before the federal court, only lawyers can.

Hope this helps!