+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Oct 27, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Hope you are doing fine. I have been following this forum for a long time.
I just got COPR in my online account but i saw my Country of birth is wrong and my wife's name, date of birth and place of birth is wrong too.

Is this a problem? what should i do?

My AOR is May 13 2020
CEC inland
Bio completed 12Oct 2020
today i received COPR in my CICaccount

will this effect my application too?

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
If the average salary and number of hours have been mentioned that should be sufficient.
Hi @daveishan @legalfalcon I have recently changed my average hours per week for my part time job from 22 to 22.03 after receiving ITA, as my reference letter mentioned the exact figure. I cannot preview my score though. But the change is minute and more 22.03 is more than 22 hours. Is it a problem? I changed it as I wanted to be accurate and the hours on my reference letter are mentioned the same way.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @daveishan @legalfalcon I have recently changed my average hours per week for my part time job from 22 to 22.03 after receiving ITA, as my reference letter mentioned the exact figure. I cannot preview my score though. But the change is minute and more 22.03 is more than 22 hours. Is it a problem? I changed it as I wanted to be accurate and the hours on my reference letter are mentioned the same way.
Change in number of hours will not have any impact. However, when you submit your application you can do so with the revised number of hours.

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Change in number of hours will not have any impact. However, when you submit your application you can do so with the revised number of hours.
Hi @legalfalcon thank you. This was a past employment. I have already changed the hours in my application. I was concerned as they would be slightly different from express entry, and if they would impact the score, as I received ITA with 22 hours per week. But now I have corrected it too 22.03.

Last edited:

Kkdpns

Dec 5, 2019
The spousal sponsorship or family sponsorship is the best way. Apart from that your family can apply for a visitor's visa. IF they are US citizens they do note need a visa and can enter Canada and then apply for a visitor's record. However, they will need to be sponsored to stay permanently in Canada.
Thank You for your response! What’s your take on visitor visa for spouse .Does it have high chance of rejection when I have an approved PR ?

Oct 27, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Hope you are doing fine. I have been following this forum for a long time.
I just got COPR in my online account but i saw my Country of birth is wrong and my wife's name, date of birth and place of birth is wrong too.

Is this a problem? what should i do?

My AOR is May 13 2020
CEC inland
Bio completed 12Oct 2020
today i received COPR in my CICaccount

will this effect my application too?
@legalfalcon please i need your advice

Mr.Happy123

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Hey LegalFalcon,

I have applied for PR as an inland FSW. In my application, they asked for my PhD degree (from McGill). At that time, I did not have the degree due to Covid as McGill was closed and the convocation was canceled. I got a letter from McGill saying that I had graduated and that the degree was awarded. I uploaded this letter and explained, in detail, that it was covid's fault. Now I have the degree in my hand, how do I uploaded it to my file? Thank you so much for your help!

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
@legalfalcon thank you for your help till now. I have a question regarding proof of funds. How long before the submission of application should the proof of funds should be provided? I am getting a letter made now, but plan to submit my application maybe in a month. I wanted to make sure that the letter is provided as I did not want to delay it too much. I will also attach my latest bank statements. There is no specific timeline mentioned on the website. Any views on this? Thanks

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
@legalfalcon

Jan23 AoR here. MY IRCC portal just updated and I got a request:

"
1. The enclosed Supplementary Information Request for Students form. Please complete the form fully with information concerning any current and past studies

2. CV/Resume: Please provide a copy of your resume (CV), a document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience.
"

I'm currently living in my home country (US national) and not a student. What does this mean and should I be worried? Are there any resources you could point me towards?

My current status as per last GCMS: Eligibility Met, Criminality in progress, Security not started. Stream FSW-O

Also in my BG check status, it shows
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Thanks!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon thank you. This was a past employment. I have already changed the hours in my application. I was concerned as they would be slightly different from express entry, and if they would impact the score, as I received ITA with 22 hours per week. But now I have corrected it too 22.03.

Calculating work experience for FSW

Work experience can be calculated by:

• adding up the number of continuous weeks of full-time (or equivalent in part-time) paid work (i.e., 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in one full-time job, a combined total of at least 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in more than one part-time job,
  • 15 hours per week in one part-time job over a period of two years, etc) in one or more skilled occupations at Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of NOC 2011.
Note: Work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours of paid work over a period of one week cannot compensate for less than one year of full-time work experience.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon please i need your advice
This error will have no impact on your application. But you should get it corrected as when you land in Canada, your COPR will be checked with the passport. So all details have to be correct.

Send a webform or contact the LVO that sent you the COPR.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey LegalFalcon,

I have applied for PR as an inland FSW. In my application, they asked for my PhD degree (from McGill). At that time, I did not have the degree due to Covid as McGill was closed and the convocation was canceled. I got a letter from McGill saying that I had graduated and that the degree was awarded. I uploaded this letter and explained, in detail, that it was covid's fault. Now I have the degree in my hand, how do I uploaded it to my file? Thank you so much for your help!
Send the scan of the degree via webfom. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Reactions: Mr.Happy123

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Jan23 AoR here. MY IRCC portal just updated and I got a request:

"
1. The enclosed Supplementary Information Request for Students form. Please complete the form fully with information concerning any current and past studies

2. CV/Resume: Please provide a copy of your resume (CV), a document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience.
"

I'm currently living in my home country (US national) and not a student. What does this mean and should I be worried? Are there any resources you could point me towards?

My current status as per last GCMS: Eligibility Met, Criminality in progress, Security not started. Stream FSW-O

Also in my BG check status, it shows
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Thanks!
If you have an advanced degree in any science field, IRCC usually asks these documents and it is fairly common. You can search the forum and you will see many applicants, reporting such request.

This is used to conduct a BGC to see if your education is in a field that could potentially be dangerous to the security or your affiliations could pose a problem. However, for most this is a routine request and after they submit it, the applications is processed smoothly.

canpraspirant

Jul 8, 2020
@legalfalcon

January 2020 applicant here. I received a request letter from LVO, asking for additional information related to my travel history (intention of travel trips and how they were financed). I replied back with detailed explanation of my travel trips. I want to ask should I send scans of expired passports (showing entry exit stamps, visa stickers) via webform?? I only uploaded bio page of my valid passport at the time of application, as there were no travel stamps in the valid passport (all travel stamps are in expired passports).

Thanks in advance for your forever support. The request letter was received and replied back almost 2 months ago