+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Bali01

Dec 19, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon I have copr and i have a question that
Do i need to send them registered mail like with tracking number and once they receive it , will i get email for that card process application ? And do i need to send two photos or just one .
It’s confusing because in letter it says send one
But in the phot specifications they are aking for two ? Plz help @legalfalcon
Can u please tell me steps for PR card because it copr just states that i need photo and copr copy and send it to Winnipeg office .they didn’t mentioned about tracking.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I have copr and i have a question that
Do i need to send them registered mail like with tracking number and once they receive it , will i get email for that card process application ? And do i need to send two photos or just one .
It’s confusing because in letter it says send one
But in the phot specifications they are aking for two ? Plz help @legalfalcon
Can u please tell me steps for PR card because it copr just states that i need photo and copr copy and send it to Winnipeg office .they didn’t mentioned about tracking.

Earlier IRCC sent the first PR card upon landing, and it was done automatically. If you are in land applicant and have received a COPR, and the letters asks you to mail an application for PR card you will have to follow the procedure.

The procedure as listed on the IRCC website is for a renewal or a replacement PR card only, not a new one.

Can you share the email you received with the instructions.

Lizmisra

Oct 26, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon -

Could you please help me with the travel history section? I am confused with the dates and cities visited. The visit was for tourism purpose.

Passport Stamp Date: 21-Jul-2019 - [Journey started from Kolkata].
Passport Stamp date: 22-Jul-2019 Reached Bangkok - completed the immigration formalities and then had a connecting flight to Phuket.
From 22-Jul-19 till 24-Jul-19 - I had a stay in Phuket. [3 days]
From 25-Jul-19 till 26-Jul-19 - Travelled by road from Phuket to Krabi - I had a stay in Krabi [2 days]
Passport Stamp date: 27-Jul-2019 took my return flight from Krabi to Kolkata. However, I had a layover in Kuala Lumpur (28-Jul-19) was inside the Airport all the time (no stamping in the passport), maybe for 4~5 hours and onboarded Flight from Kuala Lumpur to Kolkata and reached on 28-Jul-19

So, my question here is in the "Travel History" section, how should I mention:

Option A:
To: 28-Jul-19 - [Kolkata]
Country of visit: Thailand
City/town or region of visit: Bangkok

No need to mention my stays at Phuket and Krabi? and no need to mention about Kuala Lampur

Option B:
To: 27-Jul-19 - [Krabi]
City/town or region of visit: Bangkok, Phuket and Krabi

Option C:

And Make another entry and mention:
Country of visit: Malaysia
City/town or region of visit: Kuala Lumpur

Or mention only in LOE that I had a layover in Kuala Lumpur or it is not required? Please advise.

Thanks!

deepshikha123

Star Member
May 20, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

I came back from Canada to india before receiving my pr cards due to covid.
Now I am planning to go back.. please guide how to get prtd and what is the processing time for the same.

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon -

Could you please help me with the travel history section? I am confused with the dates and cities visited. The visit was for tourism purpose.

Passport Stamp Date: 21-Jul-2019 - [Journey started from Kolkata].
Passport Stamp date: 22-Jul-2019 Reached Bangkok - completed the immigration formalities and then had a connecting flight to Phuket.
From 22-Jul-19 till 24-Jul-19 - I had a stay in Phuket. [3 days]
From 25-Jul-19 till 26-Jul-19 - Travelled by road from Phuket to Krabi - I had a stay in Krabi [2 days]
Passport Stamp date: 27-Jul-2019 took my return flight from Krabi to Kolkata. However, I had a layover in Kuala Lumpur (28-Jul-19) was inside the Airport all the time (no stamping in the passport), maybe for 4~5 hours and onboarded Flight from Kuala Lumpur to Kolkata and reached on 28-Jul-19

So, my question here is in the "Travel History" section, how should I mention:

Option A:
City/town or region of visit: Bangkok

No need to mention my stays at Phuket and Krabi? and no need to mention about Kuala Lampur

Option B:

Option C:

And Make another entry and mention:
Country of visit: Malaysia
City/town or region of visit: Kuala Lumpur

Or mention only in LOE that I had a layover in Kuala Lumpur or it is not required? Please advise.

Thanks!
When you enter the details you have to take either the departure or arrival date and keep it consistent.

So in your case, take the departure date from Kolkata and the arrival back to Kolkata.

Mr.Happy123

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Hey Falcon,
I have a question for you:
I was asked by CIC for a RCMP police certificate. I am currently working in Canada. I just got my police certificate and it says in the first paragraph: " ...the Applicant whose name and date of birth appear below could not be associated to an existing Criminal Record.." This sounds good.

However, in the second paragraph it says: "This also certifies that a search by the RCMP using the same fingerprints has resulted in a POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION to immigration fingerprints registered...." What does that mean? Anyone also got this? Is this a normal statement? Should I be worried?

Thank you so much for your time!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey Falcon,
I have a question for you:
I was asked by CIC for a RCMP police certificate. I am currently working in Canada. I just got my police certificate and it says in the first paragraph: " ...the Applicant whose name and date of birth appear below could not be associated to an existing Criminal Record.." This sounds good.

However, in the second paragraph it says: "This also certifies that a search by the RCMP using the same fingerprints has resulted in a POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION to immigration fingerprints registered...." What does that mean? Anyone also got this? Is this a normal statement? Should I be worried?

Thank you so much for your time!
When RCMP conducted the search, they do so by putting your fingerprints into the system and see if it matches with any record. If you have a criminal record in Canada, then the police takes your finger prints and saves them in the criminal database. The database is called the Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services (CCRTIS) and it maintains the National Repository of Criminal Records.

When you provided the biometrics, they too are entered in the same system. So even though your finger prints did not match any prior criminal record, they did match with your biometric finger prints.

This is what "resulted in a POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION to immigration fingerprints registered" means.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/protecting-appplicants-privacy.html

From this link:

Sharing information
When assessing your application, we’ll share your fingerprints and photo with the Canada Border Services Agency and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). We may also share it with other law enforcement agencies in Canada to enforce any Canadian or provincial law, as well as with Canadian government institutions or foreign governments according to Canada’s privacy laws.

Your fingerprints and photo will also be shared with the U.S., the United Kingdom (U.K.), Australia and New Zealand in a way that respects:

• privacy laws
  • civil liberties
  • human rights (including the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms)

Vv sam

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi @legalfalcon , I am a seafarer so I am having a lot of travel history as the ship goes to many places and in past, I have visas for the USA where some travel history(like transit or joining ship from there so staying 2 -3 days in various countries) in the application was provided and I do not remember what that was (also unable to retrieve data). My question is that now as filling eAPR I have to give travel history again and I don't remember dates and number of places (only remember a few), Please guide me how to fill that section of eAPR now?

Kkdpns

Dec 5, 2019
@legalfalcon Hi Legalfalcon,

I am the primary applicant and my spouse and kids(US born) are non-accompanying in my application.Once I get PR, what are the best option (apart from regular spousal sponsorship) to bring them to canada ?

I was reading on some other threads that travel visas have a very high chance for rejection for spouse. Is this true ? If yes, what are the most viable options?

i will really appreciate your response! Thanks in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , I am a seafarer so I am having a lot of travel history as the ship goes to many places and in past, I have visas for the USA where some travel history(like transit or joining ship from there so staying 2 -3 days in various countries) in the application was provided and I do not remember what that was (also unable to retrieve data). My question is that now as filling eAPR I have to give travel history again and I don't remember dates and number of places (only remember a few), Please guide me how to fill that section of eAPR now?

You can fill in what you know with the best of your memory and include a LoE, and explain that you work in the merchant navy and have multiple entries and exit due to this and do not remember the dates.

For us you can use this website to get your entry and exit details https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home#section

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi Legalfalcon,

I am the primary applicant and my spouse and kids(US born) are non-accompanying in my application.Once I get PR, what are the best option (apart from regular spousal sponsorship) to bring them to canada ?

I was reading on some other threads that travel visas have a very high chance for rejection for spouse. Is this true ? If yes, what are the most viable options?

i will really appreciate your response! Thanks in advance!
The spousal sponsorship or family sponsorship is the best way. Apart from that your family can apply for a visitor's visa. IF they are US citizens they do note need a visa and can enter Canada and then apply for a visitor's record. However, they will need to be sponsored to stay permanently in Canada.

UmaFa

Oct 27, 2020
Greetings,

I have just joined the Forum upon the suggestion of a friend. I have recently received my GCSM notes. Which are worrisome. In notes of Case Processing Agent, he wrote: he assessed my application for 903 points whereas my total score was 928.
Upon the details screening of my notes I have seen that in INCOMING part of notes, He did not add any status for my work History.
Just to elaborate further, soon after AOR I have raised a Webform and share my new job contract which was an extension of my previous employment along with POF documents ( being extra honest with my application). I have seen "Review Required " for those shared documents as well in the INCOMING part of NOTES.
they wrote this as well
" ITA:68/MIN Required FSW Score:67 Total FSW Points Assessed:53 PNP Triage: Refer to IR"
It seems they haven't included points for my work experience
I would highly appreciate from experts of the forum to share their opinions and thoughts.

I look forward to hearing from you people. @legalfalcon
Thank you @legalfalcon for your response in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Greetings,

I have just joined the Forum upon the suggestion of a friend. I have recently received my GCSM notes. Which are worrisome. In notes of Case Processing Agent, he wrote: he assessed my application for 903 points whereas my total score was 928.
Upon the details screening of my notes I have seen that in INCOMING part of notes, He did not add any status for my work History.
Just to elaborate further, soon after AOR I have raised a Webform and share my new job contract which was an extension of my previous employment along with POF documents ( being extra honest with my application). I have seen "Review Required " for those shared documents as well in the INCOMING part of NOTES.
they wrote this as well
" ITA:68/MIN Required FSW Score:67 Total FSW Points Assessed:53 PNP Triage: Refer to IR"
It seems they haven't included points for my work experience
I would highly appreciate from experts of the forum to share their opinions and thoughts.

I look forward to hearing from you people. @legalfalcon
Thank you @legalfalcon for your response in advance!
The cRS going from 928 to 903 is not an issue. However, all applicants have. meet the MEC requirement, i.e. they have to have 67 points. If you do not meet that and you have a RR, then an officer will have to make a determination on it.

The incoming part is the documents you sent and if they were sent after your submitted your ITA, there will be RR.