+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Helpmee

Oct 27, 2018
Dear Sir, the mail which getgcms has mailed to candidates is incomplete due to privacy reasons. Can you please tell when getgcms is expecting resolution for the delay in gcms notes, I have already crossed 46 days. I am planning to apply from gcms buddy now.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

My AOR is of October 19th. Now my passport will expire on October 1st, 2020. Now, should

1.) I wait for my PPR & then make a new passport later after landing?
2.) Should I now right away renew my passport and then update via webform asap? or
3.) I should wait till March for PPR & if I don't get it then I submit it via webform? [will updating my info using webform so late can cause any problem?]

Pls advice Sir about which option above should i follow to avoid any delays and confusions in my processing. thanks
If your passport is about to expire, you should immediately renew it and update IRCC. This is advantageous for the following reasons:

1. The PR visa will not be issue to you beyond the expiry date of any of the PP of the individuals on the application. So it is always better to have a passport that is valid for a longer duration.

2. Your PP will be your identity document when you land in Canada. You will need it initially for all your initial settling things and the last thing you want is sending your PP and having to wait for a few weeks to renew it. So better do it now.

After you get your renewed passport, you can send the scanned copies to IRCC via webform.

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Sir, the mail which getgcms has mailed to candidates is incomplete due to privacy reasons. Can you please tell when getgcms is expecting resolution for the delay in gcms notes, I have already crossed 46 days. I am planning to apply from gcms buddy now.
You will have to send an email to getgcms to get the latest update. As regards applying from another website, it is your choice. The GCMS notes are released by IRCC and are subject to Access to Information Act. Any information relayed is subject to Privacy Act. No information sent is incomplete, only personal information is redacted. For any specific information, you can contact GET GCMS.

tallguywithbeard

Dec 12, 2018
Dear @legalfalcon
Thank you for the reply.
It helps clear up a lot of doubts, and I'll do as you say regarding the statutory questions.

I just have one followup.

With regards to Schedule A: IMM5669e in the personal history section, the table says, "if you are not working, provide information on what you were doing (studying, travelling, unemployed etc). If you were outside your country of nationality, indicate your status in that country.

My country of nationality is India
I studied in Singapore for 4 years and took 15 trips back during vacations (Roughly 4 semester break vacations a year)

Do I have to write my personal history as :

• FROM TO ACTIVITY COUNTRY STATUS
  • 2008-04 to 2008-09 Educational Activity Singapore Student
  • 2008-10 to 2008-10 Vacation 10 days India Citizen
  • 2008-10 to 2008-12 Educational Activity Singapore Student
  • 2008-12 to 2009-01 Vacation 10 days India Citizen
  • 2009-01 to 2009-06 Educational Activity Singapore Student
  • 2009-07 to 2009-07 Vacation 10 days India Citizen
  • 2009-07 to 2009-09 Educational Activity Singapore Student
  • 2009-10 to 2009-10 Vacation 10 days India Citizen
  • 2009-10 to 2009-11 Educational Activity Singapore Student

and so on. Is this correct? and is it alright if the activity began and ended in the same month, since that's what it is in my passport stamps.

OR
is this the correct way to write, since perhaps I've to mention trips only OUTSIDE my country of nationality?
  • 2008-04 to 2008-09 Educational Activity Singapore Student
  • 2008-10 to 2008-12 Educational Activity Singapore Student
  • 2009-01 to 2009-06 Educational Activity Singapore Student
  • 2009-07 to 2009-09 Educational Activity Singapore Student
  • 2009-10 to 2009-11 Educational Activity Singapore Student
and so on.

OR

Do I just write a straightforward
2008-04 to 2012-06 Educational Activity Singapore Student

Any guidance will be most appreciated

HN92

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

Hope all is well. Can you please shed some light on my situation below:

AOR: Jan 24
Meds: Expired Sep 15th (no remed request yet)
Eligibility: Passed (as of Oct 6th; confirmed by an agent)
Background verifications: In progress

The question is really around criminality, prior to Oct 6th the criminality was 'Passed' but after Eligibility got cleared, it went to
'In Progress'. Any reason as to why Criminality could go from 'Passed' to 'In Progress'?

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Hello Legalfalcon,

I am a Canadian PR and I sponsored my wife and daughter to Canada who became sponsored PR in May 2019. Throughout our PR process, I often asked for your valuable advice, which proved to be really useful.

Now my question is can I apply for programs like Healthy Smile Ontario (HSO- which is a publicly funded dental coverage in Ontario) and Childcare Fee Subsidy for our sponsored child?

I am asking this question because my child was sponsored to Canada and when I sponsored her I had to sign an undertaking that I will bear all her expenses. Now if I apply for such public fundings will it get us into any trouble, especially when I apply for my Canadian citizenship after a year.

On a recent visit to a dentist, my wife actually applied for HSO and her application got approved. The HSO program paid for my daughter's recent dental treatment, which is obviously quite expensive.

We are also paying for a daycare service as me and my wife both are working. Therefore we have applied for the Childcare Fee Subsidy and we are currently on the waiting list.

I can understand that I might be eligible to apply for certain fundings and not eligible for some others. Now I am wondering if I must withdraw from the HSO coverage and withdraw my application for the Childcare Fee Subsidy so that we don't get into any trouble in the future. Interestingly, the eligibility requirements of these programs did not mention anything about any restrictions if a child was sponsored.

Please advise what to do.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
If your passport is about to expire, you should immediately renew it and update IRCC. This is advantageous for the following reasons:

1. The PR visa will not be issue to you beyond the expiry date of any of the PP of the individuals on the application. So it is always better to have a passport that is valid for a longer duration.

2. Your PP will be your identity document when you land in Canada. You will need it initially for all your initial settling things and the last thing you want is sending your PP and having to wait for a few weeks to renew it. So better do it now.

After you get your renewed passport, you can send the scanned copies to IRCC via webform.

@legalfalcon Sir,

I have 11 months of validity remained for my passport, so would you advise me to right away renew my passport now and update CIC using Webform? or I should wait to see for PPR & then after Copr I can get a new passport?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I just want to say THANK YOU!!!!! You have been such a great support and help during this entire process. Today I received PPR. Thank you @legalfalcon l. May God bless you!!!!!
Heartiest congratulations and thank you for your kind words. All the best for the journey ahead!

Reactions: Holyange

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
@legalfalcon I have inadvertently deposited $11,000 cash in my salary account which is around 60% of my entire POF. Doing some late research, I found out that depositing cash is an absolute terrible idea. My father recently sold a property so I can show a sale deed along with gift deed. However, the sale deed is not in English language and I don't want to open a new can of worms by showing it. More so, because the payment I am using was a part of cost paid in cash so the amount didn't go to my father's account first.

I can now take the cash out, deposit it in my father's account and have him transfer it the right way. But the VO will see the $11,000 fumble in my account prior to gift money coming in. I heard getting a new account is also a bad idea.

Plan B: May be once I have an ITA, I will arrange another $11,000 and route it through my dad's account. That will take my account to $11,000 excess POF but the cash deposit will still be there.

Please advise.

P.S: I am expecting an ITA soon so there is no way to showing a 6 month ageing.
@legalfalcon I have asked this question on the forum, but would highly appreciate your input.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have asked this question on the forum, but would highly appreciate your input.
If you cannot meet the 6 months average balance requirement, you can show the funds though a gift deed.

You do not require the average balance if you are showing the funds via gift deed.

Helpmee

Oct 27, 2018
There is no point getting a new meds until asked for. IRCC can in its own discretion extend you meds. Usually after the processing of the application and any additional documents is complete, and during the final review the decision on the meds will be made.
Dear Sir, since you were busy last week, in anticipation I have done upfront re-medical with logic that it might trigger my case. My case is post ppr divorce and its been 3 months I have submitted divorce decree. Since honourable Mr. Ralph confirmed eligibility, criminality and security passed on September first week. I was curious for re med request, also now days re med request are getting delayed from cic end. Therefore I took this step of upfront re med.

How long it can take to get revised ppr, initially you said it can take 1-3 months depending upon vo.
Can you please suggest why they take so long to verify a divorce decree. I hope re med will be easily updated and will not create further trouble.

Helpmee

Oct 27, 2018
Dear sir one more query, earlier I applied notes from getgcms which are delayed, is it true of I apply again from getgcms only one set will be released depending upon their process.
However If I apply through different service provider than I will get 2 sets, one from getgcms and other from second service provider.
While doing websearch I found a website visa info which provides fast gcms service, they made below mentioned claim, are they reliable, is this service relevant.
With Fast GCMS option only the officer's notes from your visa file will be requested.

Typical GCMS notes include 40 to 200 pages of information of little importance. By law not all information can be released to the requesting party. Certain information has to be withheld due to privacy and security considerations. Every GCMS request is examined by an officer page by page to identify information that is exempt from release.

With Fast GCMS request an officer has to review just a few pages instead of dozens and hundreds, which can typically reduce the processing time.

Choose Fast GCMS if you only need to understand the officer's arguments and reasoning, for example if you need to know why your application was refused.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear sir one more query, earlier I applied notes from getgcms which are delayed, is it true of I apply again from getgcms only one set will be released depending upon their process.
However If I apply through different service provider than I will get 2 sets, one from getgcms and other from second service provider.
While doing websearch I found a website visa info which provides fast gcms service, they made below mentioned claim, are they reliable, is this service relevant.
With Fast GCMS option only the officer's notes from your visa file will be requested.

Typical GCMS notes include 40 to 200 pages of information of little importance. By law not all information can be released to the requesting party. Certain information has to be withheld due to privacy and security considerations. Every GCMS request is examined by an officer page by page to identify information that is exempt from release.

With Fast GCMS request an officer has to review just a few pages instead of dozens and hundreds, which can typically reduce the processing time.

Choose Fast GCMS if you only need to understand the officer's arguments and reasoning, for example if you need to know why your application was refused.
There are many websites that claim a lot of things. While it is entirely your choice what you wish to do.

However, the GCMS notes are released under the Access to Information Act. The law is the same and no one can expedite it. If you place two requests within 30 days of each other, IRCC will release the most recent GCMS notes, which will reflect the status after the second request.

If the second request is placed after the 30 days, then in most cases IRCC will release two sets of GCMS notes, one for each request.

There is nothing known as fast GCMS. Section 7 of the Access to Information Act clearly states:

Where access to a record is requested under this Act, the head of the government institution to which the request is made shall, subject to sections 8, 9 and 11, within thirty days after the request is received.

Read the law, not the claims. Access to Information Act is available here.

Buska828

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Hi, @legalfalcon I am January 17, 2019 AOR applicant and as of October 1st status has been approved per calls to cic and based on ecas a decision has been made, but no ppr email has been received to date. Last week, I emailed Ottawa vo to confirm said approval. I received a reply from them saying that they have received my passport and will return when the process is complete. It's alarming because I did not even send my passport to them because I have not even received the ready for visa email yet. I called today and the agent confirmed that there's a note on file that says they have received my passport on Nov 1st. This is really alarming. But the agent said he will send a message to Ottawa to rectify the error. Is there anything else I can do to help rectify the situation? I am so scared that they have received somebody else's passport and gave my visa away to someone else. Is that even possible? Please help.