+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
Renew the PP now and send a scan to IRCC after your receive the new PP. No need waiting. Also, the PR visa cannot be given beyond the expiry of the PP of any of the family member.

So go ahead and renew it ASAP.

As regards SS, only if you have been ins security for more than 2-3 months, after your eligibility is passed, that is an indication of SS.
Thank you very much @legalfalcon for your valuable insight. I will do accordingly ASAP. I am crossing 2.5 months of my security check... let's see how long it takes.

shru_91

Dec 17, 2018
The first thing is that after your application is approved, you will be issued a PR visa (single entry) along with the COPR. You have to enter Canada before the expiry of the PR visa. In most cases the PR visa is valid for 6 months, expiry of the medicals (1 year), expiry of passport of any of the family member in the application; which ever expires before.

If you child is born after your receive the PR visa & COPR, but before you land, you can add your child to the application, and IRCC will cancel the existing PR and COPR and issue you a new one for all members, including your new born.

You can only add your child after it is born. All you need to do is send your newborn's passport, medicals, birth certificate and forms. You will also have to make sure that your PoF now meets the family size which includes your new born.

Also, the secondary applicant cannot land in Canada before the primary applicant. The primary applicant has to land before, or along with the secondary applicants.

1. Re-medicals are only requested if your medicals have expired. If they are valid, then no remeds are requested and if your medicals are about to expire, IRCC may even extend them.

2. You can only add your newborn after it is born. As soon as the baby is born, gather the above documents and inform IRCC.

3. You can renew the PP any time, before or after, it does not matter. If you renew before, send the scan of the new passport to IRCC. Ideally you should renew it before, so that your PR visa can be issued in your new passport, just for convenience, although it does not matter.

Also, be advised that after the PR visa is issued, getting extensions is very difficult. So plan accordingly.
@legalfalcon :Thank you sir for clarifying my queries.quick question,how long does it usually take for CIC to add the new born to the application after sending the required documents?

Prakashbe.ckp

Mar 30, 2017
Dear Legal Falcon,

I am the PA and I m expecting PPR within this month, after copr for both myself and my wife can I be able to delay my wife's landing to Canada after 8 months. This is due to doctors strict advice not to travel because of pregnancy. If so, can u let me know the procedure to intimate CIC after COPR

Bhupinderalgon

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Lately there have been delays. In the next few things, it should get better. Also, what is your VO?
Sydney, Nova scotia

And i finally received gcms notes,

Eligibility: recommend passed
Security: not started
Hirv:
Criminality : not started
Medical: passed

And i have just under this

Paper file
Office: Niagra falls IRCC

And i haven’t received any document request

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
I just found out that I hadn't included a portion of my legit work experience on a temporary resident visa applied earlier (which was promptly refused).

Now I am claiming points for the said experience. I have the reference letters (with job duties and working hours), pay slips for salary received in cash and also a rudimentary job letter.

Do you think the fact that I had omitted the information in the TR form will trouble me in my application? And if yes, then to what extent?

And the reason I didn't include that back then was because it was part time work during studies, and I had apprehensions that V.O might question as to how could I work part time while being a full time student. I mean, I was convinced to an effect that it won't help my case if I included it and that it wasn't relevant.

So, would the discrepancy bug me now that I wish to claim points for it?
@legalfalcon
TIA :)

will2009

Dec 27, 2017
@legalfalcon Please share your thoughts/ knowledge on this. My criminality check has been going for a while and I haven't received a pass yet. I did submit a police certificate in my application (PR - FSW). Does IRCC contact my home country to verify the PCC? If that's the case, it's gonna take long as my home country is notorious for time-consuming public services. Thank you so much!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Please share your thoughts/ knowledge on this. My criminality check has been going for a while and I haven't received a pass yet. I did submit a police certificate in my application (PR - FSW). Does IRCC contact my home country to verify the PCC? If that's the case, it's gonna take long as my home country is notorious for time-consuming public services. Thank you so much!
If you submitted your PCC as per what IRCC mentions in its website, you are all good. In some cases, it may take longer to verify the criminality, which can be due to PCC, and also BGCs.

In some cases applications are referred to CBSA and criminality is cleared along with security.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I just found out that I hadn't included a portion of my legit work experience on a temporary resident visa applied earlier (which was promptly refused).

Now I am claiming points for the said experience. I have the reference letters (with job duties and working hours), pay slips for salary received in cash and also a rudimentary job letter.

Do you think the fact that I had omitted the information in the TR form will trouble me in my application? And if yes, then to what extent?

And the reason I didn't include that back then was because it was part time work during studies, and I had apprehensions that V.O might question as to how could I work part time while being a full time student. I mean, I was convinced to an effect that it won't help my case if I included it and that it wasn't relevant.

So, would the discrepancy bug me now that I wish to claim points for it?
@legalfalcon
TIA :)
It is a settled principle that there cannot be any discrepancies in the information you provide in your applications, even when they may be for different visas.

IRCC is clear that when the principal Applicant does not provide complete, honest and truthful information both when she submitts her application for permanent residence and subsequently submits her application for temporary residence. If both applications are clearly contradictory; therefore, there has been a misrepresentation on the part of the principal Applicant. These misrepresentations are material and directly or indirectly induced or could have induced an error in the administration of the Act.

Under paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Act, the Applicant is inadmissible to Canada if she has misrepresented or withheld material facts on a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of the Act. Paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Act read in combination with paragraph 16(1) of the Act, imposes a general and broad duty on the Applicant to disclose all facts which may be material to her application for permanent residence. The Canadian immigration system rests on the premise that all persons applying under the Act will provide truthful and complete information on the basis of which decisions regarding their eventual admission into Canada will be made. The integrity and credibility of that system requires that this duty be taken seriously by all those concerned, including in this case the Applicant.

In your PR application make sure you mention the omission you made in your TRV, and explain why it happened. If your explanation is credible, there should be no issues.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Sydney, Nova scotia

And i finally received gcms notes,

Eligibility: recommend passed
Security: not started
Hirv:
Criminality : not started
Medical: passed

And i have just under this

Paper file
Office: Niagra falls IRCC

And i haven’t received any document request
This note could be for docs from other offices, and not necessarily from you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legal Falcon,

I am the PA and I m expecting PPR within this month, after copr for both myself and my wife can I be able to delay my wife's landing to Canada after 8 months. This is due to doctors strict advice not to travel because of pregnancy. If so, can u let me know the procedure to intimate CIC after COPR
As per the procedure, all family members have to land in Canada before the expiry of your PR visa. If you are unable to do so, you can inform IRCC with supporting documents.

This has to be done via CSE. The sooner you do it, the better.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon :Thank you sir for clarifying my queries.quick question,how long does it usually take for CIC to add the new born to the application after sending the required documents?
1-3 months. But it varies from VO to VO.

ChakT

Apr 4, 2013
Dear @legalfalcon,

Requesting your help here. My AOR is 31st July, 2019. Indian citizen, applied from USA (FSW-O). But I travelled to Canada on work permit a couple of days later.

1. If I update my Canada address through CSE web-form, do I need to provide an updated FBI report obtained after I left USA?

2. How would I handle my biometrics as I understand I cannot provide biometrics from inside Canada. I cannot travel to US without a new visitor visa.

Your help with these queries would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
It is a settled principle that there cannot be any discrepancies in the information you provide in your applications, even when they may be for different visas.

IRCC is clear that when the principal Applicant does not provide complete, honest and truthful information both when she submitts her application for permanent residence and subsequently submits her application for temporary residence. If both applications are clearly contradictory; therefore, there has been a misrepresentation on the part of the principal Applicant. These misrepresentations are material and directly or indirectly induced or could have induced an error in the administration of the Act.

Under paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Act, the Applicant is inadmissible to Canada if she has misrepresented or withheld material facts on a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of the Act. Paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Act read in combination with paragraph 16(1) of the Act, imposes a general and broad duty on the Applicant to disclose all facts which may be material to her application for permanent residence. The Canadian immigration system rests on the premise that all persons applying under the Act will provide truthful and complete information on the basis of which decisions regarding their eventual admission into Canada will be made. The integrity and credibility of that system requires that this duty be taken seriously by all those concerned, including in this case the Applicant.

In your PR application make sure you mention the omission you made in your TRV, and explain why it happened. If your explanation is credible, there should be no issues.
Thank you so much for that thorough answer! Must have been a chore writing that! So thoughtful of you.

And do you think the reason I specified is a credible enough reason?

That I was under an apprehension that since the work overlapped with the studies and was only part time in nature, I was not required to include it?

TIA again! :)

Pak 7625

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-11-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
@legalfalcon , I have a question. I am travelling to US in August. I still haven't received the golden email so there will be nothing on my passport. If i get the golden email during my stay in US, Can I do a soft landing to Canada by road?

Immortal111088

Aug 2, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon..I would be more than grateful if you could solve my query
May 2019 aor
Fsw o
I have a few queries
1. I didn't pay rprf upfront, will it delay my process
2. Currently I have mep and bio done
And bg check is started without receiving rprf request. 22 June my bio was done
Is it a sign to worry?
3. I was refused tourist visa to Europe and America and I have mentioned it in my application. How will it impact my application and will it delay my PR ?
4. I am a self employed case with noc 0621. Will being in this category attract more scrutiny and delay??
5. I forgot to upload my LOE and I have recently uploaded it. Will it impact my process
6. My profile shows we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements..so it's been 3 months and still the eligibility is not met? Is it a concern??
I am very tensed and anxious.
Kindly guide me as soon as possible for you. Kindly help me
I shall be so much grateful to you
Thanks