+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Arod

May 15, 2017
Dear @legalfalcon , I have requested two set of notes so far, but noticed that only the second set of notes delivered to me last week contains the group name and group number. What do these represent? It has been over 7 months since AOR.

The group number starts with 1-G..... and the group name says "Review Required for Proof of Funds" which is what I was expecting to see. I read somewhere that when an application shows this information is because it is close to be finalized, but I'm not so sure. To me it sounds more like what identifies the queue where the file is currently sitting.

natarum

Jul 11, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon,

I am based out of USA currently and planning to get proof of funds letter from one of the US banks. I dont have any outstanding debts/loans, but I have my credit cards and I make the monthly payment correctly. My bank may give proof of funds letter based on my account status with the bank and will not mention anything reg. my credit cards. Do I need to explicitly mention anything reg. my credit cards in LOE?

Thanks

BadLuckSam

Apr 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting.
Hello @legalfalcon,
I received my CBSA notes lately. I'm June 10 2017, so it has been 16 months and my Eligibility has not been initiated yet (https://imgur.com/a/HraFYb0) . The last meaningful note is one year old. (https://imgur.com/a/5jOj9BJ). Since then zero...All the newer notes are regarding the emails I sent. Does that imply rejection or something? Does this happen often?

Oct 24, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon! I hope all is well!

There is a new section in Study Permit: "starting a new program of study within 150 days of receiving a written confirmation of program completion"

This new section was added in March 2018 and I am wondering if this section applies retroactively.

My situation is as follows:
I've got a Masters offer that I received in July, 2017.
I have received my letter regarding completion of my undergraduate degree on September 5th 2017, and deferred my Masters for 1 and a half year, so it starts on January 12th, 2019.
I started working on September 5th, 2017 and applied for PGWP on September 11th, 2017, and I received my PGWP. So essentially I've worked for 5 days after completion of degree, but before applying for PGWP.

However, it seems to me for these 5 days, I fall under the new 150 days rule in the link above. Does it apply retroactively? I know my work after September 11th 2017 is legal because of implied status.

I've yet to apply - but in essence, will they base their decision on the new rules (which are beneficial to me), or will they apply the old rules? I've yet to submit my application and I'm not sure what I should include in the letter of explanation about these 5 days!

Thanks for all the help for all of us!

Reactions: URLseeker

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Dear @legalfalcon

We had our first medical screening my husband was asked to do tuberculosis test which went negative and after medicals expired orecchiette requested new ones and we saw that the xrays report is the same as the first one :( will ircc run a new medical screening again or will they check out first screening report ? Afraid to have again to wait three additional months because of that

Can you please advise?

Thanks

ks231

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-03-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Hi @legalfalcon ,
I need some help to understand my situation .
I received a request letter two months ago and I was advised to submit dependents passports to local Canadian visa office (Dependents are living back home country and I am live in Canada) to finalize their PR application , and it was mentioned in the letter that local IRCC office (in my city ) will contact to finalize the PR application of principal applicant.
Dependents Passports were submitted 7 weeks ago . However , There is no update since that ,and Local IRCC office have not contacted either.
Application status on Ecas tool is decision made for last two month ,IRCC call rep also confirmed me that application is approved and i should wait for the next step.
It has been two months I have not received landing appointment or passport request (for myself).
I am hoping if you please help me to find that what will be the next step and how long it could take to finalize the application . Thanks

ram211991

Jan 25, 2016
Hey @legalfalcon . Gotta question for you.

I have a valid closed WP till Feb 01 and I have applied for PR on May and it almost my six month mark. I just applied BOWP and paid the fees. My doubt is can I quit my job when the BOWP is processing. My company wants me to go back to India on Nov end. But I don't want to. So only way is to quit. But Can I? My R10 passed but my eligibility is still review required because of the job responsibilities letter I missed to submit. I have submitted the letter using web form and they have received it.

Any help would be appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Many thanks @legalfalcon - I had put a yes to the question, also i have attached affidavit along with explanation in the LOE. Just that, i mentioned both passports (cancelled as well as latest) in the ID documents.
You should be good then.

Reactions: mjawarani

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi folks,

I have received a letter from London VO asking me to submit the following:

1) Height & eye colour: Height and eye colour details. This must be received at this office by:
2) Client Information: copy of your passport bio page. This must be received at this office by:

Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account only. Please do not submit physical documents via mail. Please note: All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in your MyCIC account by the date stated above. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application

For query 2 I shall upload the passport bio page scan. However, I am a bit confused about query 1. Do they need a specific document like a medical certificate for this ? Can you guys please guide what exactly to submit to CIC to ensure a satisfactory outcome ?

P.S: I searched this thread but couldn't gather clearly what specific document needs to be submitted for the query.

Looking forward to your valued guidance @legalfalcon

Regards

Application submitted: 26/07/18
PNP-O FSW
No, there is no need for any documents certifying your height and eye colour. You have to provide it your self on a piece of paper. Just measure your height and ask someone to tell you your eye colour. Most driving licenses will have this information.

Reactions: Johnny Ghaddar

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Thank you for answering so many questions ;)
Regarding PPC, it is not clear as to how IRCC defines “visited” and “lived”. I obtained ppc from the embassy of my birth country in 2017. I have dual nationality. Since then I went for a short visit in 2018. Some say that that visit cancelled my ppc, others claim that it didn’t.
Requesting a new ppc is a bit complicated in my situation since the embassy only accepts in person requests and is 4h drive away, +2 weeks of waiting then making another trip to collect the document. I’m 8m pregnant and I’d like to avoid unnecessary trips. Thanks in advance!
There is nothing confusing. As per IRCC:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a rowwithin the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18.
  • Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.

So a visit to a country for less than 6 months will not have any affect on the PCC, and you do not need a new PCC if your visit was for less than 6 months.

However, IRCC has the discretion to ask for additional PCCs on a case by case basis.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: ECLN

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Based on your experience can you please suggest how long it take from re-medical passed to PPR? Thanks!
I cannot answer this. There are many factors that go in it. However, if your re-meds were due to security screening, then after your meds are passed, you should have the PPR in 3-7 weeks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
rejected which was updated on 1st august 2018

And on 2nd august file has been transferred to CPC ottawa.
No need to worry about that. There are many entries which pertain to may requests made to different offices, some a re rejected, some are closed etc.

If there are any concerns, then they would have bene recorded in the notes, see the last 3-7 pages for the officer's notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, I'm in pursuance to get Italian PCC, should it need to be attested, or legalized? Appostille? Notarized? As if required, it takes extra time n money. As well read on forum canada is excluded from haugue convention something like that....also i will submit certified translation of this certificate. Considering the fact that it would be issued from Tribunale (court) and i will upload color scanned copy of it.
I do not see any requirement for Appostille.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/italy.html

So just get the PCC and submit it. If the PCC is in Italian, you may have to get it translated.

Reactions: jojee2k6

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon , I have requested two set of notes so far, but noticed that only the second set of notes delivered to me last week contains the group name and group number. What do these represent? It has been over 7 months since AOR.

The group number starts with 1-G..... and the group name says "Review Required for Proof of Funds" which is what I was expecting to see. I read somewhere that when an application shows this information is because it is close to be finalized, but I'm not so sure. To me it sounds more like what identifies the queue where the file is currently sitting.
It is true that at some stage the application will be grouped based on some factor. Also, when the PPR is issued, they are issued in batches, also in groups.

So if you see that information, then your application is most likely at LVO and you are nearing the final stage. However, if the group is for PoF, then your application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer. As soon as it is reviewed, and eligibility passed, your security will start.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I am based out of USA currently and planning to get proof of funds letter from one of the US banks. I dont have any outstanding debts/loans, but I have my credit cards and I make the monthly payment correctly. My bank may give proof of funds letter based on my account status with the bank and will not mention anything reg. my credit cards. Do I need to explicitly mention anything reg. my credit cards in LOE?

Thanks
No, you need not mention anything about the CC as long as you have no outstanding debt and you pay your CC every month.