+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
hi @legalfalcon,

I sent an email to the office of MP Ralph Goodale, regarding the state of my case, this is what they replied:

...I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Aug 25th, 2017.
Standard processing time is 6 months.
This means 80% of routine applications are finalized within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Eligibility is passed.

Criminality passed Nov 11, 2017.

Security verifications were initiated Sept 22, 2017 and are in progress. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Apr 24, 2019.
From my GCMS notes at the time I can confirm I went into Security Screening on September 22nd, 2017. I'm still waiting, any idea from your experience how long should the SS take? When could I approximately expect a ppr?

thanks very much

adlanco

Dec 18, 2013
Hi @legalfalcon

I hope you can shed some lights on my application progress.

My AoR is Nov 17 and I received my GCMS notes last week:

Primary visa office: London
Secondary visa office: Abu Dhabi (assigned on July 2018)
Eligibility: Passed
Medical: Passed (Will expire on 12 Oct 2018)
Criminality: Passed
Info sharing: Complete
Security: blank (some pages has S.1(15)
There is an assignment due date shown as 10th October 2018 (not sure what does it mean)

I have also raised a Web case and the response was that my file undergoing necessary background checks.

Thanks

Reactions: tlh_khan

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon

I would like to know how should i key in my EE profile, if one of my job experience is mix of full time and part time. Like how many entries should i make?
Here is my total experience in one organisation: (Total experience : Sept 13th 2011 to March 11th 2014)
The break up:

Sept 13th 2011 to Jan 31st 2014 - Full time (40 hrs)
Feb 1st 2014 to March 11th 2014 - Part time. (20 hrs)

Should i enter one entry in EE profile and explain in LOE or should i make multiple entries for the same company? Please guide me. Thanks a lot!

Note : I don't have a reference letter with job duties, just a relieving letter mentioning my total duration. However i do have email from HR regarding my part time employment dates and denial letter from them for job duties. My floor manager is signing an affidavit!

varungorur2005

Nov 8, 2012
Visa Office......
CIC Delhi
Congratulations!!
Thank you @legalfalcon I am planning to do a soft landing before the CoPR expires and then come back. If i want to go back, i know that i need the PR card, which is taking more than 2 months to receive. If i want to go back immediately to join a job, then is it safe to apply for the PRTD? I read that it depends on the embassy and they can sometimes refuse as well? Does it mean they refuse only the PRTD request or does it affect my PR status as well?

abexcosec

Jan 16, 2018
If in your application you have your address, then the LVO will be the office in your country of residence. The file can be processed anywhere, but if you are called for an interview, you will be called to the LVO.

If you are called to a location, which may cause you undue hardship to travel, you can surely request a change of location for the interview.
Thank you.

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi @legalfalcon I'll be doing my first landing in Canada in a couple of months. For the proof of funds, do I need to show the same account bank statement that I submitted with my EE application? That statement was in Rupee currency and now I want to transfer all that money in the dollar account in my country before landing. Should I take the bank statement for the dollar account with me? Please help!

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
Dear @legalfalcon ,

I have submitted my eAPR on 29 September 2018 and received AOR on 1 October 2018.

While going through with the documents to re-assess what I have submitted, I realized that the translator made a mistake in English translation of my wife's bachelor's degree.

My wife graduated from "faculty of political science" , however in the translation there has been a typing mistake and it is shown as "faculty of policial science".The translator is ATIO certified.

By the way, we also uploaded the original english transcript received from the university, wherein it is explicitly stated correctly as "faculty of political science".

How big of an error is this ? Would this result in rejection ?

Do you believe we should contact IRCC about this and provide a corrected translation ? If so, would that delay our application processing ?

Another issue is that I had to obtain PCC from Turkey. I obtained it and uploaded to the system. The document was obtained from "Prosecutor's office" in Ankara (the capital city). However, in letter of explanation, while mentioning that I had the document translated to English, by mistake I stated that the document was obtained from Istanbul (not Ankara). Is this also a big mistake ?

Should I raise a CSE to explain the above ? Or no need ?

What would be the consequences of raising a CSE in this case ?

Many thanks in advance,

Quorn

Last edited:

chandrakuragayala

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I know here is the discussion for EE profile candidates but Please advise reg the below query:

I am (AINP)PNP-PR Inland applicant. currently, my PR is in the process and got AOR on Mar 08. My closed work permit is going to expire in Jan26th 2019, so have applied for BOWP at the end of SEP2018.

My question here is: 1. After getting BOWP, I am planning to take a trip to my home country, in Jan, so Is there any particular time period (months or days) I can take the vacation as the PR is still in process.

2. My spouse and kids would stay in Canada...as they will also get an extension for open work permit and study permit. Is this would be fine if I will stay in the home country for a couple of months or three as I have some personal commitments there.

Is there any issues will arise here? Pls, let us know.

Thanks for ur help.....

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,
I received my last GCMS notes (back in August) and they still show Eligibility: Not Started. The thing is I'm June 2017 AOR, so more than 15 months with zero updates except that my medicals got extended. I honestly gave up, but any idea what could be the reason behind this delay? 15 months for Eligibility I mean? I emailed and raised CSE multiple times and did all these stuff and never got an answer...
Do you see any notes in the last 3-7 pages of the GCMS notes?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the advice @legalfalcon!
Ah i just saw the typo, I was actually 13, not 10, will that make any difference?
What about my brother who had a refusal for UK when he was 24? He came to visit me in Canada for 6 months and also forgot to mention the refusal. I believe he was aware of his UK refusal, but genuinely misread the form, thinking it was asking about refusals only to Canada.
His visit to Canada was 2 years ago, and he's thinking of applying in a year for PR through express entry. Should we open a CSE for his account to admit this information and send the scans of past UK refusal?

We're just worried that these little mistakes if found will make Immigration think like he was misrepresenting himself, that's why maybe its better to bring this information forward right now, before he applies.

Please let me know what you think @legalfalcon!
13 or 10 doesn't make much of a difference. As regards your brother, that is not your application and doesn't concern you. There is no need to open a cSE for an application that is closed. Who you re-apply, just mention at that time.

It not a big issue and you need not be concerned about it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon,

I sent an email to the office of MP Ralph Goodale, regarding the state of my case, this is what they replied:

From my GCMS notes at the time I can confirm I went into Security Screening on September 22nd, 2017. I'm still waiting, any idea from your experience how long should the SS take? When could I approximately expect a ppr?

thanks very much
SS can take anywhere from 5-12 months. Have you requested CBSA / CSIS noteS?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I hope you can shed some lights on my application progress.

My AoR is Nov 17 and I received my GCMS notes last week:

Primary visa office: London
Secondary visa office: Abu Dhabi (assigned on July 2018)
Eligibility: Passed
Medical: Passed (Will expire on 12 Oct 2018)
Criminality: Passed
Info sharing: Complete
Security: blank (some pages has S.1(15)
There is an assignment due date shown as 10th October 2018 (not sure what does it mean)

I have also raised a Web case and the response was that my file undergoing necessary background checks.

Thanks
The assignment date is an system generated date. Most applications see progress before that and some don't see after that. Is it is irrelevant.

For s15 / 16 see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

You are most likely in SS. Have you requested CBSA / CSIS notes?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I would like to know how should i key in my EE profile, if one of my job experience is mix of full time and part time. Like how many entries should i make?
Here is my total experience in one organisation: (Total experience : Sept 13th 2011 to March 11th 2014)
The break up:

Sept 13th 2011 to Jan 31st 2014 - Full time (40 hrs)
Feb 1st 2014 to March 11th 2014 - Part time. (20 hrs)

Should i enter one entry in EE profile and explain in LOE or should i make multiple entries for the same company? Please guide me. Thanks a lot!

Note : I don't have a reference letter with job duties, just a relieving letter mentioning my total duration. However i do have email from HR regarding my part time employment dates and denial letter from them for job duties. My floor manager is signing an affidavit!

Calculating work experience for FSW

Work experience can be calculated by:

• adding up the number of continuous weeks of full-time (or equivalent in part-time) paid work (i.e., 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in one full-time job, a combined total of at least 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in more than one part-time job,
  • 15 hours per week in one part-time job over a period of two years, etc) in one or more skilled occupations at Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of NOC 2011.
Note: Work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours of paid work over a period of one week cannot compensate for less than one year of full-time work experience.

Reactions: navkrish