Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Actually after looking closely into my GCMS notes, it seems the CIC officer made the typo. There’s an entry one month after my AOR with my name and city of birth changed by CIO from small letter to capital letters. While doing so, s/he must’ve missed the last letter of my city of birth. I raised a CSE for it to be fixed, but I found it kinda weird because they didn’t change my wife’s info the same way. Any idea why they would do that?

Yes i’ve been stuck in security. 1 year and and 10 days since AOR now and counting :(
Usually the name changes are done for ease of SS. Nothing to be concerned about.

Reactions: MoeD

aliabbashusain

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
Dear Legalfalcon
Finally I recieved PPR after 18 months.. now I am preparing to land and maybe you can help me with some tips. I read the guide to landing article on GetGCMS site and it is very helpful but I have few questions please:
1. Lists of goods. The form which CBSA uses have only 8 rows in it, and my items are like too many. Can I just print the list of goods on a Doc file without using CBSA form (I think called B4)? To what level the list has to be detailed, do I need to list as handbags, shoes, trimmers, etc...or only the major items?
2. Funds: if I am landing with a cash more than the minimum requirements that IRCC has, do I still need to provide any PoF from bank?
3. If I wire money to Canada after landing, since I don't have an account yet, will the incoming remittence be taxed?
4. Can I drive in Canada for the first few weeks using international driving license while I am a landed immigrant?

Thanks

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Hope you would be fine. I have started my Postdoc (LMIA-exempted) from Canadian University from March-2018
  • Both TRV & WP expiry = Jan-2019
  • Job Contract Expiry = Mar-2019 (Initial 1 year completion starting from Mar-2018)
In Sept/Oct-2018 I will apply for WP extension, as University will give me renewed contract for additional 1 year valid up to March-2020. So, will CIC extend WP & TRV valid up to Mar-2020 (as per job contract validity) or Jan-2020 (as per existing WP/TRV validity, i.e. 1 yr extension)?

In addition to above, can I apply for PR NOW, or I have to complete 1 yr experience first to claim the points in EE under CEC?

Kindly reply, thanks in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ...plz help me with my query and should I be worried? This was last updated on 9th march and no activity since then.
What is the LoE that you sent and the date of ending employment for which you are claiming points.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon
Finally I recieved PPR after 18 months.. now I am preparing to land and maybe you can help me with some tips. I read the guide to landing article on GetGCMS site and it is very helpful but I have few questions please:
1. Lists of goods. The form which CBSA uses have only 8 rows in it, and my items are like too many. Can I just print the list of goods on a Doc file without using CBSA form (I think called B4)? To what level the list has to be detailed, do I need to list as handbags, shoes, trimmers, etc...or only the major items?
2. Funds: if I am landing with a cash more than the minimum requirements that IRCC has, do I still need to provide any PoF from bank?
3. If I wire money to Canada after landing, since I don't have an account yet, will the incoming remittence be taxed?
4. Can I drive in Canada for the first few weeks using international driving license while I am a landed immigrant?

Thanks
1. You can use plain paper. No need to use the form. You only need details of expensive items, such as electronics (Make, model, serial number), and jewellery. For other things such as shirts, classify them as T-shirts, format shirts and number.

2. If you land with more than 10K cash you will have to declare it and also show where you got the money from. So keep your receipts from your bank or where you got the foreign currency with you. If CBSA is not satisfied they will confiscate the funds until they are satisfied that it is not from money laundering. You will have to keep the PoF with you.

3. No, for tax purposes you are only taxed in the country you are a resident of. So the money will not be taxed if you have paid taxes on it in your home country. However, all banks will take they wire transfer fee.

4. Yes, but not advised unless you have insurance and come from a country where you know how to drive on the Right.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Hope you would be fine. I have started my Postdoc (LMIA-exempted) from Canadian University from March-2018
  • Both TRV & WP expiry = Jan-2019
  • Job Contract Expiry = Mar-2019 (Initial 1 year completion starting from Mar-2018)
In Sept/Oct-2018 I will apply for WP extension, as University will give me renewed contract for additional 1 year valid up to March-2020. So, will CIC extend WP & TRV valid up to Mar-2020 (as per job contract validity) or Jan-2020 (as per existing WP/TRV validity, i.e. 1 yr extension)?

In addition to above, can I apply for PR NOW, or I have to complete 1 yr experience first to claim the points in EE under CEC?

Kindly reply, thanks in advance!
You will get the WP & TRV until the contract end date.

To apply for CEC you need one year of Canadian work ex.

Reactions: jojee2k6

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
Hi legal falcon, I ordered cbsa notes and after 1 month I received letter from cbsa through getgcms that cbsa needs extension of 60 more days to generate notes. I want to know why cbsa is taking such a long time for me. Is it possible that my screening will be completed by that time?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legal falcon, I ordered cbsa notes and after 1 month I received letter from cbsa through getgcms that cbsa needs extension of 60 more days to generate notes. I want to know why cbsa is taking such a long time for me. Is it possible that my screening will be completed by that time?
Under the Access to Information act, the law through which CBSA notes are obtained, a federal agency can seek an extant ion on multiple grounds. Mostly it is that your SS is under process. When the CBSA notes are released, you will have a clear picture as to where you stand. And maybe your SS is concluded.

Reactions: Mzub

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon,

I read a few of your threads on forums, and decided to follow an advice you gave someone and ordered gcms notes in early May. My AOR is Feb 20, 2018, and my visa office is London.

I got the notes this week, which showed that medicals and criminality were passed, but eligibility and security were still pending review. I'd add that the wording was a bit weird... it stated that review for eligibility was required, review required for experience letters and FSW points... I figured this was because the initial review was done at CIO and not the visa office. There was also an R10 ok wording.

Prior to requesting gcms notes, I had reached out to london and inquired about my status, and the response was basically that it was either in process or waiting to be reviewed.

However after ordering the gcms notes, the response was a bit different. Please see below:

Please be advised that your application is awaiting review by a migration officer in our London office. Note that no change will take place on your online profile until the initial assessment is made.

We thank you for your patience at this time. Rest assured we will contact if you when we require further information or additional documents.

Sincerely,

VCM

Program Assistant | Assistante de programme Immigration Section – London | Section de l’immigration – Londres

Based on your experience and the wording of the response, what can you deduce from the response? Also the wordings in the gcms notes are normal since a visa officer hasn't reviewed the docs, right?

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
Hello legalfalcon!

I am having some difficulties with my application and the GCMS notes so | thought I'll ping you and get your suggestion.

I applied for GCMS notes through getgcms but they I got a message saying that the Canadian Govt. has not released my notes. I ordered them on April 4, 2018.

What could be the reason? Should I file for another set of gcms notes? Should I wait for the 6-month timeline to end?

It has been 140 days since I uploaded the ADR document and 167 days since my AOR. I do not know what else I can do. I tried emailing CIC but no replies.

What would you suggest?

thanks!

Ravu

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi legalfalcon,

I need urgent help. I have received my GCMS notes. In that , it says
ELIGIBILITY - Passed
CRIMINALITY - Passed
MEDICAL -Passed
INFO SHARING -Complete
FINAL - Approved

But i havent received any email requesting for RPRF ( as i hadnt paid it at the time of applying). What should i do now?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I read a few of your threads on forums, and decided to follow an advice you gave someone and ordered gcms notes in early May. My AOR is Feb 20, 2018, and my visa office is London.

I got the notes this week, which showed that medicals and criminality were passed, but eligibility and security were still pending review. I'd add that the wording was a bit weird... it stated that review for eligibility was required, review required for experience letters and FSW points... I figured this was because the initial review was done at CIO and not the visa office. There was also an R10 ok wording.

Prior to requesting gcms notes, I had reached out to london and inquired about my status, and the response was basically that it was either in process or waiting to be reviewed.

However after ordering the gcms notes, the response was a bit different. Please see below:

Please be advised that your application is awaiting review by a migration officer in our London office. Note that no change will take place on your online profile until the initial assessment is made.

We thank you for your patience at this time. Rest assured we will contact if you when we require further information or additional documents.

Sincerely,

VCM

Program Assistant | Assistante de programme Immigration Section – London | Section de l’immigration – Londres

Based on your experience and the wording of the response, what can you deduce from the response? Also the wordings in the gcms notes are normal since a visa officer hasn't reviewed the docs, right?
Different offices have different language to communicate the same thing. IRCC calls it "patience template," i.e. asking the applicant to wait as the file is under review, assessment, awaiting officer review etc.

The eligibility takes place in 2 stages. The eligibility happens is 2 stages. First an analyst will review and make a recommendation and then the officer will review it and make a final determination. Unless the officer makes a final determination, the eligibility is not passed. In most cases the initial eligibility is done at CIO and the final at LVO.

I wouldn't worry much about the language. Instead read the notes in your GCMS.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legalfalcon!

I am having some difficulties with my application and the GCMS notes so | thought I'll ping you and get your suggestion.

I applied for GCMS notes through getgcms but they I got a message saying that the Canadian Govt. has not released my notes. I ordered them on April 4, 2018.

What could be the reason? Should I file for another set of gcms notes? Should I wait for the 6-month timeline to end?

It has been 140 days since I uploaded the ADR document and 167 days since my AOR. I do not know what else I can do. I tried emailing CIC but no replies.

What would you suggest?

thanks!
2-3% GCMS requests are delayed. This is mostly due to administrative issues, specially when the application is at LVO or well into the processing. You can definitely request another set, most applicants receive the second set before the first one is release when it is delayed.

But there is nothing to be concerned just on the basis of non release of GCMS notes.