17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The employment date is from

Hi The LOE which I sent had all my education, work & family details. My previous firm did not provide me with a detailed duty letter so I had submitted a self declared duty letter. Also, the experience with which they seem to have an issue is from sep 13 - april 16.

Here is the link where you can see the comment from the analyst. Please let me know if I should be worried. Also, is there a way now I can change the primary NOC? Because even without this experience I am comfortably sitting at 72 points

http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/stud20000in/library/?sort=3&page=1
Self declaration is not permitted. If your employer did not provide you with a reference letter and job duties, then you could have obtained a letter from a colleague, your supervisor in personal capacity on a white paper, even form a former colleague, and got it notarized and explained it in LoE, and supported with other documents such as your pay stubs, appointment letters, promotion letters etc.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon , I just got off the phone with a CIC agent, because I wanted to find out why the score dropped and I was told that my file was moved from london to the Los Angeles Office in the U.S on June 11th. Is this a bad sign? I've lived most of my life in the U.S., and I have all of my work experience in the U.S, but I was visiting my birth country when I applied. So I didn't enter the U.S. as my country of residence. Could this be the reason why it was moved? I'm so worried at this point.
First of all at the call centre there is no IRCC agent, they are all call centre employees and have nothing to do with IRCC except answer calls and takes notes.. For US residents the LVO is CPC Ottawa. If there is something that the CPC Ottawa is unable to verify, they will ask the LCO to look into is, usually employment verification, or a physical check on workplace.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hi, just want to ask you, do I need to give all the responsibilities in my experience letters as a Supervisor's point of view or only the few, such as the Lead Statement and 1st & 2nd Main Duties listed under the NOC code. The way I see it, i should include them as my own work, and not as supervising the work others have done.

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=1212&ver=16&_ga=2.253486977.960378099.1528813471-1468553403.1528813471

Thank you in advance.
IRCC states:

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].
Your Job duties should substantially match that in your NOC. Try and list all, just in case if some do not match, you have other to back you.

Reactions: akila868

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
To know the exact status of your application processing you should request GCMS notes. They provide you with the exact position, rest everything is speculation.

If your sister-in-law is not the primary applicant, her employment does not give any points, so you can simply write her details in Schedule A and not provide any letters.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

I am in urgent need of your valuable inputs.

I received my GCMS notes today (AOR 24th Jan' 2018). As per the agent's recommendations, everything appears to be met (A11.2, R75, R76, FSW points) and agent has also recommended as "ready to finalize". However, in main recommendations, he has mentioned "review required".

During his review of the submitted documents (funds, education, employment etc.), he has not commented anything adverse. However, integrated search (FOSS/GCMS) shows "no trace other than present in this application" for primary applicant and dependent kids. Integrated search (FOSS/GCMS) for spouse shows "not in status". Can the difference in status of integrated search for spouse be because of an earlier immigration application of the spouse (not disclosed in this application) (however, earlier application was not processed as CAP for NOC was reached at the time of application receipt).

Can this be the reason of "review required"

Thanks
YEs, this is the reason. If your spouse had an application with IRCC, or is not currently in status, then until your spouse's immigration status is confirmed your will not be issued PPR.

Further, all prior applications filed with IRCC, either for PR or temporary residence have to be disclosed and any rejections explained.

anad120417

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
11-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-04-2018
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2018
Dear Legalfalcon,

I have a query regarding new job in home country (India) .

My background :

We have received our PR email and waiting for our COPR.

I was the primary applicant but I have not been working since Jan 2015 due to my pregnancy/post pregnancy with twins.

Professionally I am an SAP ABAP Consultant and wish to take up a job in India for a year before we move to Canada next year. I have a work experience of 7 years and a career break of 3.5 years.

So my queries are:
- Can I take up an IT job in India before we move to Canada?
- Should we inform CIC about my new job?
- Do we need reference letter again from the new company I join?
- And what if I join one of my previous companies from which reference letter has already been submitted, should I again submit a reference letter?

Thank you very much in advance.

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
The GCMS notes indicate that the analyst's decision at CIO for eligibility was "Review Required". Is it a bad sign that he didn't recommend a passed status but a review required status for eligibility?

When the analyst is unable to make a decision, they defer it to the officer and make the recommendation as review required. It is then the officer who will make a decision. In most cases the officer will make a positive decision, but that depends on case by case basis.

Another thing that I noticed is that my FSW scores dropped significantly. It seems that no points from my work experience was added. The notes from the agent indicated that a review was required for employment. Here are the exact notes below, with key parts of concern included:

A11.2 Case Processing Agent Lock - in Date: 2018-02-20.... Having analyzed this applicant based on the documents submitted by and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.

Review Required R75: FSW Minimum Requirements - Review Required R76: Selection Criteria- FSW Points/ Funds: Review Required FSW points total: 59 (dropped from 72) Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete
........... ........

Experience: Lock - in Date: 2018 - 02- 20 Primary Occupation NOC 2161.....
Employment histories (Review Required)
Letter confirms salary.... Letter confirms full/time employment... FSW Work: 0 year(s) 0 month(s) of 1 year.... Review Required CRS Foreign Work: 0 year(s) 0 month(s) of 3 year(s)- Review Required what does this mean? The work experience isn't 0 years. The analyst has not awarded you any points for the work experience. The analyst has deferred this to the officer, who will decide this. If your reference letters has all the details, and meets the requirements of the what IRCC asks, and also the jb duties in ref letter meet that of NOC no need to worry.

Settlement Funds: Review Required Family of 1 requires CAD 12,475 submitted bank letter and statements at the time of PR submission showing that I met the threshold amount but it was a US bank. The funds were not converted to CAD but remained as USD. Could this be what needs to be reviewed for conversion purposes? This usually happens as only officers make the conversion. IRCC does not go by day to day conversion, but has a conversion based on quarterly basis which is published by the Govt. of Canada. No need to worry about this at all.

Text: **** Agent Review*** Police Certificates R10 OK Criminality Decision Passed

Notes 3:.....
Review Type: Program Assistant.....I have this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant... Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI. What does this mean? This is that your application has been promoted to the next step, and the UCI is present, so no new UCI needs to be generated.
PA: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Does this mean that only part of my GCMS notes were released to me? Is this your first time applying to IRCC, or have you applied for student / tourist visa before. if you have, then there will be 2 sets that IRCC will rely on.

Is it concerning that no specific reason was given by the analyst about the decision to request a review?

I would not be much concerned, just request another set of GCMS notes in a few weeks and see what progress has been made.

@legalfalcon thanks so much! I applied some years back for a tourist visa, but it was denied. I think that's where the 2nd set comes from. Thanks so much for clarifying things. It really has brought some relief. Thanks again!

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
First of all at the call centre there is no IRCC agent, they are all call centre employees and have nothing to do with IRCC except answer calls and takes notes.. For US residents the LVO is CPC Ottawa. If there is something that the CPC Ottawa is unable to verify, they will ask the LCO to look into is, usually employment verification, or a physical check on workplace.
ok thanks. This makes so much sense. I'll order GCMS notes soon to see if things have changed.

khuranahbc

Nov 6, 2011
YEs, this is the reason. If your spouse had an application with IRCC, or is not currently in status, then until your spouse's immigration status is confirmed your will not be issued PPR.

Further, all prior applications filed with IRCC, either for PR or temporary residence have to be disclosed and any rejections explained.
Thanks a lot for the details. Should I raise CSE for the same.

In addition to facts as stated earlier, I also came through the review status of client information (PA) as "review required". It is written in the section of incoming correspondence.

Further, in notes section, agent has commented that age of the applicant has changed from ITA to AOR. This statement is followed by "DOCUMENT SET FOR REVIEW : Client information"

Can you please put some light on the significance of statements.

Thanks

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
@legalfalcon

Sorry for a long post. Could you please see notes made by case analyst in my latest GCMS notes? My employer printed a different email ID from their website on my experience letter, my boss got transferred to another office. Case analyst could not verify the employment information from the employer website and recommended review required. Do you think I should be worried? It is more than 6 months after AOR.

Thank you for your help last time when I asked you about the same situation as I saw it in my first set of GCMS notes. After your and some other forum members suggestion, I sent additional employment-related documents to IRCC in a CSE and ordered these second set of notes a month after CSE but still no positive sign. I am considering withdrawing my application and reapply with updated experience letter as I fear I may get refusal. I have sufficient CRS score for a potential ITA (467). Do you think it is a good idea to do so? Thank You.

________________________________ ANALYST RECOMMENDATION: Review Required Ml3 SUMMARY NOTES: CRS AND FSW POINTS FALL BELOW MINIMUM REQUIRED FOR ROUND. UNABLE TO CONFIRM FORIEGN WORK EXPERIENCE. A11.2: Review Required R75:

FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS/Funds: Review Required FSW points total: 59 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at the invitation to apply (ITA) (My original CRS points) points minimum score for round: 435 CRS score at application (APR). Verified CRS score: (analyst deducted 50 points) I have reviewed the following for CRS points: PA gained points as SINGLE at ITA and APR PA gained points for CRS score has fallen below minimum for round: UNABLE TO CONFIRM FORIEGN WORK EXPERIENCE.

WORK EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: XXXX Primary Occupation: XXXXX EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED: Master's Degree, Bachelor's Degree. Job title and employer *REVIEW REQUIRED* - eDoc XXXXX -Web-based search confirms employer information NOTE: UNABLE TO VERIFY EMPLOYER, NAME OF employer NOT WRITTEN ON LETTER. UNABLE TO CONFIRM employer .EMAIL DOES NOT MATCH NAME AND EMAIL OF employer FOUND AT employer WEBSITE. - Letter confirms salary of XXXX- Letter confirms full/time employment; FSW Work: 0 years(s) 0 month(s) of 1 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED __________________________________ _ WORK EXPERIENCE: 2-3 year(s), 0 FSW Points NOTE: UNABLE TO CONFIRM FOREIGN WORK EXPERIENCE

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears To Meet

Third GCMS notes contain the same assessment. Eligibility still review required.
In third GCMS notes, under info sharing, there are two blank pages with S.13(1)(a) written on them.

Thank You

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
@legalfalcon thanks so much! I applied some years back for a tourist visa, but it was denied. I think that's where the 2nd set comes from. Thanks so much for clarifying things. It really has brought some relief. Thanks again!
Hi,

I am in the exact same situation my eligibility is review required. Please keep us posted if any progress happens in your case.

Thanks!

khuranahbc

Nov 6, 2011
IRCC states:

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].
Your Job duties should substantially match that in your NOC. Try and list all, just in case if some do not match, you have other to back you.
What if the agent has commented "letter appears to confirm the employment throughout the specified period and provides a job description which is consistent with lead statement and main duties as set out in declared NOC category".

aliabbashusain

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Self declaration is not permitted. If your employer did not provide you with a reference letter and job duties, then you could have obtained a letter from a colleague, your supervisor in personal capacity on a white paper, even form a former colleague, and got it notarized and explained it in LoE, and supported with other documents such as your pay stubs, appointment letters, promotion letters etc.
Thanks for your reply, but the sad part is even colleagues are not ready to issue on a personal capacity because of the stringent company policies within. Is there a way I can remove this NOC as a primary NOC and place it as a secondary one? I have 3 different NOCs in the past 5 years and the reason I had put this as a primary one because I had to put something in primary NOC.

Also, as per the comment of the analyst, should I be worried? Because he seem to have taken into account my other work experiences. Please advise.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
IRCC states:

I have put around 18-20 duties. My concern is whether I should indicate all duties as I am supervising the work or both supervising and doing my work on my own, like the duties from 3rd point. Sorry to bother you.

Thank you for the support.