+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

zeebah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
@legalfalcon Please forgive me if my questions have been answered already or are silly. It's only my 3rd day on this forum. I have applied under the CEC stream. Below is the current status of my application:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Could you please answer the following?
1) Is it weird that my medical status has not been updated but Background check is being processed? The clinic submitted the report on Jan 25.
2) I moved to Ottawa from Toronto a year and a half ago. When I went for the criminal check records, the application asked how long I have lived at my current address. I just went over the copy of the Criminal Records Check, and it has 1 year 4months (which is how long I'd lived in Ottawa at the time of my application) on it in the right top corner. Am I to go to Toronto to get a criminal check done as well since I lived there for 8 years? I am just worried IRCC may say the Criminal check doesn't cover all the years I have been in Canada since i turned 18.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

kvin1087

Star Member
Jun 9, 2017
@legalfalcon

I got my passport request on 1st February. I have mailed CIC Ottawa all the necessary documents along with a return envelope on 5th February. I forgot to add the return label inside the package. I was unaware of it, and came to know today that you have to generate the return label yourself from your account manager. I have emailed CIC about this today. And have also attached the return label in the email.

Has anyone come across this issue before? Would there be a problem?

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi @legalfalcon
How do I find out if my application has passed the R10 or the completeness check is passed?
My AoR is 10 October 2017. Please advice.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hi @legalfalcon,
If its at NDVO, then most likely your eligibility is passed and security is undergoing. Just give it some time and you should have the PPR.

Hi @legalfalcon,
I received medical request today for all three of us including my stepson. My medicals are expiring on March 20.
Also my file bgc status has changed to 'we are processing your background check'.
However rprf request is not generated as yet by ndvo. Also there is no placeholder for submitting medical report for any one us on CIC.

Do I need to resubmit the previous documents sent for my stepson along with a new letter of explanation. I will not be able to provide my stepson medical as it is.
Please advise.

Member01

May 20, 2017
You are confusing things here unnecessarily.

There are two issues

1. CRS - You get maximum points for 3 years of work ex, you are only showing 1. You are not reading the questions and answering them incorrectly.
2. Also for the skill transferability factor, if you only have a Secondary school (high school) credential and only 1 year od Canadian work experience, you get "ZERO" points.
3. In your post above you mentioned you have foreign work experience, and then you you are now only mentioning the 1 year Canadian work experience.
4. Your skill transferability score is also tied up with your IELTS Score based on the band you get.

I cannot answer your questions in abstract with conflicting information. I shared the link with you, and I don't think you bothered looking into it or calculating your score manually. You are just randomly picking up links to make yourself feel happy that you should have a high score.

For education, you get the points for the highest education you have, you DO NOT add the points for all you have done so far, i.e. if you have a Master's you cannot add the points for High School + Bachelor's + Master's.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

See

Hi Legal falcon,

I appreciate your patience and help which you provide in terms of this matters. I have now realized why I was getting lower points in my actual EE profile when compared to CRS tool.

I was actually entering some education answers in wrong way due to which I was not receiving points for Canadian Education. I am clear with this issue.

Also, in terms of high school and diploma, I was assuming I would get additional points for high school as it is from my home country and a separate 15 points for my diploma which I did here. Though I was wrong.

It took a while to understand this, but now I am clear.. Actually, I am quite new to this system, therefore I was getting confused...

However, now I am planning to increase my CRS points and thinking studying part-time along with my Full-time work which I am currently doing here in Canada. My question regarding that is, if I gain 3 year diploma by studying part-time, will I get more points for it under this EE system.

The reason for this question is, because when the tool asked, Have you earned a diploma in Canada, it specifies that it should be full-time, therefore if you could please provide some insight on this, it would be really helpful...

Once again, I apologize for my earlier confusion...

s.tamoor

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017/03/20
Nomination.....
ITA- 2017/08/02
AOR Received.
2017/03/21
IELTS Request
L-8, R-9, W-7.5, S-7
Med's Done....
2017/01/19
Hi @legalfalcon

I hope if u could assist

I am planning to travel to Canada first time next month to complete the landing procedures and will be staying for maximum 2 weeks.
But I would like to make a stopover in UK for a week on my way back. I have a Pakistani passport and requires a visa to enter UK.
Can I apply for a UK visit visa from Canada or do I need to apply it from Pakistan before I leave for Canada?

Regrads

ItaQbc

Jan 5, 2018
Filing a request electronically is way faster. GCMS notes take at least 30 days. Then add another 2 weeks or more for the paper request.
We will definitely do the electronic way then.
Thank you very much for your help. We really appreciate it.
Have a great evening!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

It's me again :) just recieved my gcms, need your point of view please bellow details :

Security 1 (blanked under S.15) but have three points in it visible :

Spounse : Sceurity
PA: Security
PA: security screening

In activities :

Activities 1-2-3-4 / PA blanked after that :
Activity 5 sub activity PA : Security (blanked)
Acitivies 6-7 Sounse blanked after that :
Activity 8 sub activity Spounse : Security (blanked)

Activity 9 : Eligibilty passed

seems that i will also have to re do my medical exams as mentionned : PA request to renew medical exams

A bit lost with that story !
No need to worry. The security is always retracted.

To read on s15/16 see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

PA is under security screening, so that may take longer than expected. In the CBSA notes the security details are not retracted, you can order them if you may need any further details.

As regards the medicals, if 1 year has lapsed, then IRCC with either renew the meds, or ask you for new ones.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hey @legalfalcon , Can my PR application reach to "Decision Made" even my file location is still in CIO - Sydney ?? ( paper-based inland applicant )
Yes, it can be. You can read my post on visa offices and file processing:

2. Visa Office

There has been an obsession of finding which visa office the application is at. Many threads on this forum start with explaining how to find your visa office. Let's get to the crux of it. Finding the visa office was very relevant pre- express entry. Even after the introduction of express entry in 2015, the same practice was followed which usually was for the paper based application, but that is no longer the case. Earlier all application followed the following trajectory:

Central Intake Office - Case Processing Centre - Local Visa Office

However, this has radically changed and for all express entry, all application follow the following:

1. Central Intake Office -
The R10 (completeness check) is done at the Central Intake Office for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). Now even the criminality and medicals are done at CIO.

2. Case Processing Centre - There are 4 case processing offices of IRCC, which are as follows:

Sydney, Nova Scotia - Seals with the following:
  • provincial Nominee Program (PNP) – Non-Express Entry applications
  • Centralized Intake Office – Immigrant Investor Program (IIP)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Skilled Workers (QSW)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Start Up Business Class
  • Centralized Intake Office – Self Employed (SE)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Business Class (QBC)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Now has started doing eligibility for EE applications in limited numbers.

Vegreville, Alberta
Deals with Specialized permanent resident application. Those following in the category of Medical needs, work permits, work permits for spouses, study permits, co-op permits. EE applications which have a downgraded category.

This is the place where you EE application will land if any of the members in the application have a medical condition. This is where determinations of refusal, monitoring etc are made.

Now has started doing eligibility for EE applications in limited numbers.

Mississauga, Ontario
Only deals with family class PR applications.
No EE applications are dealt here so far.

Ottawa, Ontario
This is the most important processing office for all EE, and it is also the Local Visa Office for in-land applicants and those applying from USA.

3. Local Visa Office - This is the office where you will be asked to submit your passport after your application has been approved. Usually the consulate in your home country.

These days all application after starting at CIO (where R10 is met), either start the processing of eligibility at CIO itself, or move to CPC (wither Ottawa, Sydney, or Vegreville), or are straight sent to the LVO. The trend has been to complete most of the processing between CIO and CPC. Since the applications are electronically stored, there is no movement of physical files.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone. My status changed from- "We need additional documents" to "We do not need additional documents", even though I did not submit the document they asked for. The document request was for PCC. However, the upload button is still there to attach additional documents. PS- the PCC is unobtainable and I already have explained why in LOE when I received AOR. What does it mean? I am very confused now.
Its a system glitch. It takes IRCC 3-5 weeks to update your file after your end. Until this is processed, the existing upload window will be there.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I need HELP !!
I am 22 Sept 2016 applicant and I did upfront medical on February 5, 2017 so I didn't get MR
My medical exam is expired on February 6, 2018 . Today my CIC online account changed from "Medical Passed" to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes"

Will IRCC extend my ME or I need to re-do ME again ??
This is at IRCCs discretion. However, you can send a CSE and request that your medical be extended.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Please forgive me if my questions have been answered already or are silly. It's only my 3rd day on this forum. I have applied under the CEC stream. Below is the current status of my application:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Could you please answer the following?
1) Is it weird that my medical status has not been updated but Background check is being processed? The clinic submitted the report on Jan 25.
2) I moved to Ottawa from Toronto a year and a half ago. When I went for the criminal check records, the application asked how long I have lived at my current address. I just went over the copy of the Criminal Records Check, and it has 1 year 4months (which is how long I'd lived in Ottawa at the time of my application) on it in the right top corner. Am I to go to Toronto to get a criminal check done as well since I lived there for 8 years? I am just worried IRCC may say the Criminal check doesn't cover all the years I have been in Canada since i turned 18.

Thank you very much for your consideration.
If your medical was submitted on Jan 25, it is too early for the medicals be passed. The change in status has no relevance. Allapplication fo through the same stages. To read on them see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

For IRCC you need a RCMP check, not a province wise check. Not sure why you are hoping too different cities. See
We will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If we ask you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions. You must bring:

• A full electronic set of fingerprints on form C-216C taken by one of these accredited companies or police services
  • A complete application form (available on the RCMP website)
  • Reason for your request (eg. For immigration)
  • Your full name
  • Date of birth
  • Sex
  • Mailing address
  • Phone number (and/or fax number and/or e-mail address)
  • Applicable fees

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I got my passport request on 1st February. I have mailed CIC Ottawa all the necessary documents along with a return envelope on 5th February. I forgot to add the return label inside the package. I was unaware of it, and came to know today that you have to generate the return label yourself from your account manager. I have emailed CIC about this today. And have also attached the return label in the email.

Has anyone come across this issue before? Would there be a problem?
IRCC will contact you if they have any problem. Once you r status on MyCIC changes to approved give it a few days to see if your PP is returned, if not contact IRCC again.

Reactions: kvin1087

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015