+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

speedtex

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Hi legalfalcon,

Thanks for your previous pm respond. I updated my application with a missing extra documents, Please what does the text on my Note 1 means? from my GCMS extract below: I'm I heading to some kind of hearings?

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility : Passed
Prohibition : Not Started
Knowledge: Passed
Residence: Passed
Language: Passed

Security:

Criminality : Passed
Org Crime :
Misrepresentation :
Other Reqs :
Finals

PAPER FILE
Office : Ottawa Citizenship
#:
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned To : *******
Assigned by : *******
Due Date : 2018/06/15

NOTES:1
Created Date:2017/10/19 13:26:11
Created By:
Updated Date:2017/10/19 13:26:11
Updated By:
Restricted:No
Label: General
Office: CPC-Sydney
Text:

Marital Information received via IRCC questions mailbox, forwarded to local office for review . R.S.C Hearings/5381

Confused2017

Mar 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Nomination.....
11-10-2017
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Med's Done....
8-12-2017
@legalfalcon I am a PNP-O candidate. Currently in NA2 stage. I have received additional document request to provide IMM 5604 form. I am a single mother. My ex husband is in the US and I live with my child in India. My son is a US citizen. My ex continues to live in the US and has not visited the child since divorce though he has visitation rights. I tried to reach him several times and he is not responding. I am not sure how to get this letter as it seems to be a show stopper. I have to respond by the 10th of Jan 2018 with the document. Will it help if I provide evidence that I tried reaching him with no response?

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,

is this a normal trend:

FSW/O
AOR: 25/08/2017
Meds Passed / IP1: 09/09/2017
NA2: 11/09/2017
IP2: 22/09/2017
NA3: 01/12/2017
IP2 AGAIN today my BG status changed again from NA to "We are processing your background check etc.."

Is this normal ? IP2 - NA - IP2 ?
According to GCMS I went into Security Screening on September 22nd. Could those updates be related to that? And in your experience, is that a good sign towards the progress of SS or....

thanks for your insights my man

comeafteralone

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon

I am going to do a soft landing in Canada and return to my home country to complete a current work contract.
I was just wondering if once I have completed my landing (which is equal to becoming a permanent resident of Canada- is this right?), will I be able to start filing tax forms in Canada and have that count toward the requirements to apply for citizenship later on?

The CIC website says that one of the requirements to apply for Canadian citizenship after a person becomes a permanent resident is that one must "meet your personal income tax filing obligations in three tax years". I was just wondering if it is possible to start filing tax even when I am a permanent resident but residing outside of Canada for at least the first year out of the 5 year period?

Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

boldon

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 June 2010
Doc's Request.
20 October 2010
AOR Received.
January 2011
IELTS Request
included in application
File Transfer...
not applicable
Med's Request
13 February 2014
Med's Done....
19 March 2014
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
3 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
2 June 2014 (yahoo!)
LANDED..........
mid October 2014
Hi @legalfalcon

I am going to do a soft landing in Canada and return to my home country to complete a current work contract.
I was just wondering if once I have completed my landing (which is equal to becoming a permanent resident of Canada- is this right?), will I be able to start filing tax forms in Canada and have that count toward the requirements to apply for citizenship later on?

The CIC website says that one of the requirements to apply for Canadian citizenship after a person becomes a permanent resident is that one must "meet your personal income tax filing obligations in three tax years". I was just wondering if it is possible to start filing tax even when I am a permanent resident but residing outside of Canada for at least the first year out of the 5 year period?

Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi - sorry just came across this and would be happy to provide input - tax residency and physical residency are two different things. If you are not earning a living in canada for 183 days during the tax years, then you are not a tax resident and does not require filing income tax during that year.

You are also missing the last 2 words at the end pf the sentence - it actually says “three tax years, where applicable”. So therefore you may have satisfied the physical presence requirements prior to applying for canadian citizenship, but if you are not required to file and complete the tax filing requirements by the time you apply for canadian citizenship then that is not required.

This is similar to my case. As at end of december 2017 i have already met the physical presence requirements of 1095 days however i have only filed income taxes for the 2015 and 2016 years. The 2017 tax return is not due until april 15, 2018 and therefore i can still apply for my citizenship application now as the last and third year of my tax return is not due at the time of my filing

Hope this clarifies - i also appreciate other people’s thoughts on the matter as i may have been mistaken from my conclusion above

Thanks

Reactions: comeafteralone

BadLuckSam

Apr 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting.
Hello @legalfalcon, I've been following your threads. So helpful! I ordered my Notes from GETGCMS (Excellent service) and got them less than a month later. I'm June 10 AOR, latest update according to the notes was on October 19, in the LVO which is in Paris. Assessments: Passed medicals, criminality passed. Eligibility not started. R10 completed on July 10.

Here's a screenshot, any idea how promising that sounds? Thank you so much! https://m.imgur.com/a/C9kvN

PS: About that one year experience note: I claimed points for it but couldn't provide an employment letter. However, I provided many proofs including email exchange of me asking for it and the company's refusal, a signed declaration from a past coworker with a copy of her employment letter, many job related email exchanges between my former boss and I in which he was asking me to do tasks which are consistent with my NOC.

I also ordered a second set yesterday, is it okay to keep ordering notes? Thank you so much.

ktmktm

Nov 1, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,

My AOR is 3 May 2017 under CEC

I just spoke with an agent on the phone today and she told me my Eligibility, Medical, and Security are all passed, except Criminality. Then she started explaining to me that this part is done by other agency (I remember she mentioned something about cbsa or csis) and cic have no control on how long it would take. She said the process could take up to 6 months - 1 year. She asked me to call back again if I don’t hear from them by early February.

I’m a little confused here...from my understand security check should be the last part which deals with cbsa/csis.

Does it make sense to you when she said Security is passed but not Criminality?
Or when she said Criminality she actually meant to say Security?

Also do I look like I’m under security screening? I believe I passed my eligibility in Dec, after they called my previous employer for employment verification.

I understand GCMS note would be able to provide me with more information however I havent applied for it. I would appreciate any of your advise or insight. Thanks!

Last edited:

Lazy

Sep 5, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I hope you are fine and having a great day. I was suggested by someone to ask you about the problem I am facing right now and so here I am. I am an applicant for EE FSW program and in the process of submitting my eAPR within the next 10 days hopefully. I arranged my proof of funds (gift deed from father) back when the exchange rate was lower (around 82 for CAD to PKR). Even then I made sure to have a good deal of safety margin, so I arranged at an estimate of 87. Just recently the exchange rate took a sudden sharp hike/jump and is nearly 90 now, so I am falling short on the Proof of Funds requirement. This is something I was not anticipating at all. What should I do now? Do I just top up my account to account for the deficit, which @ an exchange rate of 93, again with a safety margin, would be another 140K PKR in my case (I have to show $23K CAD), which again is not a trivial amount to just top up my account with. Or get another gift deed (2nd gift deed) from my father stating that in light of the recent currency devaluation he is gifting me the required remaining amount again. Or just get a gift from father (2nd gift deed) to account for the deficit without mentioning this currency depreciation or exchange rate increase. Or is there any other way to tackle this problem. Also, do I need any letter from the bank or just my bank statements and the gift deed(s) and affidavit(s) from my father would do. I would immensely appreciate any help you could provide me with in this regard. Thank you in anticipation

Best,
Lazy

Member01

May 20, 2017
Hi legalfalcon,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your generosity to help every one of us in clearing our immigration doubts. I have a question regarding my IELTS test which I took recently for my EE profile which I will create soon.

I got scores as L: 8, W: 6, R: 7.5, S: 7

I did not expect band 6 in writing, I would like to take your suggestion if I should go for remarking for my writing module or not?
Because from what I had written, I doubt that I deserve 6. Could you please provide some insight on this based on your experience? OR
if you could refer me to some IELTS expert who did their remarking and their score was improved?

Also, if I go for remarking is there a chance that my original score might decrease as well?

Thank you and I look forward hearing from you!

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
(a) if I am eligible to apply under CEC and is it a good idea to go for CEC.
Even when you apply under FSW or PNP, an applicant is evaluated against all programs and in your case your are eligible under CEC.

(b) I calculated my CRS which is 465 at the moment. However, should I gain one more year work experience or apply right after ONE YEAR OF INTERNSHIP?
465 is a good score. For CEC:

To qualify for the CEC through Express Entry, you must have:

• at least 12 months of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last three years (before you apply). The work was:
    • full-time OR
    • an equal amount in part-time
  • gained your work experience in Canada with the proper authorization
  • meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability
    • writing
    • reading
    • listening
    • speaking
  • planned to live outside the province of Quebec
Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (such as on a co-op work term) doesn’t count under this program.

If you meet the above, apply for CEC as soon as you finish the 1 year work experience.

(c) Is it mandatory to have a permanent job at the time of applying for PR under CEC? NO

(f) If I am eligible to apply under CEC, therefore, I have to mention NOC as well and I am not sure about it. My job title is Chemical Engineering Intern and my job duties are similar to NOC 2134 (Chemical Engineer) unfortunately, I don't have engineering licence (P.Eng) and under NOC 2134, job requirements has something mentioned about P.Eng. Well, I am super confused.
It is not the title, but the job duties which should match. So check your job duties against that of the NOC you selected.

(g) Any helpful link for samples of letter from employer for immigration purposes.
There is no specific format. Each organization has its own, just make sure that it contains the following:

a reference or experience letter from the employer
• should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
• should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
Thanks very much for all the answers. +1

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon,

Thanks for your previous pm respond. I updated my application with a missing extra documents, Please what does the text on my Note 1 means? from my GCMS extract below: I'm I heading to some kind of hearings?

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility : Passed
Prohibition : Not Started
Knowledge: Passed
Residence: Passed
Language: Passed

Security:

Criminality : Passed
Org Crime :
Misrepresentation :
Other Reqs :
Finals

PAPER FILE
Office : Ottawa Citizenship
#:
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned To : *******
Assigned by : *******
Due Date : 2018/06/15

NOTES:1
Created Date:2017/10/19 13:26:11
Created By:
Updated Date:2017/10/19 13:26:11
Updated By:
Restricted:No
Label: General
Office: CPC-Sydney
Text:

Marital Information received via IRCC questions mailbox, forwarded to local office for review . R.S.C Hearings/5381
The note 1 refers to IRCC having received your marriage documents and is referring to an internal memorandum about admissibility based on which your marital documents will be evaluated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon ,

Please advise on Post PPR procedures and do they send our passports to ottawa for stamping or they ll stamp here in canadian embassy ..
The passports are sent to LVO, if your are a resident of Canada or US, then the LVO is Ottawa.