+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Phillip10002

Star Member
May 18, 2017
If you hold a passport from a non-visa exempt country you will have to send your passport to IRCC for PR visa and CoPR. The CoPR will be issued to the Passport you provided in your application.
Ok thanks. If both passports have been provided. What would happen in this circumstance?
Will CIC indicate which passport to use?
I have read that for visa exempt passport holders there is no visa in passport, only a COPR whereas non visa exempt passports will get a single entry visa in passport plus COPR. Is this correct?

im.ran

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Hi legalfalcon,

I want to ask few questions related to Express Entry application:

1. I joined my current job (outside my home country) from 11th July, 2016; however, my employment period is counted from 1st July, 2016 because they offered me the contract from 1st of July but I couldn't join them because of legal requirement in my home country and they considered it as legal issue so didn't cut my employment days or salary for joining late. Now, when I am putting my travel history in the Application it will be from 11th July, 2016 (since that is the date of exit stamp from my home country and entry into country of residence in Passport), however, my employer reference letter will state date from 1st of July because officially I was part of this company from 1st of July. In this scenario, will it create a concern in VO mind ? Should I mention it in LOE ?

2. There will be a 05 days gap between my last date of previous employment and joining of new employment. It can easily be noticed from the reference letters. So, should it raise any problem or require me to mention in LOE ?

3. Do we need to submit any documentation proof for the jobs we mention in Personal History ?

4. For documents in language other than English or French, CIC guidelines are as follows:

"If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:
  • the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document."
a. By certified photocopy means the document shall be notarized and
b. what does the affidavit need to state ? That the person is authorized/certified translator or just solemn affirmation letter ?

Thanks in advance for answering such long query

Regards,
Imran

Yazeed

Aug 6, 2017
Date of release
Thank you!

The date GCMS notes are requested, the processing is done 1-2 weeks later and the notes are released 30 days form the date of request. So your notes will reflect the status as on the date of generation and NOT RELEASE.

The date of note generation is available at the bottom of each page of the GCMS notes.

To explain you with an example:

GCMS notes requested - Jan 1
Generated - Jan 15
Released - Jan 30

Your notes will reflect the status of your file as on Jan 15.
Thank you!

Dhyom

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon
Kindly help me as I'm really worried about one thing, My husband applied under skilled worker category and got rejected with 2 years ban for misrepresentation. The reason was fake work experience(computer trainer)which is, somehow, true. We applied through a consultant and she suggested that it will add to our points if we can show experience to which we readily agreeded as our friend was having the same institution.
Due to the lack of knowledge we agreed and got all experience papers and as a result, when the visa officer called, my husband was unable to reply many of his questions related to the work experience and place and hence we got rejection.
Though the consultant simply washed their hands by saying we tried and presented well.. but we had to pay for it. It was a blunder we did.

Now it's been 5 years and this time we want to be real and true and don't want to be tempted by easy options for which we have paid huge.

Pls tell if this time I become the primary applicant and apply under express entry with geniun documents, will my husband's previous rejection affect it?

I will really appreciate your help and opinion.Pls guide us.
Thanks.

rajanathomas

Apr 3, 2017
Could anyone please shed some light on our GCMS Notes which we received today.
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility : Passed
Security :
HIRV :
Criminality : Passed
Org Crime :
Medical : Passed
Misrepresentation :
Info sharing : Complete
Other Reqs :
Finals :

PAPER FILE

Office :
#:
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned To : *******
Assigned by : *******
Due Date : 2018/01/20

NOTES: 1
Created Date:2017/08/30
Created By:
Updated Date:2017/08/30
Updated By:
Restricted:No
Label: Adm/
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text:

NOTES:2
Created By:
Updated By:
Label: General
Text:

**Officers Review**PA:Name; SPOUSE:Name; ELIGIBILITY:Upon Review of application I am satisfied that the PA's experience is consistent with Declared NOC 2014-01 to 2016-12; No Adverse Information; Family Composition Married; M/C Provided; No previous relationship or dependent children declared. Identity established via shared documents; EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS REVIEWED R75 (2); MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:SATISFIED R76(1); SELECTION CRITERIA POINTS:Satisfied; SETTLEMENT FUNDS:Reviewed; No Concerns A11.2 & SELECTION PASSED ADMISSIBILITY : CRIMINALITY:Assessed by CIO. No Concerns; MEDS Passed and valid RPRF Paid.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Happy New Year!

Good news is today our applications got approved. I received PPR via msg in MyCIC.

I had applied for LMIA-exempted WP (TRV) along with SOWP and child's visitor visa.

Regarding the PPR letter of CIC, I have following questions:

1. It was not mentioned explicitly though, should I send PPs to VO - Rome directly or via VFS VAC?
  2. Photos are not requested as well, so I shouldn't?
  3. Is it safe to send all PPs in a single envelope with one prepaid return label? instead someone told me I may send all 3 PPs in single envelope but with 3 prepaid return labels.
I am highly thankful to you for your kind assistance in whole journey, and would appreciate if you please respond by your valued insights.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

anishgoel

Dec 6, 2017
@ Legalfalcon.
Hello,
I heard about you from one of my friends and wanted to know if you can guide me on the following issue.
I am an international masters student at Concordia University from India.
I had applied for my study permit together with TRV for my wife and child from India online on 12th July 2017.
I got my visa in 3 weeks and I came here to start my studies in Fall 17 hoping that my dependants will get visa in few weeks. Its been almost 6 month but there is no response from CIC regarding my wife's and child's case.
Can something be done about this?

--A

Member01

May 20, 2017
You will enter you highest degree in the question and answer yes to the Canadian Question. Then another question will pop up which will be the degree in Canada and you will see only the highest option you selected in this new question. so just follow the questions.
Thank you so much...

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ok thanks. If both passports have been provided. What would happen in this circumstance?
Will CIC indicate which passport to use?
I have read that for visa exempt passport holders there is no visa in passport, only a COPR whereas non visa exempt passports will get a single entry visa in passport plus COPR. Is this correct?
YEs, that is correct. If you send two passports, then the non visa exempt one will be used if it was mentioned in the application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon,

I want to ask few questions related to Express Entry application:

1. I joined my current job (outside my home country) from 11th July, 2016; however, my employment period is counted from 1st July, 2016 because they offered me the contract from 1st of July but I couldn't join them because of legal requirement in my home country and they considered it as legal issue so didn't cut my employment days or salary for joining late. Now, when I am putting my travel history in the Application it will be from 11th July, 2016 (since that is the date of exit stamp from my home country and entry into country of residence in Passport), however, my employer reference letter will state date from 1st of July because officially I was part of this company from 1st of July. In this scenario, will it create a concern in VO mind ? Should I mention it in LOE ?

2. There will be a 05 days gap between my last date of previous employment and joining of new employment. It can easily be noticed from the reference letters. So, should it raise any problem or require me to mention in LOE ?

3. Do we need to submit any documentation proof for the jobs we mention in Personal History ?

4. For documents in language other than English or French, CIC guidelines are as follows:

"If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:
  • the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document."
a. By certified photocopy means the document shall be notarized and
b. what does the affidavit need to state ? That the person is authorized/certified translator or just solemn affirmation letter ?

Thanks in advance for answering such long query

Regards,
Imran
1. Explain this in the LoE so that there is no confusion.
2. No problem and no need to explain it in LoE as it is evident from work reference letters.
3. No, you do not need any proof for jobs NOT mentioned in work history as you are not claiming points for it.
4. Certified copy is a notarized document and mentions as a "true copy of the original" on it. For the affidavit see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=040&top=4

Hope this helps!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon
Kindly help me as I'm really worried about one thing, My husband applied under skilled worker category and got rejected with 2 years ban for misrepresentation. The reason was fake work experience(computer trainer)which is, somehow, true. We applied through a consultant and she suggested that it will add to our points if we can show experience to which we readily agreeded as our friend was having the same institution.
Due to the lack of knowledge we agreed and got all experience papers and as a result, when the visa officer called, my husband was unable to reply many of his questions related to the work experience and place and hence we got rejection.
Though the consultant simply washed their hands by saying we tried and presented well.. but we had to pay for it. It was a blunder we did.

Now it's been 5 years and this time we want to be real and true and don't want to be tempted by easy options for which we have paid huge.

Pls tell if this time I become the primary applicant and apply under express entry with geniun documents, will my husband's previous rejection affect it?

I will really appreciate your help and opinion.Pls guide us.
Thanks.
If the two years have passed, you can apply again, however, you will have to explain this in a LoE, which is well drafted and succinct. Also, a consultant advising you to commit misrepresentation is liable for sanctions, and should be reported.

IRCC may put your application through additional screening, but apart from that, there is nothing which will impact the processing if all your documents are in order.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi
Are overstays recorded in Canada ?
That depends. After a visa expires, an applicant has 60 days to leave the country. If you leave within that time, no need to worry. If your status was prolonged, even if you did not receive a letter, it will be recorded in your passport and pop up when your documents and history is explored.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Could anyone please shed some light on our GCMS Notes which we received today.
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility : Passed
Security :
HIRV :
Criminality : Passed
Org Crime :
Medical : Passed
Misrepresentation :
Info sharing : Complete
Other Reqs :
Finals :

PAPER FILE
Office :
#:
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned To : *******
Assigned by : *******
Due Date : 2018/01/20

NOTES: 1
Created By:
Updated By:
Label: Adm/
Text:

NOTES:2
Created By:
Updated By:
Label: General
Text:

**Officers Review**PA:Name; SPOUSE:Name; ELIGIBILITY:Upon Review of application I am satisfied that the PA's experience is consistent with Declared NOC 2014-01 to 2016-12; No Adverse Information; Family Composition Married; M/C Provided; No previous relationship or dependent children declared. Identity established via shared documents; EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS REVIEWED R75 (2); MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:SATISFIED R76(1); SELECTION CRITERIA POINTS:Satisfied; SETTLEMENT FUNDS:Reviewed; No Concerns A11.2 & SELECTION PASSED ADMISSIBILITY : CRIMINALITY:Assessed by CIO. No Concerns; MEDS Passed and valid RPRF Paid.
As per your notes everything seems to be in order. Your eligibility is passed and you are 90% through, only your security is ongoing and as soon as it is complete, you will receive the PPR. Just have some patience.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Happy New Year!

Good news is today our applications got approved. I received PPR via msg in MyCIC.

I had applied for LMIA-exempted WP (TRV) along with SOWP and child's visitor visa.

Regarding the PPR letter of CIC, I have following questions:

1. It was not mentioned explicitly though, should I send PPs to VO - Rome directly or via VFS VAC?
  2. Photos are not requested as well, so I shouldn't?
  3. Is it safe to send all PPs in a single envelope with one prepaid return label? instead someone told me I may send all 3 PPs in single envelope but with 3 prepaid return labels.
I am highly thankful to you for your kind assistance in whole journey, and would appreciate if you please respond by your valued insights.

Thanks again!
Happy new year to you as well!!

1. Most places have an option for either VFS or directly to the VO. However, before you do that, send an email and clarify.
2. For TRV there Is no requirement for photos.
3. Yes, if all the passport holders were mentioned in one application, you can send them in one envelope. However, if there were different application, then send them separately with three different return envelopes.

Reactions: jojee2k6